Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Vampire: Masquerade - Bloodlines.

$15.

Hell yes.

and then get the unofficial community patches to fix all the damn bugs in the game.

Vampire: Masquerade - Bloodlines.

$15.

Hell yes.

and then get the unofficial community patches to fix all the damn bugs in the game.

Even so.

One of my favorite games ever.

I just never owned a copy.

All the stalker games dropped to below 4 bucks. Fascinating.

Jeez, ~$10 for the trio. I've never played them, but will bite at that price I think. MNC (GOTY 2010, punks) is a steal at $4 too.

/edit: Actually, I've rationalised it - if I buy STALKER but don't currently have a gaming PC, that means it is actually going to cost me more like, hmmm, $1510 to play.

:(

Edited by elfinke

All the stalker games dropped to below 4 bucks. Fascinating.

Jeez, ~$10 for the trio. I've never played them, but will bite at that price I think. MNC (GOTY 2010, punks) is a steal at $4 too.

Dude! You have to, they are the most amazing atmospheric FPS games you will ever play. Truly amazing and they don't get the praise they deserve with review averages around the 80s.

Never have I played an FPS with so much attention to detail. The weapon ballistics and AI absolutely trump other AAA FPS titles too, really amazing games and some of the few titles around that I would happily pay full price for.

I pirated STALKER a week before it was released over here and went out and bought the collectors edition when it was released, even though I'd finished the game, I've played through them all multiple times too, really amazing.

They can be a bit hard to get into though, you just need to peg it out for the first few maps and then you'll love it.

Also bought RUSE yesterday, seems like a fun RTS, not bad for $10, its different, thats for sure.

Edited by NukeJockey

RUSE has plenty of depth and tactics just like Starcraft 2 and Company of Heroes. Here's a good resource I discovered if you wanna go pro in RUSE. http://www.battlestrats.com/games/_/r-u-s-e/

I'm glad its not linear but i don't think I'll be able to dedicate myself to this as much as I like too cause its just too time consuming and like Dave said it has a steep learning curve.

There's so many other games I'm dedicated to ATM anyways. Games that require your juice like Starcraft 2. T_T

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Goddammit ! I'm trying to buy Stalker CoP & Clear Sky but Steam wont let me. It says I need the original Stalker before I can buy them. Thing is I do have it and it's installed, I just didn't buy it through Steam (yes it has been added to my games list). Anyone know how to get around this? I don't want to buy a game I already have installed, even if it is only $4.

Goddammit ! I'm trying to buy Stalker CoP & Clear Sky but Steam wont let me. It says I need the original Stalker before I can buy them. Thing is I do have it and it's installed, I just didn't buy it through Steam (yes it has been added to my games list). Anyone know how to get around this? I don't want to buy a game I already have installed, even if it is only $4.

There is no way around it, the deal is only for people that own the original on steam apparantly.

Edited by NukeJockey

Doesn't people from bigpond get unmeterred internet when downloading off steam? There's some tweaks involved from my reading. But after doing some changing in the options of steam some more complicated things came into play like using third party tools, etc.

Anybody know of this cause i would like unmetered internet on my bigpond to download those chunky games. -__-

Utilise Freys steam filter found here

http://members.iinet.net.au/~chapman.j/

You need it to lock onto Bigpond however beware that they dont have all the games. In my case whenever I attempt to download something thats not on their server - my steam hangs and computer freezes. Its really annoying but setting it ip sounds like its much easier than fiddling with steam itself

Tried to do a hefty 2 gb update with TF2. I applied the bigpond filter and then steam's download rate went to zero. Does that mean bigpond won't work with TF2? Bigpond does have their gamearena servers on TF2 though. -__- Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Going to grab me the Stalker games. I already played the first though, I don't really want to buy it. But I have to get the other two?

Also, the Monkey Island games are $7.50. I've never played them, so I best get them.

Also, the Monkey Island games are $7.50. I've never played them, so I best get them.

They're both great :) Make sure you switch between oldschool and the new graphics frequently, it's fun to hear and see the upgrades :D

You should all be buying Jamestown right now :-)

It looks like an amazing SCHMUP, and the 4 player things is really appealing, assuming there are people to play with... sell me on it.

Anyone willing to gift me a copy of the US version of Left 4 Dead 2?

Dirt cheap at the moment.

Can wire some cash via Paypal or something?

Doesn't people from bigpond get unmeterred internet when downloading off steam? There's some tweaks involved from my reading. But after doing some changing in the options of steam some more complicated things came into play like using third party tools, etc.

Anybody know of this cause i would like unmetered internet on my bigpond to download those chunky games. -__-

You need it to lock onto Bigpond however beware that they dont have all the games. In my case whenever I attempt to download something thats not on their server - my steam hangs and computer freezes. Its really annoying but setting it ip sounds like its much easier than fiddling with steam itself

Tried to do a hefty 2 gb update with TF2. I applied the bigpond filter and then steam's download rate went to zero. Does that mean bigpond won't work with TF2? Bigpond does have their gamearena servers on TF2 though. -__-

Yeah Bigpond are fucked, I had to turn my filter off to download TF in the first place. It seems that even if they host servers to actually play the game, that doesnt necessarily mean they have the game for download. Rediculous really.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is a must-play for pretty much every gamer. Especially before Arkham City comes out!

Ergh, trying to download The Sims 3 - 15gb - and its only getting 50kb/s, so annoying. Can't wait til this sale is over.

Ergh, trying to download The Sims 3 - 15gb - and its only getting 50kb/s, so annoying. Can't wait til this sale is over.

I dared to download the small and sensible (and awesome) Frozen Synapse last night...

At 8-12kb/s :(

got FarCry2, loved the first one and for $5 US hard to go pass, do i dare say that i mangaed to dwnload all 3.5 Gb's at 770kb/s...

and i might have to get Batman AA at that price =]

got FarCry2, loved the first one and for $5 US hard to go pass, do i dare say that i mangaed to dwnload all 3.5 Gb's at 770kb/s...

Might have come from an Aussie mirror, don't think I'm so lucky with the sims though.

Might have come from an Aussie mirror, don't think I'm so lucky with the sims though.

I beleive you are right there Nuke, dont worry iv had my far share of slooooooooooooooow dwnload speeds via steam, still have nightmares over BFBC2 at 50-120kb/s....

Tried to do a hefty 2 gb update with TF2. I applied the bigpond filter and then steam's download rate went to zero. Does that mean bigpond won't work with TF2? Bigpond does have their gamearena servers on TF2 though. -__-

Yeah Bigpond are fucked, I had to turn my filter off to download TF in the first place. It seems that even if they host servers to actually play the game, that doesnt necessarily mean they have the game for download. Rediculous really.

Posted Image