Sign in to follow this  
2SHY

Fermi Benchmarks

There's a youtube video somewhere where they literally try and cook and egg on top of the gtx480. Nothing happens.

Of course that's with stock cooling though so heat was being expelled by the HSF.

200-300W isn't all that much for cooking though is it? I think electric stoves are in the KW(s) range?

Someone did that when the 9800GX2 was out... But everyone on YouTube thought the pan was pre-heated. XD

Figured I would post up some benchmarks of GTX470 SLI

Unigine Heaven

Posted Image

will post up some 3dmark vantage and Cop benchmark

well i have just finished my w/c loop yesterday and must say im wrapped with the result its so quiet im running 5 nexus real silent fans 18db.

temps are awsome, i done some research on how to route the loop and ran into mixed opinions some ppl said this is the best way to go:

res,pump,cpu,rad1,gpu1,gpu2,rad2

one guy wrote that the temp equalises through the loop and there isnt a difference in running the loop this way

res,pump,rad1,gpu1,gpu2,cpu,rad2

i ran the second config cos it its neater and uses alot less tubing.

my temps now at idle are gpu1:27, gpu2:29, cpu:32-35

i was at a lan all day yesterday and gpu's max temp was 41 and cpu 55.

and i even ran heaven for 20 mins.

the parts i used are swiftech apogee xt block, swiftech 2x120 rad, swiftech 655 pump, xspc rx 3x120 rad this things 2 inchs thick! and 2 ek 470 full cover blocks and swiftech res.

all this i squeezed into my haf 932 case with 8 hard drives.

i will try to get some pics that are half decent for you guys soon

GTA IV Benchmark : The Ballad of Gay Tony

Statistics

Average FPS: 50.74

Duration: 33.13 sec

CPU Usage: 40%

System memory usage: 41%

Video memory usage: 74%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: High

Shadow Quality: High

Reflection Resolution: High

Water Quality: Very High

Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x16

Night Shadows: Off

View Distance: 25

Detail Distance: 31

Hardware

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

Video Driver version: 257.15

Audio Adapter: Speakers (ASUS Xonar D2X Audio Device)

Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

File ID: TBoGT-Benchmark.cli

Wow thats horrible, methinx you need to overclock that CPU. Also put water quality to high, i think its bugged still.

had a bit of a scare after trying 1.2v to try get past 950mhz

it was still artifacting at bootup and on desktop after restarting the pc but thankfully after a full shutdown and left unplugged for a while now its ok again

it seems anything over 1.175v and this card crashes out of heaven in the first 10sec with gpu kept under 40c

not sure what vreg is reaching still have the stock plate on it but i doubt temp could be the problem in this case it wouldnt get hot enough in such a short space of time

been playing with stability testing

games seem stable at 900 core 2100 mem 1.125v evga oc scanner also runs fine at this

folding is only stable at 850mhz 1.125v or 800mhz stock v1.05

farcry2 benchmark is the best program i have found for testing memory stability much more than 2100mhz and it starts showing pink splotches

this is just the v as set in afterburner havent tested with a multimeter

edit

just tested how much difference overclocking the mem makes on the gtx480 and its stuff all in stalker

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/dasa09/copmemspeed.jpg

Edited by Dasa

GTX485 Possibly spotted?

New Photo's surfaced of a new NVIDIA GF100 board, it looks similar to that of the GeForce GTX 480, but features a stronger VRM, better high-C surface-mount capacitors and two 8-pin PCIe power connectors.

It looks like a previous rumor is confirmed, all streaming multiprocessors (SMs) physically present on the GF100 will be enabled. meaning 512 shader processors, and ROP count to 64. The most likely name for this SKU is GeForce GTX 485. Apart from a higher CUDA core and ROP count than that of the GTX 480, slightly higher clock-speeds for the GPU are also on the cards. The memory subsystem remains untouched, at 1536 MB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 924 MHz (effective 3.7 GHz), over a 384-bit wide memory interface.

Well memory wise that's what the rumor says, we thing another 256MB of memory will (must) be added for the extra SM cluster, which would mean 1792MB of memory.

We do not expect this SKU to launch this summer, yet likely late Q3 2010.

Hmmm....Interesting using full 512 shaders and a clock bump using new PCB with flat capacitors.

downloading unengine heaven now and testing on my outdated rig which consists of-

gigabyte crapper cheapy mobo

amd 6000+ x2 stock at 3ghz

2 x 2gb ddr800 ram

inno3d 8800gts running at 645 core 1344 shaders and 1051 ram ( speeds taken from afterburner)

will post results in a bit once its installed and ive run it on whatever stock settings are.

min fps 16

max 42

was hovering around 25fps for most of the test at 1650 x 1080

Edited by mobon

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this at Atomic forums yet, but here goes...

Thermalright have released a Spitfire bolt kit that makes it compatible with GTX 470/480 and presumablly 465.

Model is GF-100

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/pro...btk.html#GF-100

Its only available at select US retailers currently. Hopefully PCCaseGear gets them in quick, as Im eager to get one along with the Spitfire itself.

Been looking for US retailers with very low shipping cost, but best one so far is frozencpu.com... $10 for the GF-100, $15 for the shipping (thats the 'slow as!' shipping service).

