Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

God now the downloads keep pausing themselves.

Posted Image

^this

also, COP downloaded at 800kb/s, yet Killing Floor downloaded at 50kb/s.

both finished.

neither work.

*feelsbadman.jpg*

God now the downloads keep pausing themselves.

Posted Image

^this

also, COP downloaded at 800kb/s, yet Killing Floor downloaded at 50kb/s.

both finished.

neither work.

*feelsbadman.jpg*

Chances are you got COP off an aussie server or something, hence the decent speeds.

Any idea why it doesn't work? You tried verifying the files? I know there is a launch bug with COP on steam that some people get where it will come up with the STALKER splash screen on the desktop and then it just disappears and the game won't launch again, if thats the case, check your running processes, chances are that the games exe is still running under processes (its XREngine32 or something like that) close it down and give it another bash.

If thats not the case, then just verify the cache.

I have purchased not a thing so far. Mind you, I go through Steam regularly and never find anything worth buying, and crap games are crap at any price.

God, I'm such a sour old bastard.

I have purchased not a thing so far. Mind you, I go through Steam regularly and never find anything worth buying, and crap games are crap at any price.

Have you watched the Back To The Future trillogy yet? Since you have no new games to play, I demand you do so right now! :P

Also, I've only bought one game so far, which as you can probably guess, was BTTF. :P

Batman? Bad Company?

No prior knowledge required other than 'zombies exist'. It isn't even the same protagonist, its a sequel in style of game only really.

Edited by Bundy

Have you watched the Back To The Future trillogy yet? Since you have no new games to play, I demand you do so right now! :P

Also, I've only bought one game so far, which as you can probably guess, was BTTF. :P

He's never seen the BTTF trilogy?!

Jesus. Talk about under a rock.

No prior knowledge required other than 'zombies exist'. It isn't even the same protagonist, its a sequel in style of game only really.

Not exactly, there are some mentions of the first one in the second one, but nothing major.

There was mention of Amnesia: Dark Descent in the thread earlier. For those curious, definitely grab it now. It's at 75% off :)

Eg, $5!

Fallout 3 GOTY edition is also around the $10 mark, and Mafia 2 is $7.50. That's really about all I'm familiar with though :)

Universe Sandbox is $5 today. For anyone who's interested in physics, space, time, etc, it is a fantastic toy/tool and well worth your time and money. I have pumped well over 50 hours in since I got it, playing God and making shit happen. Tonnes of fun and it has the leanings.

splinter cell games are all 66% off, anyone who has never played the first and chaos theory for $3.39 each they are a fantastic bargain bin buy.

both mass effect games are 66% off to, both have fantastic storylines and at least 20hours per game to complete them.

Edited by nesquick

He's never seen the BTTF trilogy?!

Jesus. Talk about under a rock.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy, nope. :P

I watched about ten minutes of the first one the other day and was not impressed by its performance.

You watched 10 minutes and gave up on an all time classic.

Confirmed. No taste!!!!!!!!

The missus was watching it, and I think it was the fiftieth time I heard "THAT'S THE POOOOOOOOWER OF LERRRRVE" that I decided to stick my head in.

I stuck it back out pretty quickly, and chucked my headphones on.

Edited by Takoma

The missus was watching it, and I think it was the fiftieth time I heard "THAT'S THE POOOOOOOOWER OF LERRRRVE" that I decided to stick my head in.

I stuck it back out pretty quickly, and chucked my headphones on.

What, you judged a great trillogy on a backing track which happens to be
? I bet you went back to play this on your SNES. :P

Posted Image

GREAT SCOTT, Takoma! We've got to go back in time right away, to 1985, so you can see this film that every other person in the history of the universe has seen!

Posted Image

But DAAAAHCK, I'm too busy having no taste yet enjoying everything else from this time period!

Look, I'm really sorry you guys are cursed to dig shit films, but let's not derail this thread too much.

On topic, I just bought the Mass Effect games, will report on how much I hate them once I've given them a bash later tonight probably.