Sign in to follow this  
ash_XP

Intel CPU prices increasing

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone else has been noticing, but ive been closely watching the Intel Q6600 prices last week or 2 and they have been increasing quite dramatically. I mean yesterday at Umart it was $288 i believe, and today its jumped up to $325. And im almost certain it was about $260ish only beginning or last week.

Can someone shine a light on this for me, because at this price theres no way im buying a quad core.

Happy hunting :)

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone else has been noticing, but ive been closely watching the Intel Q6600 prices last week or 2 and they have been increasing quite dramatically. I mean yesterday at Umart it was $288 i believe, and today its jumped up to $325. And im almost certain it was about $260ish only beginning or last week.

Can someone shine a light on this for me, because at this price theres no way im buying a quad core.

Happy hunting :)

They've gone up due to weakness on the Aussie dollar.

I can tell you tho they are going to drop in price this Friday.

I'd hold of on your Q6600 till then.

In July when the AUS$ was at 97c Q6600's where less then $200 at some retailers.

hey yeah,

i was talking to some of my mates that do business and finance at lunch and they informed me that the oz dollar could have somethign to do with it. I do now remember seeing that we dropped to like 66c on the us $ just recently.

Any ideas on what we might be looking at for drops on friday, or is it up in the air as they say :)

AUD has gone back up 5c since it hit bottom last week, I'd expect us to get back up to 80c fairly quickly.

sorry to any Americans here (xguntherc) this is not a pun at you but FFS stupid bloody George Bush run country has fucked the whole world up.

Well, Clinton's fairly responsible for setting up the whole Freddie/Fanny mess which led to the big nut being busted, but GWB and more importantly his economical/financial advisors were retarded for letting it go on as long as it did.

Well, Clinton's fairly responsible for setting up the whole Freddie/Fanny mess which led to the big nut being busted, but GWB and more importantly his economical/financial advisors were retarded for letting it go on as long as it did.

This.

voting Dubyah in for 1x term was idiotic enough, but, a 2nd term?

(shakes head)

I reckon the yanks got off lightly, considering what he could've done.

I just despise him so much but yea the country could be worse.

The Federal Reserve Bank orchestrates every rise and fall in the stock market for the financial gain of a few, and the big picture is Global Domination.

Yes CPU's have gone up 50 bucks or so...

Out of interest MyAlbanianAss, what is the VID of your Q6600? Mine is 1.3250v which I have found seems to be part of the reason I cannot OC stable past 3.2Ghz. Apparently the older ones had a much lower VID and greater OC.

Out of interest MyAlbanianAss, what is the VID of your Q6600? Mine is 1.3250v with I have found seems to be part of the reason I cannot OC stable past 3.2Ghz. Apparently the older ones had a much lower VID and greater OC.

No idea.. was for a customer. I'm building the machine tomorrow, so I'll let you know then

I estimate at least $20-$30 drop on the E2200/E2220/Q6600/Q8200

E2180's, and E7200's will be now end of life.

So you might find these at a bargain as retailers try to get rid of them.

I estimate at least $20-$30 drop on the E2200/E2220/Q6600/Q8200

E2180's, and E7200's will be now end of life.

So you might find these at a bargain as retailers try to get rid of them.

Are you thinking that these price drop will be the one thats happening tomorrow or this weekend supposedly?

Out of interest MyAlbanianAss, what is the VID of your Q6600? Mine is 1.3250v which I have found seems to be part of the reason I cannot OC stable past 3.2Ghz. Apparently the older ones had a much lower VID and greater OC.

1.3250v. If you have the SLACR chip, the G0 i think it is, you should be able to do over 3.2 easily.

Well most of the undiscerning, unintelligent and southern people of the USA love him.

I think you will find the opposite of these people vote democrat... I think that the USA is ready for an Intelligent, confident leader... Go Barrack Obama.

I am also confident that the Aussie dollar will increase soon. We have a sturdy economy, and good banks. But when America sneezes...

1.3250v. If you have the SLACR chip, the G0 i think it is, you should be able to do over 3.2 easily.

Nup not happening, probably better in the Overclocking Forum, but I have spent a goot deal of time researching, reading and testing.

I can get 3.4 (380x9 1.475v) just not prime stable for more than 10mins or so. Where as 3.2 is rock solid. FSB is stable as far as I have pushed it to 450x6. I will head to OCing and Cooling.

phenom cpu's have not really risen in price which might now make them a more attractive option for a cheaper but still pretty good build.

hahahahahahahaha stoopid econamy failling all thanks to dumb ass american goverment going public about the whole "rescue package for rich asswipes" in other words "CEO's of all banks when we give you a rescue package run of with the money and kill your company". i hate the econamy of the world its stupid and should be scraped, making everything free or bringing the world into chaos muhahahahaha. (except for isolated continents like australia LOL)

hahahahahahahaha stoopid econamy failling all thanks to dumb ass american goverment going public about the whole "rescue package for rich asswipes" in other words "CEO's of all banks when we give you a rescue package run of with the money and kill your company". i hate the econamy of the world its stupid and should be scraped, making everything free or bringing the world into chaos muhahahahaha. (except for isolated continents like australia LOL)

I think that you would fit right in over there!