Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
SacrificialNewt

Campbelltown/Narellan

It's more than an hours drive and tolls are $68.80 per week.

You guys pay $240 a MONTH just to drive on the roads paid for by the money they steal in taxation?

I'll add that to my long list of reasons not to live in Sydney.

Its not like that for everyone in Sydney.

Takes me 10 mins to drive to work and costs me $0 in tolls.

+1

5 minutes to one gig, and ~20 to the other, no fees whatsoever

the worst i have to contend with is the spit bridge opening if i'm running late... and then i have to look at middle harbour for 5-10 minutes

being on the bike i get to cheat and go to the front of the queue, so when the lane re-opens they can eat my fumes up the hill :)

My opinion? Avoid everything west of this line:

Posted Image

But that's just my opinion...

Edited by SimonSS

I only remember the golf course at Narellan. Used to play there about 15 years ao.

NFI if it still exists

As for road tolls, it's easy to rack up over 20 bucks a day doing a round trip of Sydney, starting at Campbeltown and heading North, then towards the city, then south to head home.

Not a common route, but depending on what you were doing...

<image>

Heh, my opinion is pretty damn close to that too!

Posted Image

LOL - love it. However, I grew up in Randwick and you can now add anything south of Maroubra. Now the buses wont travel the last of their routes through Little Bay and La Perouse as the they have bottles pegged at them by aboriginals. Sad really. When will the government learn to not put housing commission in great big pockets?

Here in the Hills Shire (Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, Kellyville, Dural, Bella Vista and Rouse Hill etc), it's a fairly high socio-economic area. Very, very tame. Beautiful houses occupied by mostly working families who either work in the area or commute to the city.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that map maybe a few more places added to the OK list, but fairly spot on :P

The housing commission block that shits me the most is in Milsons Point, with their million dollar views of the Harbour...that we pay for. Atleast they have something nice to look at while drinking away their welfare dollars.

Im not jaded much, am i? :P

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that map maybe a few more places added to the OK list, but fairly spot on :P

The housing commission block that shits me the most is in Milsons Point, with their million dollar views of the Harbour...that we pay for. Atleast they have something nice to look at while drinking away their welfare dollars.

Actually that's Wooloomooloo.

heh...almost made it to the good side. roughly 200m.

@Cheeky

Thx. very informative.

Posted Image

Oi! Padstow and panania are a great place to live. they're ruralish (almost), close to mt druitt, on the train tracks and full of working families, the druggies are west past that in the strathfield/liverpool/paramatta area.

Thanks Count - that's exactly the sort of information I'm wanting!

Ok, well I'll just go into specifics then for some areas to really avoid.

Ambarvale... full of druggies near the Glen Alpine end, there's usually at least 2 drug dens within the suburban limits there (Won't mention street names or specific areas, naturally).

Eaglvale is good, but it's surrounded by shitty surburbs and housing commision estates, so it really depends where you want to go.

Unlike Glen Alpine, Rose Meadow and ambarvale kinda "blend together" which is why is aid try to go for the Appin side, which is far away from ambarvale and really quite nice.

Airds, Leumeah and those areas are sort of the lower class area (mostly, not all of it), a lot of low income housing and whatnot, particularly the closer you get to the Campbelltown CBD itself, further away you get, the nicer it gets.

Bradbury is good, but it does have the occasional "theft spree", but they only burgle houses which dont have alarm systems as a rule, it seems.

St Andrews is good, so is most of Ingleburn (stay away from the industrial estate, for obvious reasons), Glenfield is on the campbelltown limits and is nice, but is too far from anything.

Menangle is about 5 minutes south of Macarthur by road but it's mostly farmland and small shops, so i'm not sure if that'll be useful to you or not, it's also on another trainline so you'd have to make a change at two stations to get to the city.

There are some new estates that are going in, Park Central (near the campbelltown CBD) and Macarthur Gardens (near glen alpine and macarthur square) which are really high priced and brand new, but Mac Gardens looks like housing commission (all the houses are the same design) and is right next to a commuter car park. Park Central is equidistant from macarthur square, campbelltown mall, the marketplace and is in the same suburb as campbelltown private hospital.

Edited by Count

No, you're wrong.

She's referring to Greenway Apartments in Milsons Point.

No, you're wrong.

Wow. Now I know which building you're talking about. Had no idea it was public housing.

And so what if it is? Everyone deserves to have harbour views. Shouldn't only be for the rich.

There is nowhere near enough public housing in Australia, compared to Europe.

I always look at that building when I go over the bridge and wonder what it'd be like to live there.

And so what if it is? Everyone deserves to have harbour views. Shouldn't only be for the rich.

not when they don't earn it. Unfortunately some ppl believe it is their right to have what the haves have without doing the work the haves did to get it.

No, you're wrong.

Wow. Now I know which building you're talking about. Had no idea it was public housing.

There is nowhere near enough public housing in Australia, compared to Europe.

I always look at that building when I go over the bridge and wonder what it'd be like to live there.

Seriously - *sigh* what's the point?

Once you get down that far, Picton isn't very far away!

I quite like Picton.

Edit - Here's a beauty!

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Rent...n/?adid=6581514

I think we can do better than that.

I like Picton and know it well, but we can afford to live in Narellan and it's just that slightest bit warmer in winter...oh and Picton High didn't fare as well on the NAPLAN tests as Elderslie.