Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Just bought Batman: Arkham Asylum downloading at 1mbit.

"Internode" Posted Image

Batman: Arkham Asylum is a must-play for pretty much every gamer. Especially before Arkham City comes out!

It's very consoley, but a damn good game. Nothing like blowing off some steam in the challenge modes, endlessly comboing henchmen.

"Internode" Posted Image

You're aware that 1mbit is 125kb/s right?

Edited by NukeJockey

"Internode" Posted Image

Sorry but i had a rofl chopper moment when I read this... +1 Nuke. :D

Edited by dishd

My speed has currently gone from hovering around 50-80kb/s up to 250kb/s, done 3.2gb/15gb -.-

EDIT* Just checked again, its up at 500kb/s now! :o

Edited by NukeJockey

125KB/s (kilobytes per second), not 125kb/s (kilobits per second).

Yep you're right, I'm always quite lazy with my caps and just to be a bit more pedantic, its actually kB :P

Edited by NukeJockey

God damn it, Rift is $10 now. I just bought it less than a month ago. Guess well have a flood of new meat to play with. It's so frustrating seeing all the games I've just bought over the last few months at such cheap prices. Oh well, I'll know for next year.

I bought BF:BC2 when it was $5, and I left it downloading overnight. While I was pissing around on the web, Steam's peak speed was showing as around 300KB/s, though it was barely managing 100KB/s or so sustained.

When I came back the next morning, it had peaked at 3MB/s, which is pretty close to what my connection is capable of.

I guess the Summer Sale is just /really/ popular hey?

Edited by SquallStrife

its not on the main page but amnesia dark descent is 50% off, comes highly recommended by nukey if you want a good scare and from what I have read is a really good game.

its not on the main page but amnesia dark descent is 50% off, comes highly recommended by nukey if you want a good scare and from what I have read is a really good game.

Definitely, was close to GOTY last year.

Definitely, was close to GOTY last year.

+1 from me. Bought it on 2 of my accounts :P

Always good to support the smaller guys as well...

so far ive got from the sales:

battlefield: bad company 2 + vietnam exp + dlc = $10

Grand theft auto 4 + GTA:episodes from liberty city = $10

i missed out of borderlands GOTY edition for $7.50 and Need for speed pack (undercover+shift+shift2+hot pursuit) for $19.99 cause my pay was alittle late :(, been tempted to get C&C 3 + kanes wrath exp pack for $10, but im limited with funds this week, bought alot of new pc gear and a 5 seater lounge, and my bank balance is hurting atm, want to wait and see if anything else of interest comes up, sale has 3 or 4 days to go yet.

brink just arrived from the UK (paid $30... seriously not liking it atm), also got the shadowbroker/katsumi/arrival DLC for mass effect 2 today, so ive got plenty to keep me busy if anything i want doesnt come up for sale again on steam.

... i missed out of borderlands GOTY edition for $7.50...

I'm hanging out for a last day return to the $7.50 price point. Otherwise I'm just gonna jump in at whatever the sale price happens to be.

After multiple tries in different time intervals, i really can't sign to steam. Is it the sale traffic?

Yep having the same trouble, all afternoon.

^ i wrote them an email yesterday talking about how awful the Australian servers seem to be on and off these past few years.. Hopefully if enough people complain they might try fix it up a bit..hopefully.

The worse thing about these steam specials apart from the servers going mental is sometimes theres just to many good sales and u cant afford them all :P haha