2SHY

Steam Specials Thread

did anyone here realize that if you look at the steam update news it has grand theft auto san andreas 75% off yet it isn't on the steam store

go to the UK store, has the pack for 15pounds with gta1,2.3,VC, and SA

True. Whats the exchange rate for the pound?

Just gifted Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition + Awakening for US$53.98 to a mate

I actually saw Borderlands at my Dick Smith for only $20 which is still cheaper than the Steam sale. I may be buying myself HL2. Seems like an awesome deal for only $3.39 USD.

I actually saw Borderlands at my Dick Smith for only $20 which is still cheaper than the Steam sale. I may be buying myself HL2. Seems like an awesome deal for only $3.39 USD.

It's like $11 on the US store.

Hang on mills I'll send you through now.

Crysis Warhead worth $15? I've got Crysis and enjoyed the first part of the game. I liked stealthing about wasting NKs. I didnt enjoy the latter alien levels.

Wait, is stuff cheaper from the US store instead of what we get directed too?

I don't bloody get it. I searched the USA store and yeah Borderlands is $10.19 instead of the $27.19 I'm shown...

BUT!! Saints Row 2 is shown as $3.74 for me instead of $7.49 on the USA store....

WTF? So when Borderlands was full price US, I would've been stung for a good $120 of my hard earned.

Edited by Alcoholic

Wait, is stuff cheaper from the US store instead of what we get directed too?

I don't bloody get it. I searched the USA store and yeah Borderlands is $10.19 instead of the $27.19 I'm shown...

BUT!! Saints Row 2 is shown as $3.74 for me instead of $7.49 on the USA store....

WTF? So when Borderlands was full price US, I would've been stung for a good $120 of my hard earned.

It's regional pricing. Generally you can expect the US/UK store to be cheaper than the AUS store. But it's not always the case as can be seen with SR2. Even though it was probably a mistake.

I bought the Crysis pack from the US store and saved $10 USD I think by doing so.

Is Borderlands worth it If I ain't gunna be playing it in Co-Op??

depends, the story is not that great.

Is Borderlands worth it If I ain't gunna be playing it in Co-Op??

I enjoyed it and played it through twice. Once you start getting better weapons it is a lot of fun. Very rpg / fps.

Yeah it's not really drawing me in too much at the moment.

I started out the same way, about an hour in I started to get hooked and by the end of the game I loved it. Hence why I played it through the second time.

Battlefield is roughly $35 today. - US Store.

Edited by bushi

Whats everyones opinion on Just Cause 2?

It's tempting me badly...

Finally Portal on sale. $3 of my golden shingles.

Whats everyones opinion on Just Cause 2?

It's tempting me badly...

I've played about 120 hours. Make of that what you will.

I can't play the second one my pc due to the age but the first one is hella good :D

Finally Portal on sale. $3 of my golden shingles.

It was free a few days ago.

Hahaha, damn. Yeah I keep missing the free Portal. Think might have been May or March it was free too, still missed it. Oh well. Got the Nvidia deal first half, from that I figured it was worth the 3 pieces of fake gold.

Takoma, mate, given that it's last day of sale, and I generally like games like that, I may just splash out.

Bloody sale... They should call it a fire sale. Imagine how many people use Steam, now imagine how many $$$ exchanged electrical signals down the wires, pipes, and Al Gores 'interwebs'...

Edit: The hell? I managed to double post in my own post?

Edited by Alcoholic

Takoma, mate, given that it's last day of sale, and I generally like games like that, I may just splash out.

Bloody sale... They should call it a fire sale. Imagine how many people use Steam, now imagine how many $$$ exchanged electrical signals down the wires, pipes, and Al Gores 'interwebs'...

I believe there's another day, since it's still the 3rd in the US of A.

Edit: The hell? I managed to double post in my own post?

You double posted, and the forum automatically merges consecutive posts from the same user.

re: double post... Guess it's been that damned long scince I've really been on here. On and off for last 4-5 years I think.

The time frame, I got the impression that the sale would only last 10 days, and they are saying that it's the tenth day so far.

So unless theres another 24 hour sale starting at 12am on the U.S 4th... Heres hoping. (or not. Kind of hope not, bye bye money, I'll miss you)