Has awesome performance apparently. Certainly the best option as far as air cooling goes.

GTX485 Possibly spotted?

New Photo's surfaced of a new NVIDIA GF100 board, it looks similar to that of the GeForce GTX 480, but features a stronger VRM, better high-C surface-mount capacitors and two 8-pin PCIe power connectors.

It looks like a previous rumor is confirmed, all streaming multiprocessors (SMs) physically present on the GF100 will be enabled. meaning 512 shader processors, and ROP count to 64. The most likely name for this SKU is GeForce GTX 485. Apart from a higher CUDA core and ROP count than that of the GTX 480, slightly higher clock-speeds for the GPU are also on the cards. The memory subsystem remains untouched, at 1536 MB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 924 MHz (effective 3.7 GHz), over a 384-bit wide memory interface.

Well memory wise that's what the rumor says, we thing another 256MB of memory will (must) be added for the extra SM cluster, which would mean 1792MB of memory.

We do not expect this SKU to launch this summer, yet likely late Q3 2010.

Hmmm....Interesting using full 512 shaders and a clock bump using new PCB with flat capacitors.

Nah. It's just a non-reference design of the GTX480 being made by a company called Little Tiger with beefed up power circuitry

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...zh-CN&tl=en

If it were GTX485 Nvidia would be marketing it, not an AIB partner.

Edited by mark84

sorry just noticed topic heading. deleted, will post in another topic

Edited by chemos

spotted some minor tearing so backed off to 900mhz core

memory limit hasnt changed from watercooling perhaps i just got some below average chips but most others test with kombustor which dosent show memory corruption anywhere near as quick as say farcry2

Warhead

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: ambush @ 0 1920 x 1200 AA 0xx

==> Framerate [ Min: 26.79 Max: 53.85 Avg: 44.97 ]

Posted Image

Posted Image

decided to redo these three tests with the latest drivers and show how much of a performance hit the dell u2711 2560x1440 monitor creates

crysis and heaven have much the same performance but a few driver updates have helped stalker a fair bit but not enough to offset the new monitor

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: ambush @ 0 1920 x 1200 AA 0xx

==> Framerate [ Min: 23.28 Max: 55.39 Avg: 45.38 ]

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: ambush @ 0 25620 x 1440 AA 0xx

==> Framerate [ Min: 22.90 Max: 37.21 Avg: 31.60 ]

Posted Image

I recently purchased a Zalman VF3000F as the idle temps of my GTX470 were slowly creeping higher and higher in the last week. I had applied MX-2 paste to the stock cooler which had helped originally (but not by much).

The Zalman cooler uses a FanMate2 controller to adjust the fan speed. Overall the system fans are no louder than my setup was before installing the cooler. Huge difference over the 'roars at load' stock cooler.

Idle temp is now 29C. Pretty sweet.

I also tried my hand at some overclocking. Have gone from 607MHz stock, to 750ish OC with anything much higher producing artifacts all over the place.

Just ran the Heaven benchmark. The minimum FPS is a bit of a worry, but the settings are unnecessarily high.

Max temp was 55C using the lowest fan setting. Temps would likely have climbed higher if the benchmark was longer.

Any tweaking suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted Image

Update:

After more testing I discovered the low minimum FPS was due to

A) running the Heaven benchmark from its loading screen, rather than waiting for it to load and run normally and then selecting the benchmarking run option.

B) leaving memory clock at stock. By upping it to 1774 (100MHz above stock) the minimum is now approaching 20FPS.

I also tried playing with the voltages. With 800MHz core OC, upping the voltage from 987 to 1007 reduced the artifacts slightly. At this stage Im happy enough with the OC at stock voltage so probably wont venture into higher voltages for the time being, one for lack of necessity and two for fear of breaking the card.

Edited by TrueFlag

well its running nice and cool and your v is low you could probably oc to ~850mhz if you up the v to ~1050-1100mv

extra v will produce more heat though so you may want to up the fan speed when feeding it extra

stock v on my gtx480 is 1068mv and they are much the same core just gtx470 has a few parts disabled

Edited by Dasa

I have a second GTX480 on my desk, will run benchmarks and fps tests tonight. Let you know how it goes.

I am aware how much power these video cards draw.

Edit, may have to buy new PSU.

Edited by 2SHY

struggle did it?

you should be able to get away with a good 750w psu in a cool case but it will probably shut down if you try run fur and linpack at the same time :)

run the cpu at stock v and undervolt the gpu to 1000mv and you can probably run a few benches on a 650w psu ok

Edited by Dasa

struggle did it?

you should be able to get away with a good 750w psu in a cool case but it will probably shut down if you try run fur and linpack at the same time :)

run the cpu at stock v and undervolt the gpu to 1000mv and you can probably run a few benches on a 650w psu ok

Just worried that my PSU may not be able to handle these cards. I have not installed the cards yet. I'll see when i go home.

Earlier Benchmarks, earlier in the thread here

Amacrox FreeStyle PSU 1000W

Think this PSU its ok. Thats it.

Basically, double the performance. Really good scaling imo. It got really hot so we had to leave the side of our case off.

Two Card Unigine

Posted Image

Two Card Crysis High

Posted Image

Two Card Crysis Very High

Posted Image

Edited by 2SHY