Sign in to follow this  
oddman

In need of a Serial Comm Port listening program

Hi, we are trying to get a few Zigbee modules to connect through serial to a computer in order to program them, but we are having a few troubles with the Zigbee module's itentifying themselves to the computer... Anyone know of a program which can listen in to serial comm ports 1-5? We can't use Hyper terminal because that one needs to connect to the port and won't let any other programs connected at the same time, when we need to have the Flash programmer connected at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Look into portmon.

It's been years since I've used it and it may or may not be supported for current windows OSes, but it's a Microsoft tool that was part of the NT resource kit/sysinternals and will monitor and capture all sorts of events on serial (and other) ports.

Thats all, ya Builty i think thats the one we found. Still haven't got the hardware working but this has helped i think.

Hmmm... OK.

So, now it's a post or three with credible content added to long buried threads before we get spammed with malware stuff?

It's easy with Serial Port Monitor (http://www.eltima.com/ru/products/serial-port-monitor/). I'm using Windows OS and this soft is very helpfull with analizing any COMports data, moreover you can catch data in table, line, dump or terminal mode, each providing a different way to represent recorded serial data.
Good one! I've tryed it

Thank you.

I refreshed this page for 8 years to find an answer and finally someone posts a link to some software I"m sure google couldnt have found.

• Like 1