Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
spaced

Portal is free

Mac OS X from the very first version in 2001 has shipped with support for multi-button mice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_%28comp...lti_button_mice

To poke fun at Macs and/or their users with single button mice "jokes" in this day and age smacks of (wilful?) ignorance.

Is it perhaps a case of people who know only PCs/Windows and through some fear of learning/change/things that are different, having trouble accepting the fact that others can and do choose to not follow the masses/share their views?

Edited by Mordenakhnen

Mac OS X from the very first version in 2001 has shipped with support for multi-button mice.

To poke fun at Macs and/or their users with single button mice "jokes" in this day and age smacks of (wilful?) ignorance.

Is it perhaps a case of people who know only PCs/Windows and through some fear of learning/change/things that are different, having trouble accepting the fact that others can and do choose to not follow the masses/share their views?

OMG dude, pull down your turtle neck so you can see the point. It's for the lulz's sheesh.

OMG dude, pull down your turtle neck so you can see the point. It's for the lulz's sheesh.

Telling people with dwarfism midget jokes is for the "lulz" too, as is making jokes about black people and KFC/watermelon, there is no point. And as someone who regards Steve Jobs as a bit of a jerk and who uses/has used various OSes over the years, there is no turtle neck to pull down.

I don't have a Mac, and some PC users are so touchy that people don't have to say anything to them, they just have to use a Mac.

Edited by Mordenakhnen

Back to the point...

I'm sure that it's not that..

I still have a blank screen after the intro video, and sometimes I can't even ALT+TAB away.

Anyone else playing this game with an ATI video card?

I'm using two of them. I have no such problem.

It sounds very much like something specific to your setup.

Im up to level 15 so far and its a very fun game. Im playing it on my old and crappy onboard graphics on the low settings and ive only experienced lagg in one or two levels.

Why are Mac users so mad for? Maybe paying for form over function is starting to get to them.

Why are Mac users so mad for? Maybe paying for form over function is starting to get to them.

Seriously, the only people that still make the one button joke are the mentally ill, and the wilfully ignorant.

Seriously, the only people that still make the one button joke are the mentally ill, and the wilfully ignorant.

And the only people who don't find it funny are Mac owners, and people without a sense of humor.

And the only people who don't find it funny are Mac owners, and people without a sense of humor.

lol

Well, I never played it...

Half Life didn't do for me what it apparently did for everyone else... I played it (Half Life I mean) to the end and wasn't really left thinking "Oh wow!"?

So when the Orange Box rolled around I passed.

Yahtzee said it was brilliant and I still passed (even though his review did tweak my interest)

Portal:

Brilliant!

Finished it. Loved it.

Reminded me a little of a PS2 game I played where you controlled a 4 player team and could switch between players (puzzle solving part) and HAL from 2001.

Really enjoyed that.

Well, I never played it...

Half Life didn't do for me what it apparently did for everyone else... I played it (Half Life I mean) to the end and wasn't really left thinking "Oh wow!"?

So when the Orange Box rolled around I passed.

Yahtzee said it was brilliant and I still passed (even though his review did tweak my interest)

Portal:

Brilliant!

Finished it. Loved it.

Reminded me a little of a PS2 game I played where you controlled a 4 player team and could switch between players (puzzle solving part) and HAL from 2001.

Really enjoyed that.

So here some more free games (pc only) if you live under a rock and missed them. You just need steam + a video card

Free for nvidia card owners

Halflife 2 Deathmatch (multiplayer)

Single Player Lost Coast (a mini Episode of HL2)

Portal demo (kinda unneeded now)

Peggle Extreme

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

for ATI Card Holders

Halflife 2 Deathmatch (multiplayer)

Single Player Lost Coast (a mini Episode of HL2)

http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

Why do ATI cards get less stuff

Try some HL2DM at LAN or with mates online. throwing toilets at people is fun as. "Incoming trolly"

Thanks for that.

Reminded me why I didn't like HL that much too.

Linear and the "shields".

Portal is linear too - but it only lasts 4 hours or so (that is first run through).

Playing HL made me feel like I was on a rail and had to follow a path... for the whole game.

So many things I could see...but never reach... locked doors...

And I am not fond of games where I have 'personal shields'. Where I can just stand there taking hits from a 20mm cannon and firing back.

Meh... each to their own.