Sign in to follow this  
2SHY

Fermi Benchmarks

It depends, I noticed the 470's had better minimum FPS in alot of games despite losing in the max FPS, imo minimum is way more important than maximum FPS.

Some sites paint a better picture for it than others, half of them I swear are just on the payroll of either ATI or Nvidia.

Well if a site shows a benchmark where tested cards 'fail'... then it's time to look at replacing those tests. Those Canadian's seem a bit biased on the side of nVidia to me. Which is surprising because ATI was originally a Canadian company.

:P

I prefer Anandtech if I'm honest.

Yep anandtech is so straight down the line nvidia had to cut them out of the group of sites reviewing the GTS250 cause they wouldn't sing its praises iirc they had to go buy a retail one to do their review.

Edited by nesquick

Yep anandtech is so straight down the line nvidia had to cut them out of the group of sites reviewing the GTS250 cause they wouldn't sing its praises iirc they had to go buy a retail one to do their review.

It's the best way to get a grasp of new tech. I like their CPU bench comparison web app.

Wondering how Dasa is going to watercool his GTX480?

picked up some distilled water the other day but didnt sleep well so havent ripped the loop apart for a scrub yet

got some sleep last night still feel like shit but im thinking il give it a go today :)

mcw60 should be right to just stick on with the stock plate to cool vrm\mem not sure how hot the vrm will get though

isnt she beautiful

Posted Image

res is soaking in water and white king algae is starting to flake off but mostly still stuck hoping it will have come lose tomorrow

need to find the pipe cleaner to give the tube a scrub someone has moved it...

polished up the cpu block with the electric toothbrush and some toothpaste

Edited by Dasa

isnt she beautiful

Posted Image

res is soaking in water and white king algae is starting to flake off but mostly still stuck hoping it will have come lose tomorrow

need to find the pipe cleaner to give the tube a scrub someone has moved it...

polished up the cpu block with the electric toothbrush and some toothpaste

Yeah... not turning me on though.

lol at you and your watercooling madness.

iirc, theres just that plate that is 1 piece, then theres the fan, the aluminium heatsinc and the cover for it all.

Probably not a whole lot different than the ati coolers.

its like a 5 heatpipe cooler reminiscent of something thermalright would make, id say its fairly pricey.

Ahh, my bad I thought you meant it would be hard to put together or something due to there being alot of bits.

Yeah it uses 5 heatpipes, doesn't mean its any good though.

Posted Image

I'd say its probably adequate, 5 heatpipes with little surface area to transfer heat to is probably a little bit of overkill.

res still isnt clean :(

dried it out this morning then refilled it with bleach

i used a old acrylic jug to fill it yesterday and today its leaking from several cracks.... they were already there but didnt leak yesterday so im hoping it isnt damaging the acrylic in my res

well the res didnt get much cleaner so its still got some brown patches cant wait any longer though so its back together and now leak testing :)

with a bit of luck i will be testing temps and see how well it overclocks on water within a hour

Posted Image

well my heart stopped for a second when it took a bit longer than normal to post but it seems to be all good :)

15c ambient

24c idle

msi kombustor jumped right to 33c load in the first few seconds and after running for 5 min its at 34c

Edited by Dasa

that was my own fault for letting it get as dirty as i did

and this is what makes it all worth while :)

just ran kombustor the with gpu at 922mhz 1.125v for 10 min peaked at 38c which is 18c above a water temp of 20c not bad for a old block and a fresh application of arctic ceramic

Posted Image

now lets see if the memory has any more in it

that was my own fault for letting it get as dirty as i did

and this is what makes it all worth while :)

just ran kombustor the with gpu at 922mhz 1.125v for 10 min peaked at 38c which is 18c above a water temp of 20c not bad for a old block and a fresh application of arctic ceramic

Posted Image

now lets see if the memory has any more in it

FAR OUT! 38c on that behemoth.

Good job old bean.

spotted some minor tearing so backed off to 900mhz core

memory limit hasnt changed from watercooling perhaps i just got some below average chips but most others test with kombustor which dosent show memory corruption anywhere near as quick as say farcry2

Warhead

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: ambush @ 0 1920 x 1200 AA 0xx

==> Framerate [ Min: 26.79 Max: 53.85 Avg: 44.97 ]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dasa

cant tweak mem v with afterburner at the moment whether it is possible via software or not i dont know

no idea gpu-z reports its stuck at 27c regardless im not sure nvidia put a temp sensor there

but i stuck two scythe gt 1850rpm fans blowing directly over it so as long as the stock plate is making decent contact with them they should be doing just fine

thanks

from looking at early reviews it looked like 900mhz was a chance and it now looks like its what most cards on water can reach and that 200mhz extra sure makes a nice difference to performance :)

the only way i wasnt going to be happy that this was a worthwhile upgrade over the 4870x2 is if it dint oc well but it dose just fine so i am very happy with it

he sure sunk some cash into that rig but i wouldnt mind playing around with some of those parts