Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Wondering if Dragon Age Pack is worth it to get Dragon Age II?

I bought Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, I've wanted it for a while and I had a feeling it was going to be on special during this summer sale so at 3am last night I checked and bam, didn't even think about it.

The multiplayer intrigued me. I remember reading about it on atomic's trail in the e3 article on the magazine. I wonder if it's anything good or fresh.

Its different, PC release was plagued with problems with the mp though, made it nearly impossible to find a game, so I don't know what the player base is like currently, but from what I have played over Xbox Live and the little I played on PC, its definitely a fun and different experience. Worth a try for the price, thats for sure.

I've heard nothing but bad things about DA2. Take that as you will.

I played DA2 for about 14 hours before I took it back to EB to get my money back. Total shit imo.

Hey i noticed the DLCs for ARMA 2(BAF and PMC) got price dropped as well.

I got ARMA 2 from retail in a box so is it possible to link the steam dlc to the game that isn't associated with steam?

I don't think so Twinkie, best off to grab Combined Ops and the DLC for $30.

That way you get ARMA2, OA and the 2 DLCs all on steam.

My Steam Friends seems to be currently broken... Anyone else having issues?

Also my download speed sucks, Steam doesn't seem to want to stay connected to fast mirrors. It will occasionally pick up a good one and pull 2MB/s+ for a minute or so, but it seems to like to float around 150-200KB/s.

My Steam Friends seems to be currently broken... Anyone else having issues?

Also my download speed sucks, Steam doesn't seem to want to stay connected to fast mirrors. It will occasionally pick up a good one and pull 2MB/s+ for a minute or so, but it seems to like to float around 150-200KB/s.

Thanks god for that, not just me

Mine has gone too. So has the Community tab, and Steam Community in any browser

I can't log in to the client at all, but I can login on the website. Just bought defense grid, figured it's worth the AUD$2.40 or so :) I mean what, that's a cheeseburger? Almost a small coffee?

I can't log in to the client at all, but I can login on the website. Just bought defense grid, figured it's worth the AUD$2.40 or so :) I mean what, that's a cheeseburger? Almost a small coffee?

No issues with steam client here :P

But you baulked at $3.30 for Magicka?

The mind boggles.

But you baulked at $3.30 for Magicka?

The mind boggles.

It wasn't the price, it was the content. I feel like playing games like defense grid every now and then; games like Magicka? Hardly ever.

I've got money to spend, I just didn't see enough value in bothering to buy Magicka :)

I got the Tropico 3: Gold Edition for $5 and Torchlight for $3. Glad I've got a 200GB cap atm, been downloading alot of games in the sale.

Edit: And I just got Painkiller: Black Edition for $5. FUCK YEAH !!! Such a fun game. Anyone who likes old school shooters go buy it, NOW !

Edited by disolusiond

Isn't Steam quota-free for you? Certainly is for me.

I always wanted to try Painkiller, I'll go grab it now.

It depends on the games. I thought it was quota free but then I downloaded a heap of stuff and most of it wasn't.

Doesn't people from bigpond get unmeterred internet when downloading off steam? There's some tweaks involved from my reading. But after doing some changing in the options of steam some more complicated things came into play like using third party tools, etc.

Anybody know of this cause i would like unmetered internet on my bigpond to download those chunky games. -__-

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Doesn't people from bigpond get unmeterred internet when downloading off steam? There's some tweaks involved from my reading. But after doing some changing in the options of steam some more complicated things came into play like using third party tools, etc.

Anybody know of this cause i would like unmetered internet on my bigpond to download those chunky games. -__-

Utilise Freys steam filter found here

http://members.iinet.net.au/~chapman.j/

You need it to lock onto Bigpond however beware that they dont have all the games. In my case whenever I attempt to download something thats not on their server - my steam hangs and computer freezes. Its really annoying but setting it ip sounds like its much easier than fiddling with steam itself

Edited by TheMojorising

Utilise Freys steam filter found here

http://members.iinet.net.au/~chapman.j/

You need it to lock onto Bigpond however beware that they dont have all the games. In my case whenever I attempt to download something thats not on their server - my steam hangs and computer freezes. Its really annoying but setting it ip sounds like its much easier than fiddling with steam itself

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

RUSE is 10 bucks today. I bought it a couple weeks ago and i have to say its a very unique RTS. If you like showing how intellectual you are, this game will provide the satisfying action.

Be warned it has a steep learning curve just like starcraft but presents a more calmer less intensive approach on its gameplay.

No need to be like this to play RUSE!

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

RUSE is 10 bucks today. I bought it a couple weeks ago and i have to say its a very unique RTS. If you like showing how intellectual you are, this game will provide the satisfying action.

Be warned it has a steep learning curve just like starcraft but presents a more calmer less intensive approach on its gameplay.

I'll add that Frozen Synapse, easily one of the best titles released this year, is US$12 for a two pack. Grab it right now, go halves with your dog if you must.

I'll add that Frozen Synapse, easily one of the best titles released this year, is US$12 for a two pack. Grab it right now, go halves with your dog if you must.

Yeah that looks pretty good as well. Considering it heaps. >_<

Bought the Fallout Expansions for $7.74. (Dead Money & Honest Hearts). Want to get Deus Ex Human Evolution but it is not discounted heavily enough.