2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

Been playing the 'card market'.. I started at 40c.

I'm up to $1.30. Got a few more cards to sell.

Wheeee.. I have $0.00 in real life to spend, so I'm playing "Steam" instead... :P

With any luck, something like FTL will go on huge sale and I could buy it!

AD

Did you pick FTL up while it was 75% off or something?

Picked up Kingdoms of Amalur and the DLC for $10. Probably good filler though. And Supreme Commander 2 and the DLC for $4. I have to agree that Supreme Commander 2 isn't as great as the first...

Seems Steam coupons can stack with the summer sale discounts.

I just purchased Endless Space Gold for $4.37 (75% off because of summer sale, and 50% off that because of coupon)

Haven't got FTL yet.. Been having too much fun.

SO.. My score so far.

I've gone from, lvl 4 with 40c to my name (or there abouts. Lvl4 was certain!)

I'm now level 10. I've got $1.59 to my name and another 60c or so to my name in market sales.

Interestingly, the way I've done this, the levels gave me more cash. By getting some 10c cards to complete badges, I was able to get cards when they were still 40c+

Sexy Dexxie gave me some free games (THANKS!!!). Humble bundle leftovers stuff. So I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be.

But I had a lot of fun on Steam 'as is'.

AD

I popped up all the cards I had left and 2 TF2 items I didn't even knew I had up on the market.

It's netted me $11 :D

Not too shabby.

Finally, there it is - Assetto Corsa is $20 today!

Finally, there it is - Assetto Corsa is $20 today!

That's another steam sale over and possibly my cheapest yet, I ended up getting Don't Starve and Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition. I think over all I ended up making rather than spending any wallet credit with all the cards I sold. I did dump my last 5 or so cards a little early just before the last day as it looked liked the price was dropping out but I got them all from voting and playing so it was all money gained either way.

I think my main buys were BG 1 + 2 remakes, and some DLC for Rocksmith 2014. Gained maybe 2-3$ from cards, tho' I ended up spending most of that on buying some others to complete some sets on the last day.

In This Sale I Learned (ITSIL): I have awesome Atomic Friends .

Thanks to Dexxie for offloading some games he had.

Extra special thanks to Nich for offloading FTL to me (The 1 game I really really wanted). Love you long time Nich.

Otherwise, I'm at $3 in my steam wallet now ( a few more cards sold). I'm level 10. I'm a happy chappy.

AD