Sign in to follow this  
ash_XP

Intel CPU prices increasing

hahahahahahahaha stoopid econamy failling all thanks to dumb ass american goverment going public about the whole "rescue package for rich asswipes" in other words "CEO's of all banks when we give you a rescue package run of with the money and kill your company". i hate the econamy of the world its stupid and should be scraped, making everything free or bringing the world into chaos muhahahahaha. (except for isolated continents like australia LOL)

I think that you would fit right in over there!

also sounds like he has been watching one of the commercial stations news broadcasts where they present a biased view on everything.

hahahahahahahaha stoopid econamy failling all thanks to dumb ass american goverment going public about the whole "rescue package for rich asswipes" in other words "CEO's of all banks when we give you a rescue package run of with the money and kill your company". i hate the econamy of the world its stupid and should be scraped, making everything free or bringing the world into chaos muhahahahaha. (except for isolated continents like australia LOL)

what you dont know is that the "dumb ass american" banks and insurance companies have a lot of investments here in australia too emccat. Consequently, it will affect us. I hope you arent working in a company that is owned by said banks or companies or your job would be in big trouble.

well i believe the drop has occured now, i cant remember all the cpus it was meant to affect, but the q6600 is back down to $299 from $325. Still more than it was a week or 2 ago.

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone else has been noticing, but ive been closely watching the Intel Q6600 prices last week or 2 and they have been increasing quite dramatically. I mean yesterday at Umart it was $288 i believe, and today its jumped up to $325. And im almost certain it was about $260ish only beginning or last week.

Can someone shine a light on this for me, because at this price theres no way im buying a quad core.

Happy hunting :)

Since when did you notice that prices went up?

well I started this thread after noticing they were goin up fairly quickly, but i cant specificalyl remember the date, i do remember i started the thread once the q6600 went to $325 at umart, but its down to $290ish now however. I ended up gettin the e8400 istead though, when i ordered I just couldnt justify the price difference between the 2

Prices started to slowly go up just after July when the dollar was it's highest and then started to fall.

July = $0.97c to now October = $0.64c

Give or take a %30 drop.

CPU's are extremely exchange rate sensitive.

It's now at $0.61 :/

Given too that distributors also hedge the exchange rate to protect themselves, the calculated buy price for resellers from $USD will be a few cents less than the current exchange rate. Even disti's who re-calculate exchange rates daily will cover themselves by a couple of extra cents. So a calculated buy price for the resellers from the disti, at a $0.61 exchange rate may actually be in the vicinity of around $0.57c

And yes I work for a disti. Not saying which one though :)

I should also add, that once the last Q6600's come in this week they then go end of life.

So if you don't want to miss out, best get yours now.

The q6600 has been an awesome cpu for me. I believe I paid $260 for it about 15 months ago, about a month before G0 stepping came out.

So are 65nm cpu's now eol? I was thinking about getting a e1200, e2180 or e2200 for use in a home server. But if replacements are on the way I might wait.

The q6600 has been an awesome cpu for me. I believe I paid $260 for it about 15 months ago, about a month before G0 stepping came out.

So are 65nm cpu's now eol? I was thinking about getting a e1200, e2180 or e2200 for use in a home server. But if replacements are on the way I might wait.

The E2xx series was replaced by the E5xx series a while ago. They are 45nm

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=E5200

The E2xx series was replaced by the E5xx series a while ago. They are 45nm

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=E5200

E2200's are still current.

i picked up a brand new E8300 for $150 delivered on another forum...lol to people who pay more than that for e7200s...:)