Sign in to follow this  
jubbing

L4D2 Uncensored?

Is there a way to play online with a uncensored version of Left 4 Dead 2?

I've heard of people *gifting* from the USA over steam, and its uncensored and it works just like the American version.

Any truth to this? (the copy I bough overseas is unfortunately region locked)

Ah good to know, I was planning to get someone from the USA to gift it to me.

If that works it'll solve a hell of alot of problems.

dammit its not working for me because steam sees L4D2 already in my comp. Better uninstall and try again?

Oh, you already bought the censored version before trying to get the uncensored? You're out of luck I think, you'll most likely need to get it on another account.

Yep - you will need to create a new steam account for the uncensored version.

Taht or you can ask steam support to remove the key. They will delete it btu they wont refund your money. wizzy did this, no problems.

I purchased it last night from the US with full Gore.

However it was after having sent a support ticket to unlock US purchases when I got AVP.

I used my Credit card and used USA CA 90001 postcode to buy.

Steam have introduced IP locking based on location - thus most people will not be able to use the CCW method stated in my thread. Some fortunate people in AU still have the ability to use this method - its how I got my pre-order of Civilisation 5 and gifted a copy to a friend.

The alternative is to have someone with the ability (US/UK/privileged few from AU) to gift it to you.

Edited by neX

nex have you got a source for that? I've been trying to preorder the US version of Civ 5 and it rejects me.

If what you are saying is true then I should be able to use something like Hotspot Shield to get a USA IP and it should work?

I'm not sure if VPNs/Proxies work DK.

But I can +1 neX's statement and say that IPs are locked so theoretically, it should work.

OK I'll have a play with it tonight- if its only IP geolocation then hotspot shield should work... I was under the impression they were checking the country of issue on your credit card... let's hope not :)

Nah, my aussie credit card works fine with it and I've used a vpn connecting through america to buy before with my CC aswell.

I dont even bother changing my address or anything.

I just change country and state (obviously) and add an extra digit onto the end of my postcode.

Doesn't work for me... I used hotspot shield to get a US IP (verified using whatismyip.com), but when I go to buy it just says my billing address doesn't match my courrent location :(

Tried a few different states and zip codes in the US (Country was defininately set to US) but it still wouldn't accept me...

Yeah, it must be looking at place that the CC was issued.

If you want help give us a yell and I can gift it for you.

I'm thinking I'll have to order a copy from NZ or somewhere like that to get proper copy as my CC doesn't work on UK/US store any more :(

Yeah, it must be looking at place that the CC was issued.

I think it actually verifies the current billing address associated with the card.

I wonder if you can use a prepaid CC to get around that????

nah it's something like county of issue.

i've played around with the addresses and stuff a lot when my card wasnt working, and it's a visa debit (prepaid).