Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Fear pack is pretty cheap today 50% off iirc, F.E.A.R is a definite buy for anyone who has never played it.

I've played through FEAR and thought it was brilliant - have not however touched any of the expansions, or number 2 at all....

Worthwhile? I wouldnt mind playing through FEAR again I spose.

If you don't like Kane and Lynch, you don't appreciate interesting characters, and mature stories.

I do, this is why I watch a lot of movies containing those themes you describe though and that doesnt require me to persist though terrible gameplay, controls and so on...

Max Payne 1 & 2 is a great example of how interesting characters and mature stories marry up with fantastic gameplay.

Admittedly I cant think of any others at the moment. though

That said, if there was a K&L Pack for $10 I'd probably get it and give it another crack. I never finished it on the xbox... at the moment the first one is $20 :/

Edited by TheMojorising

If you don't like Kane and Lynch, you don't appreciate interesting characters, and mature stories.

I do, this is why I watch a lot of movies containing those themes you describe though and that doesnt require me to persist though terrible gameplay, controls and so on...

Max Payne 1 & 2 is a great example of how interesting characters and mature stories marry up with fantastic gameplay.

Admittedly I cant think of any others at the moment. though

That said, if there was a K&L Pack for $10 I'd probably get it and give it another crack. I never finished it on the xbox... at the moment the first one is $20 :/

Personally, the first game got a bit iffy when you get to the 'military' type stages later in the game. But otherwise I found it to be fairly decent for its time.

But I really enjoyed the second game. It was pretty intense.

I also love Kane and Lynch as characters, so yeah.

FEAR and Extraction Point are quite awesome, FEAR moreso than Extraction Point, but for an expansion made by a dif team it goes alright.

Perseus Mandate was horrible, uninspired level design and the same scares as the first 2.

FEAR and Extraction Point are quite awesome, FEAR moreso than Extraction Point, but for an expansion made by a dif team it goes alright.

Perseus Mandate was horrible, uninspired level design and the same scares as the first 2.

and the second fear?

and the second fear?

pretty ordinary by all accounts, first one was the best ;)

The original FEAR was brilliant and is just 10 bucks. Better off get that and don't waste your life on the rest of the fears as they are just not worth it.

The original FEAR was brilliant and is just 10 bucks. Better off get that and don't waste your life on the rest of the fears as they are just not worth it.

I disagree. I found that Extraction Point was just as awesome to play through as the original.

The others, not so much. I couldn't stand FEAR 2, was just so poorly scripted. In the first FEAR I saw every scare when I was supposed to, in the 2nd one, a lot of the time I'd go over a trigger for a scare it would happen behind me, I'd hear the music, but wouldn't see anything.

I disagree. I found that Extraction Point was just as awesome to play through as the original.

The others, not so much. I couldn't stand FEAR 2, was just so poorly scripted. In the first FEAR I saw every scare when I was supposed to, in the 2nd one, a lot of the time I'd go over a trigger for a scare it would happen behind me, I'd hear the music, but wouldn't see anything.

The annoying thing is because of the company changes and mess ups during all the FEAR's game development. The game kinda went all over the place.

Hope FEAR 3 can be good.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

The annoying thing is because of the company changes and mess ups during all the FEAR's game development. The game kinda went all over the place.

Hope FEAR 3 can be good.

Yeah, Monolith said to pretend that Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate never happened, so 2 is a direct sequel to the original, but the expansions are also sequels, funny thing is though, I thought that Extraction Point was more interesting story-wise than Fear 2.

Go figure.

Hope FEAR 3 can be good.

Yeah, Monolith said to pretend that Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate never happened, so 2 is a direct sequel to the original, but the expansions are also sequels, funny thing is though, I thought that Extraction Point was more interesting story-wise than Fear 2.

Go figure.

Haha.

FEAR 2 was so darn disappointing.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Left 4 Dead 2 went on special to become only $6.80. Not bad, might consider it but I'm worried that I'll get tired of it really quick from my memories of playing with friends in internet cafe.

But hey maybe just for $6.80 there ain't much to lose right?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Left 4 Dead 2 went on special to become only $6.80. Not bad, might consider it but I'm worried that I'll get tired of it really quick from my memories of playing with friends in internet cafe.

Its not a bad buy, although I have spent over 400 hours hours on the original and only like 8 hours on the second imo that says something about the re-playability.

And that's how they make their millions.

Is the version you'd get still the bullshit, nerfed, Ausfalia edition? If so, I wouldn't consider paying anything for it.

And that's how they make their millions.

Is the version you'd get still the bullshit, nerfed, Ausfalia edition? If so, I wouldn't consider paying anything for it.

O_O Yeah I need find out if its the US version.

It better be...

Will only be US version if you buy it in the US or get someone who has access to the US store to get it for you.

:(

Yeah, I call it the "Pussy Edition". And for that reason, I'll never buy Left 4 Dead 2.

Blame the OFLC for that one. Letting the first one through unscathed and then censoring the second one, because players might not be able to tell the difference between zombies and humans.

Hippocrits.

Yeah, I call it the "Pussy Edition". And for that reason, I'll never buy Left 4 Dead 2.

Blame the OFLC for that one. Letting the first one through unscathed and then censoring the second one, because players might not be able to tell the difference between zombies and humans.

Hippocrits.

It was a little bit more than just that dude.

If it had the same gore as L4D, it would have gotten through just fine, however it is far more violent than L4D hence the ban (The fact that you can't tell if they're humans or zombies did come into it though).

Just noticed that Warner Bros has jacked up the full price for FEAR 3 from 49.99 to 74.99. :(

I'm not gonna bother anyway.

@Blue Fire I noticed that too. Thought it was a bit of a gamble even at the 10% off, $67 or whatever it wound up being.

Fate of the World is 50% off with the daily, I got it. I do enjoy the odd sim every now and then. It's coming down at 40kb/s though...gonna be half an hour.

*edit* It's only 80% or so done after well over an hour. Stupid slow servers of slowness.

Its a shame about the price of F3AR, after playing the leaked prebuild, it seems pretty solid, should be a fair bit of replayability in it, what with full co-op campaign, multiplayer and other co-op game modes (like last stand/horde/wave whatever you want to call it, very similar to COD Zombies)

*edit* It's only 80% or so done after well over an hour. Stupid slow servers of slowness.

I like to change the servers and restart steam until I get a decent speed going.