PhR33X

Batman 3

It would take me longer to read that review than to just watch the movie

Dude. Even after adjusting for hyperbole that's a sad indictment of your reading skills.

It would take me longer to read that review than to just watch the movie

Dude. Even after adjusting for hyperbole that's a sad indictment of your reading skills.

Reading is for nerds

So I watched this last night. I loved it 9/10 my only gripes where banes voice and how fast paced everything was it could have been 2 movies.

... it could have been 2 movies.

That was a problem with TDK too. Dent becoming Two Face added 20-30 minutes and basically nothing of value to the flick. No-one cared about Two Face in that flick, he was window dressing.

Just walked out of the cinema.

Were they trying to add as many plot holes as possible? Jesus Christ.

'

You mean like the one where, seemingly, no one really panics or attempts to escape the city?

All the bridges where blown, bar one...

90% of the population was watching a game when it all happened.

You mean like the one where, seemingly, no one really panics or attempts to escape the city?

And no-one has ever heard of a boat. Or a helicopter. Or can swim 200 metres.

But everything contradicted everything else. It was a complete clusterfuck of plot lines.

My personal favourite, was were Bane was all happy to get his rape on with whatever-her-name-was' Mother, but changed his mind for some unknown reason. Then fought every other person in the hole (for some unknown reason) so he could help the girl (for some unknown reason), who I assume helped Bane get out (but only one person had ever got out). What a clusterfuck of everything.

'

Edited by Foods

I thought it was great. Not as good as Dark Knight, Joker and Harvey offered more superior supporting cast for sure. Bane was great and the twist at the end was good too, but half the time you couldn't understand him with that mask on.

The one bit I think they could have improved on was the very end. Instead of showing Bruce with Selina at the table, they should have just went with Selina and someone who might have been Bruce with his back towards Alfred. Like Nolan did with the end of Inception, that would have made a powerful keep-them-guessing ending. Sometimes leaving things uncertain and unsaid is better.

Also how the hell does one escape a nuclear explosion with just seconds to eject and get away? There's no way he could have gotten far enough with so little time left on the cloak.

But other than these two minor details, very happy with the movie. Kudos Nolan, for wrapping up the series so nicely. Didn't see that many plot holes tbh.

I think my only issue with it was that the cops that were underground for 5 months or whatever seemed awfully clean for having been stuck in a pipe for almost half a year...

lol yes they should have been severely malnourished and too weak to fight, I doubt Bane would have given them full rations. But one can overlook that I suppose.

I'm actually quite glad I didn't read any Batman comics, that would have ruined the twist for me, and the movie characters are so much more interesting.

Edited by Oracle X

lol yes they should have been severely malnourished and too weak to fight, I doubt Bane would have given them full rations.

Exactly. Food rationed. Little to no natural light. No running water. No bathrooms. I mean WTF.

They even came out shaved, not at all looking like crazy cop uniform wearing cavemen. Which is what they should have looked like after 5 months being trapped underground.

IN THE WINTER.

I guess it's possible the resistance smuggled more food and water to them though I doubt it would have been much. The area they were trapped in were quite big and prob does include some facilities and running water.

Anyways, great movie with minor flaws. Powerful and fitting ending to a beloved series. I doubt anyone could have done better.

The one bit I think they could have improved on was the very end. Instead of showing Bruce with Selina at the table, they should have just went with Selina and someone who might have been Bruce with his back towards Alfred. Like Nolan did with the end of Inception, that would have made a powerful keep-them-guessing ending. Sometimes leaving things uncertain and unsaid is better.

When we were all walking out, I said "He should have just killed everyone". The ending was all touching feely. All feel goody. Fuck that noise. Kill the Batman, kill Bane, kill whoever the woman was, kill the kid in The Dark Knight that Batman gives his night vision goggles to. Kill fucking everyone. That is better cinema than the "Oh yeah, everyone is fine! Horay for us!" bullshit that this was.

Also how the hell does one escape a nuclear explosion with just seconds to eject and get away? There's no way he could have gotten far enough with so little time left on the cloak.

I don't understand why he told the catwoman person that the autopilot was broken before he took off, then just eloped with her. Why the fuck is the point in that? Oh thats right, to create another massive plot hole.

'

Edited by Foods

After watching the movie last night, I gotta say it's a good movie but is no masterpiece AT ALL. *SPOILERS AHEAD*

IMO Bane's death was too abrupt and sudden. The fact that Catwoman suddenly blew Bane away when he was gonna say some villainous line to declare batman's death is just so...weak. After all we've been through with this guy, this guy that broke the bat and proved how lethal he is in intelligence and physical strength, shouldn't his death/departure be a little more symbolic or something? The fact that Miranda Tate is the head honcho wasn't totally welcomed by me. The movie and all the trailers and so much of the talk all established that Bane is the prime villain. Then a revelation comes along to reveal that he's just a lackey with an endearing dilemma. Man... it's a damn good way to get you to the edge of your seat but it's not that surprising and felt a little anti-cliamtic. I kinda chuckled when Miranda told his and Bane's lifestroy of their time in the pit and at the end of all that talk, Batman is still just groaning in shock with a dagger in his guts.

Plot holes as mentioned are everywhere but I wasn't too bothered by it during the movie. My personal favorite is how the fuck Bruce managed to come back to Gotham from whatever god-forsaken country that pit was. Did Bane let him keep his mastercard when he shoved him into the pit? Ad then how did he cross borders into Gotham? Apparently he got handed over into the city BY THE thugs of Bane. Don't you reckon Bane would've went bonkers if he found that out. I mean I know how plot holes are common and shouldn't be so emphasized in comic book movies but I wasn't expecting this much from a Nolan film.

