Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Fallout New Vegas 50% off, with dlc 50% too.

Not got this yet. Worth it? Good game? I enjoyed F3. If worth it, which of the DLCs are worth it?

Cheers

Fallout New Vegas 50% off, with dlc 50% too.

Not got this yet. Worth it? Good game? I enjoyed F3. If worth it, which of the DLCs are worth it?

Cheers

short answer: yes

long answer: yes.

Haven't played the dlc yet, but I do own them

Painkiller: Black Edition is $4.99 today. If you don't own this game by the end of the day you are shit and do not deserve to own a PC. That is all....

If you don't own this game by the end of the day you are shit and do not deserve to own a PC. That is all....

What a fantastic marketing slogan. :P Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I just grabbed the 3rd NV DLC, haven't given any of them a shot yet, but if they're anything like Fallout 3s DLC they should add some more life to the game.

The DLC may well inject more life into it, but it's a shame F:NV wasn't terribly interesting. I took it back after a couple days play.

That's how I felt about F3. Soulless, lifeless game it is.

New Vegas on the other hand has me a bit by the balls. At 50% off for DLC and the game proper, I think I'll bit. As mentioned elsewhere, 'Obsididoes what Bethesdon't'.

I played n finished the 3rd DLC when it came out, it's pretty amusing, definitely one of the quirkier ones, neat voice acting too, it's also a handy one to have, you can either keep maxing your character or it gives you the option to lock the game at level 30 as a perk, if you rock up a sub 30 character and level up, which if I CBF'd seems like a really good idea.

There's some neat items too.

When it comes to F:NV vs F3... it's the two different styles... I love both of them, but they are different, personally I prefer F3 though, I just dug it a little more really suckered me in, but F:NV is definitely a return to the original Fallout style, it's a little more free in it's game play but it lacks that urgency. It really depends which waste you like wandering around more...

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

Much preferred F:NV over F3, but they were both good. Bethesda made a more interesting world than they did in Oblivion, which was great to explore, but it was far more boring than F:NV imo.

Yeah... The NV world is far more diverse and has more locations, but I preffered the wastes of F3 to NV.. I also dug the story a little more, especially with the Broken Steel DLC...

It's close, but F3 still pips out NV, I just dug the story more, but then again I've got over 110 hours of gameplay from NV and a mere 66 from F3 including doing pretty much EVERYTHING and all DLC...

Rich non-fantasy worlds YES!

Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals is currently 50% off or $2.49 USD, it popped up in my news feed from steam on facebook, and somehow i was immediately reminded of the movie Immortal, however there is a slight difference, the movie is set in New york where the game is set in france, but the pyramid/spaceship hovering over the city, complete with the Egyptian gods intervening in nikopol's life. looks like a interesting game if the movie and the game preview on steam is anything to go by.

borderlands is 75% off today

anyone wanna go a 4 way? :P

for the GOTY edition?

Edited by jdog

Got Serious Sam BFE for $36!!!

Get in an pre order now before pre-purchase ends, it launches and then they put the aussie tax on it (read: double the price)

Far Cry $2.49

It's true...

I really haven't played this.

i played it then got over it at when you meet the weird mutant things.

Turned me right off.

i played it then got over it at when you meet the weird mutant things.

Turned me right off.

I did that too...

Even at half price. they still feel overpriced. :P

MW2 is actually $15 for the US

At half price, we are still asked to pay 200% premium for the same game :/