Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Gfwl has to be on for a game to save. Well that's how it works on the one I got in the steam sale.

Doesn't have to be online. Never has. You can still log into an online profile when you don't have internet (it will say something about not being able to connect, retry/cancel so you cancel and it will say "xxxx has logged in (offline)")

Its no way the same as ubisofts always on DRM with crappy cloud saves.

Gfwl has to be on for a game to save. Well that's how it works on the one I got in the steam sale.

Doesn't have to be online. Never has. You can still log into an online profile when you don't have internet (it will say something about not being able to connect, retry/cancel so you cancel and it will say "xxxx has logged in (offline)")

+1 I only found this out recently when you educated me on GFWL after I was bitching about the exact same thing as fliptopia

Well that's weird. A couple of months ago my net was down and it wanted me to start at the beginning. Just tried it then with my nic disabled and it let me load my saved game. Thanks for letting me know. I probably never would have tried it again and harboured ill will for the rest of my life.

I think the saves get stored in the Ubisoft folder in program files.

Odd that I can't find Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow... maybe it was never ported to PC.

It was. Its just not available on steam.

Odd that I can't find Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow... maybe it was never ported to PC.

It was. Its just not available on steam.

its not that great, first one and chaos theory are brilliant though.

I might have to pick up Conviction when I get home.

Nuke. You're going to have to play co-op with me.

Suppose I tried to play Pandora Tomorrow, a bunch of times, but couldn't pass the first mission because that shit was fucking hard. Let's pretend for a moment that I couldn't pass the first level in Hitman 2 either, because for some reason I'm the worst stealth player ever.

Reckon Double Agent would be any easier for a fail artist of that magnitude? I hate being so bad at these games, because I really want the story. Looks fun.

Suppose I tried to play Pandora Tomorrow, a bunch of times, but couldn't pass the first mission because that shit was fucking hard. Let's pretend for a moment that I couldn't pass the first level in Hitman 2 either, because for some reason I'm the worst stealth player ever.

Reckon Double Agent would be any easier for a fail artist of that magnitude? I hate being so bad at these games, because I really want the story. Looks fun.

you just need patience, try chaos theory, has multiple ways of actually approaching the final goal, for example you can get all these cool attachments for the main gun and be as stealthy or head on as you want, mind you some missions still need a degree of finesse.

Conviction if fucking brilliant. It's more like Modern Warfare series but that's not a bad thing. Nice polish, voices and locations, good action.

Double Agent was made by the Chinese studio and it's a broken game. Major bugs and just all round shittiness. I played it ~40% through and binned it. Pirate it if you can.

Conviction if fucking brilliant. It's more like Modern Warfare series but that's not a bad thing. Nice polish, voices and locations, good action.

+1

It's an amazing showcase of how a linear story can be done in a game. I would say it easily surpasses the standard that MW set.

Everyone should play it.

Ubisoft Week was great. Got Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway and GRAW 2 with it. Looking forward to trying them soon.

Heard great things with them both especially with the Brothers in Arms as I enjoyed the Brothers in Arms story immensely back on my psp memories. I wonder if there's still an active online community to cruise multiplayer with for GRAW...

All for 20 bucks though! :)

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Double Agent was made by the Chinese studio and it's a broken game. Major bugs and just all round shittiness. I played it ~40% through and binned it. Pirate it if you can.

+1

It's an amazing showcase of how a linear story can be done in a game. I would say it easily surpasses the standard that MW set.

Everyone should play it.

As a Splinter Cell game, I didn't like it as much. But thats because I preferred the difficulty of the first 3.

Its too easy to shoot your way out of Conviction.

Its too easy to shoot your way out of Conviction.

Now you're speaking my language. I'm a great believer in ye olde brute force.

So yeah, some of these games definitely aren't Freezone for Westnet/iiNet or whoever users. My Freezone usage is only about 20GB for the month so far, and Shogun 2 alone is around 18.75GB. So definitely watch for that if you have a small cap.

I looked at all the Splinter Cell and whatever games just then, was about to buy, but I just went... meh, I'm probably never going to get around to playing one of these games, let alone forty seven thousand of them. I'm keeping a tight leash on the itchy trigger finger in my holster.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

I'm much more interested in the Ghost Recon complete pack. All of the Ghost Recon titles for $13.59! I lost interest in Splinter Cell after the first couple of games.

I'm much more interested in the Ghost Recon complete pack. All of the Ghost Recon titles for $13.59! I lost interest in Splinter Cell after the first couple of games.

I wouldn't judge Conviction on previous titles, its similar in lots of ways, but there are some drastic changes too, its a much more enjoyable game for the most part, so if you didn't like the harder difficulty of the first 3 splinter cells, conviction is definitely worth checking out.

I wouldn't judge Conviction on previous titles, its similar in lots of ways, but there are some drastic changes too, its a much more enjoyable game for the most part, so if you didn't like the harder difficulty of the first 3 splinter cells, conviction is definitely worth checking out.

Thing is the first 3 were not really hard apart from the (for me) bugged AI in the last level of pandora tomorrow, you could play any of them on hard and still beat it without losing any health if you had the patience.

Thing is the first 3 were not really hard apart from the (for me) bugged AI in the last level of pandora tomorrow, you could play any of them on hard and still beat it without losing any health if you had the patience.

What I meant was, they were hard if you didn't try and be stealthy, you couldn't go all gung-ho, lots of people didn't like them for that reason.