The editing was really dodgy. Like there's dozens of scenes that are in durations of a few seconds which are completely unnecessary. They could've saved up to 20 minutes if they gave the film more polish.

But despite what some people have said, I liked the humor in the film. Batman gives Blake a puny little bomb that does jack shit. Blake says "no offense but do you have something stronger than that? and then Batman brings the Bat and fired a massive explosive round that pummeled the rubble.

The first fight between Bane and Batman was phenomenal. So much raw emotion and brutality that really defines a harsh fight. Drama and emotion was a real highpoint in this film. Nolan did that very well.

Overall a good film and a fitting ending.I personally didn't like the cheesy dialogue nod to Robin too much but it's still did OK. I think it was one of those things WB forced on to Nolan.

Expectation is a miserable thing.

They even came out shaved

Bane was so nice to give them shaving cream. Bless him.

;)

Some people on IMDB have a theory that Batman switch Bats when he was taking the bomb. When the Bat is shown to be flying over the water with the bomb, the close up of Batman in his cockpit that followed showed shadow flickering which would suggest he's still in the city's scrapers which would cause such shadows. There was also some other scenes which showed Bats in separate locations or something that would apparently fuel this theory.

I dunno this is all just ambigious and annoying movie editing to me.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

lol Foods, you're a bitter man. Sure, the movie wasn't as airtight as it could have been but it was emotionally strong and the characters were great. I also felt the ending wrapped up very nicely, unlike the disaster Bioware made with Mass Effect 3. Both faced the question of how to provide an exist for a beloved hero at the end of an epic conflict. Nolan was smart enough to end the legend but not the man while at the same time skillfully continued the legacy by secretly introducing and developing his successor whilst that was happening. Bruce Wayne did not die young nor see himself become a villain, he found a way out and I'm glad for that.

Personally I don't see it as an action film but as an end to an action/drama series.

I think you guys are concentrating too much on the small details. It's entirely feasible for a man Batman's ability escape a country and get home undetected. It's also entirely possible that Bane never told his people Bruce Wayne was Batman, if he did then everyone would know.

And Bane wasn't a lackey. Three people rised out of the darkness of that hole: Batman, Talia al Gul and Bane and each had their different reasons and it changed them differently. It doesn't make Bane any weaker because he didn't climb out. Not having read the comics, I didn't see the final twist coming (I figured she was bad but didn't realize exactly who she was and who Bane was).

I love that beat Hans Zimmer made for the Rises theme.

It's so simple and confrontingly powerful. I'm surprised nobody came up with it before.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I've got zero expectations going into this film. So much so I'm just readiing spoilers like a mofo and may just wait for it hit pay tv....no premium pay for the movie pay tv just regular old I have pay tv so might put on a film.

Really liked Batman Begins, hated The Dark Knight, so I'm just adopting a wait and see it whenever. I am however not reading fine details, just the overarching criticisms, complaints and bitching. That way I go in expecting to hate it, and just end up enjoying it.

Way too many films over the last 10 years have been ruined for me by people over hyping them. Telling me I must see this film because I'll love it. Not thinking, "Hey, we are two different people with different tastes and desires as to what we like, so check out this film and see if you like it. No it's "OMFG DIS IS TEH BEST MOVIE EVA !!!!!! LOLZCAT TROLL FACE " .

This is a brand new strategy for me, I'm trying it for the first time with this film. I'm not the world's biggest Batman fan, but I do enjoy the character, enjoy watching different charcterisations of the idea of Batman. I love playing Arkham Asylum and City, love the power, skill and intelligence of playing a man who is just a man. No super powers, no mutant abilities, he is just everything you could be given passion, strength, and determination. And a few billion dollars play money. I want to like Batman films, I grew up watching the 60's Batman shows and loved the fuck out it. I still do. The Batman movie, one of my top 10 films of my childhood. Everytime I hear Adam West lending his voice to cartoon characters I harken back to watching him be Batman, that's why I love him.

Last comment, why the fuck does everyone hate Robin ? It's like people are jealous that first this kid, then young man gets to hang out with Batman. Learn his skills, be his protege. Why don't people think " That lucky bastard, I wish I could be him". It's not like he is a whiney little bitch, he has been characterised in many different ways over the years.

I love that beat Hans Zimmer made for the Rises theme.

It's so simple and confrontingly powerful. I'm surprised nobody came up with it before.

Hans Zimmer is the man. His work is fucking awesome. Loved his work with Inception too. So much so that when I heard one of the tracks in a trailer for Snow White and the Huntsman, I was totally pissed off. How DARE they associate awesome music like that with some POS teenie Disney remake?

Anyways, this is the best piece in the TDKR OST imo

Dey-Shey Dey-Shey Bah-Sah-rah Bah-Sah-rah

Edited by Oracle X

I personally don't hate Robin at all. He was a wonderful chap in the comics. It's just Nolan was dead set not to include Robin in his film for good reason and then we get this character built from the ground up throughout DKR to become Robin or Nightwing or whatever. The last bit of reference to Robin was a little stale and out of place in Nolan's storytelling.

WB definitely won't get such a stubborn and resilient director that knows his shit for their next Batman reboot lol.