2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

if you bought any of those developer packs its entirely possible to have all those games not that you would ever play half of them.

Not all worth playing but I do have 699 games in my steam now. Proof below.

Posted Image

Holy Moley! I've only managed 252 since I signed up in the same year.

Does DLC count towards game count? I basically don't buy DLC, if it aint in the original they're money grabbing.

EDIT: To answer my own question, looked at my list and it shows the Defense Grid DLC I redeemed through the summer sales tickets, so I guess they do.

Edited by mark84

Holy Moley! I've only managed 252 since I signed up in the same year.

Does DLC count towards game count? I basically don't buy DLC, if it aint in the original they're money grabbing.

EDIT: To answer my own question, looked at my list and it shows the Defense Grid DLC I redeemed through the summer sales tickets, so I guess they do.

I think so, Steam community says I have 140 games, but only 86 are shown in Steam

Edited by sillysam

Posted Image

submit to guiness world records??? thats insane!

Dang. 699 games is insane and to play them all to the end probably will cost you a lifetime :S

Posted Image

Please, please, please put your details into this so we can see what your account is worth!

I have nearly 300 games on mine and its worth like 4.5k, so yours will be insanely priced lol.

That calculator would be better if it knew the prices you actually paid on each game so you knew what you spent.

Either way, my 104 Steam games are sitting at $1389.

It will be interesting to see Nav's result if he/she posts it.

My 38 games on steam is sounding rather paltry. With a total of $359 on the calculator but only 101.90 when I add up my receipts (I keep tally coz I'm some kinda nerd).

edit: paltry not poulty... mmm poultry

Edited by fliptopia

Steamcalculator.com tells me that my account has been active since 1970-01-01 and I have 0 games.

Steamcalculator.com tells me that my account has been active since 1970-01-01 and I have 0 games.

2 things: you got post #1111 on this thread, and are you Gabe Newell???

That's depressing, 40 games at $461.

2 things: you got post #1111 on this thread, and are you Gabe Newell???

Oh shit, you just introduced gets to Atomic

$1242.24 USD for 77 games, I'm sure I've paid a lot less than that :P

Doesn't seem to count dlc or unreleased games

Wrong ID?

Posted Image

Please, please, please put your details into this so we can see what your account is worth!

I have nearly 300 games on mine and its worth like 4.5k, so yours will be insanely priced lol.

For whatever reason it only shows up 87 games for $1118. This site hasn't worked for me in ages.

I did a tally on my steam transactions and it says I have spent over $4300 of real dollars. But the transactions have only been keeping track since the release of the orange box. Sad but I guess we will never know :(

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5856/

Over the years, Steam has delivered a lot of bits to a lot of people. Delivering content is really at the core of Steam, and we have been working on improving that core. As of today, you can download some of the content on Steam using all-new server and client code to get the job done.

The new content system is designed to do two things: deliver better download rates in more places around the world, and also to simply streamline the publishing process on Steam, ultimately making it possible to ship more games than we would have been able to with the old system.

The maximum aggregate bandwidth of the system will be greater than the current system; this will help us satisfy spikes in demand when there’s a big release. We will also be able to send content from more places, to better serve people all around the globe. All the content on the new system is sent via HTTP; this is more firewall-friendly than the current system, and will automatically take advantage of web-caching proxies installed at ISPs.

Another way that the new content system improves the bandwidth picture is by requiring each user to download less data. With the Steam content system that’s been in place for a few years now, if an individual file on disk were modified by a game update, your client had to download the whole file. That can be painful when the file in question is really large. The new system supports delivering only the differences between the old and new files, meaning game updates will be much smaller overall.

These changes have given us an opportunity to write new tools for game developers and content publishers that simplify the process of both publishing and updating a game on Steam. Simplifying the publishing process means it takes the partner and us less time to ship each product, so we can ship more stuff to more users.

In addition, the new content system will allow us to build several new features that we’ve often heard requested. Upcoming client releases will include things like download scheduling, bandwidth throttling, and prioritizing which games get downloaded first. You’ll also be able to download an update to a game while you’re playing that game; Steam will apply the update after you exit the game.

Over time, more and more of the content on Steam will be delivered using this new system. Soon, Dota 2 will be delivered using it. In the meantime, if you’d like to try out this new content system you can do so right now; if you download a 1280x720 (HD) trailer from the store, it will happen via the new content system. Give it a try!

Edited by elfinke

Wrong ID?

Nah, it's the right ID.

Oh well.

Not an impressive list anyway.

Edit:

After the update to the steam service I now can't access the steam store via the client.

Error 503 Service UnavailableService UnavailableGuru Meditation:XID: 699387139Varnish cache server
Edited by viremia

Wrong ID?

Nah, it's the right ID.

Oh well.

Not an impressive list anyway.

Edit:

After the update to the steam service I now can't access the steam store via the client.

Error 503 Service UnavailableService UnavailableGuru Meditation:XID: 699387139Varnish cache server
Same here but only if i click certain pages of the steam store.

I'm surprise I'm bringing this out but i have finally downloaded Poker Night at the Inventory and it is quite a decent game. You can exploit the AI a little with over raising the chips but any game with an TF2 item on the stakes always provides a challenge. Maybe i'm just newbie at poker but I'm gonna enjoy enhancing it.

Me and my cat will win those TF2 items poker style! XD

Posted Image

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Civilization V is currently $27.20 (66% off)

Not my cup of tea, but for those of you that like that sort of thing I hear it's quite good.

I might get it, I haven't played an RTS in ages. Though I certainly don't need such a life-sucking game in my... life.

Yeah time is too much of a virtue.