Sign in to follow this  
Wilkshake

Civilization V

US: $US49.95

AU: $US79.95

Why do game companies think that we won't notice this bulldust pricing.

COD4, Borderlands, MW2, BF:BC2... :\

Because it costs so much to ship to Australia... Wait.. Hang on.. OK.. It costs all those long distance costs of sending via the pipes. I mean, all those pumps you have to get to get the data all this long distance. Those pumps aren't cheap to run..

AD

Yeah this sucks. I was going to try the &cc=US or the &cc=UK trick but when I go to pay it rejects my credit card :( They must have changed something since I got L4D2.

On a similiar note check out these guys going nuts over the fact that it requires steam:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=363630

I can see why they might be annoyed, when I bought Empire:total war it was the first game I owned that needed steam and it was annoying to have to install and login to it to play... but after I started playing online games like TF2 I wouldn't be without it.

Bloody whingers... Steam only releases are generally awesome because they're all the same and have solid multiplayer built in.

I loved Civ IV, but god was multiplayer a horrible affair, drop outs, quitters, and worse, sitters who would indefinitely sit on waiting for a player to return.

Bloody steam.

Great idea in concept. But you know? I don't want to rely on a net connection to play a game like that. I often play single player.

It is no less than a crappy DRM type system.

If it comes out in a package, I'll probably buy it. But steam? No thanks..

AD

Bloody steam.

Great idea in concept. But you know? I don't want to rely on a net connection to play a game like that. I often play single player.

It is no less than a crappy DRM type system.

If it comes out in a package, I'll probably buy it. But steam? No thanks..

AD

Steam vs disk based DRM wins hands down.

If you're really funny about it, you only need to connect to the internet once, then you just use Steam in offline mode... that's it.

Yep, as an avid DRM hater, I see Steam as more of a management and delivery utility but it also has that DRM function built in - as a user it's invisible and to the developers it's effective.

When they start layering DRM on top of Steam, it's a fucking joke.

I wonder if steam/valve got sued in australia for the price hike would it work?

/waves @ Mills - Long time buddy!

Steam is the medium that the games are sold - they don't set the prices - it would need to be an action against the publishers