Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Keep in mind though, that the DXHR for sale on GMG is only the standard. Not discounting the Augmented Edition has me somewhat confused when I know that alot of people would buy that over the standard version.

Yeah I bought the augmented edition.

What I'm not sure is how you're gonna obtain all the extra stuff. They just gonna give you a code once you first start up the game or something?

I freaked out when you mentioned the augmented edition.

But when I saw that the stuff that was included, i stopped caring. Misc digital soundtracks and crap I do not care for.

Happy with my Greenman purchase.

Yeah I bought the augmented edition.

What I'm not sure is how you're gonna obtain all the extra stuff. They just gonna give you a code once you first start up the game or something?

Add it to steam, should come up as deus ex HR augmented edition and all the goodies will either download with the game or appear in tools, im not sure which.

I hope Skyrim is the Sunday special. I'm about 80% through Oblivion (I think!)

EDIT: Gah, it's CIV 5. I already own that.

Edited by Virtuoso

L.A. Noire 50% off...

I finished this game and somewhat enjoyed it... it's worth a look just for the facial animation and the cool 40's LA look, the story is kinda good too, but it takes a loooong time to get interesting, about 60% through really...

NOTE: this is a deeply flawed game, it's got so many good ideas, but very poor implementation, at the end of the equation, it's too easy, and leaves no room for the player to overlook something or make a mistake..... which takes all the fun out of the "detective" work... The interviewing is quite fun but unfortunately is a little too binary with questioning, you have to read whether they are telling the truth or when to push them, but it's either "right" or "wrong" and you know immediately, so there's no real suspense or mystery to the value of the "clues" you'll get...

It seems the game was originally designed to be an innovative and challenging tour de force new gamestyles but was dumbed down to such a level to suck the fun out of the game, kinda like playing Myst with a walkthough, way to ruin a game... even though I think Myst was lame.

Why I would recommend it though.... is because of what it tries to do... if you can stick out the banality of the first 2/3rds you might be rewarded... Not for everyone though.

Best played with beers... :P

It's a game of missed opportunities... and I don't know what the reviewers were playing cause as you'll see there is really nothing much to challenge the player unlike older adventure titles... no cake really, nothing to make feel like a smart badarse.

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

L.A. Noire 50% off...

I finished this game and somewhat enjoyed it... it's worth a look just for the facial animation and the cool 40's LA look, the story is kinda good too, but it takes a loooong time to get interesting, about 60% through really...

NOTE: this is a deeply flawed game, it's got so many good ideas, but very poor implementation, at the end of the equation, it's too easy, and leaves no room for the player to overlook something or make a mistake..... which takes all the fun out of the "detective" work... The interviewing is quite fun but unfortunately is a little too binary with questioning, you have to read whether they are telling the truth or when to push them, but it's either "right" or "wrong" and you know immediately, so there's no real suspense or mystery to the value of the "clues" you'll get...

It seems the game was originally designed to be an innovative and challenging tour de force new gamestyles but was dumbed down to such a level to suck the fun out of the game, kinda like playing Myst with a walkthough, way to ruin a game... even though I think Myst was lame.

Why I would recommend it though.... is because of what it tries to do... if you can stick out the banality of the first 2/3rds you might be rewarded... Not for everyone though.

Best played with beers... :P

It's a game of missed opportunities... and I don't know what the reviewers were playing cause as you'll see there is really nothing much to challenge the player unlike older adventure titles... no cake really, nothing to make feel like a smart badarse.

I thoroughly enjoyed the setting and tone but was just like one of those cheapo CSI games or whatever.

Not the greatest thing around but differant eand interesting enough to give a whirl for a while

Edited by TheMojorising

TW: Shogun 2 is $22.50 (75% off) for about the next 2 days.

Never really played any TW games, but I hear good things. Looking forward to checking this out at some point, after finishing a whole bunch of other games I've yet to get through.

Portal 2 - $10 atm

Do I bite?

If you don't, perhaps it's time to think about leaving this world. :p

Portal 2 - $10 atm

Do I bite?

How long do you want to wait for it to be $7.50 again? It's worth the tenner several times over. Especially if you can find someone who hasn't played the coop story already to do that side of it with you.

Strongly recommend purchasing Bard's Tale for 5 bucks - has a surprisingly lengthy campaign and some great humor.

Played it when it was released back in 2005 or so, just bought it again for another (slightly nostalgic) play through - oh what fun! :D

SQUenix sale on steam, $75 for the pack, which includes deus ex, deus ex hr, hr dlc, dungeon siege 1 2 3, tomb raider (3x) just cause 1 and 2 and all dlc, few others, not really worth it for me as I own most of the games on there, dungeon siege 3 and the just cause 2 dlc is all id go for

The Last Remant is Square Enix associated. Any idea if it's worth a play?

I heard really mixed things about it.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

The Last Remant is Square Enix associated. Any idea if it's worth a play?

I heard really mixed things about it.

I wasn't a fan at all, got it on release because I was looking for a JRPG to play on my PC and it was very disappointing.