PhR33X

Batman 3

That would *be* the point, Hec.

Also.. it would give excuse to have Morena Baccarin as Zantanna.

I seeeee.....

*rubs chin thoughtfully*

I do love Zatanna, too.

Wouldn't mind seeing Nolan take a more supernatural turn with these films.

In that case.. I want my Ra's..

Yes.

And, more importantly, Talia.

That'd set up the appearance of Damian, too!

Damian Wayne's awesome.

That there's nothing more than rumours floating around about which villains might even appear in "Batman 3", I'll put forward:

Johnny Depp - Riddler

Emily Blunt - Catwoman (that's possibly just my fantasy of her in skin-tight leather, though).

Philip Seymour Hoffman - Penguin

Angelina Jolie - Talia al Ghul

The penguin guy was on a roll in the old batman movie. i'll be hilarious if he appears in the next one although i dont think a penguin master will have the epic evil appeal as the joker. I rather prefer halle berry as catwoman but if she and Angelina comes in HUBBA HUBBA. Plus it'll be interesting seeing batman molested by evil chicks.

I never watched early on, got into it around when bro- and sis-in-law kept going on about it around S7 (they'd watched since the start, but I could never be bothered getting into another show, and I didn't really think I'd like it)... watched for 2 years then got bored.

Edited by Thylacine

I never watched early on, got into it around when bro- and sis-in-law kept going on about it around S7 (they'd watched since the start, but I could never be bothered getting into another show, and I didn't really think I'd like it)... watched for 2 years then got bored.

Tantryls the biggest fan of Smallville I know, got straight into it and bought a bunch on dvd - Everyone please do me a favour - private message him and ask him how much he loves smallville!

Tantryls the biggest fan of Smallville I know, got straight into it and bought a bunch on dvd - Everyone please do me a favour - private message him and ask him how much he loves smallville!

Die. In a fire. Or drowing in acid. While on fire.

Die. In a fire. Or drowing in acid. While on fire.

hahaha anyone pm you?

Since I seem to be talking to myself.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/...ew-Batman-movie

"The idea is to use these fragments of cut scenes and use CGI to have The Joker appear one last time," a source explained. "Chris wants some continuity between movies and for the franchise to pay tribute to Heath and his portrayal of the Joker."

Heath in the new Batman... maybe.

'

That could be interesting, although I'm struggling to see how they'll do Ledger's last performance justice by slapping together a montage of CGI and cutting-room floor remnants.

I doubt Nolan would let it come across as disingenuous if they did go with such a method of dropping the Joker in.

Given Nolan's gone on record in a number of publications saying that The Joker is definitely out, I'm filing this under "rumour".

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010...k-knight-rises/

Ignore Those Rumors: Ledger Won’t Appear In Dark Knight Rises

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 at 4:00pm

Director Christopher Nolan and his wife/producing partner Emma Thomas have shot down rumors that Heath Ledger’s Joker will appear in The Dark Knight Rises through a combination of old footage and CGI.

“I heard the rumor,” Thomas told Heat Vision. “We’re not doing that.”

Nolan said he feels the late actor’s performance should be confined to The Dark Knight. The 28-year-old Ledger died of an accidental drug overdose in January 2008 during the editing of the film, and received a posthumous Academy Award for his portrayal of Batman’s arch-nemesis.

Although rumors emerged as far back as 2008 that Nolan had saved some of Ledger’s deleted scenes for possible later use, this most recent round of speculation appears to have originated Tuesday on the entertainment websites Stuff.co.nz and Showbiz Spy. “The idea is to use these fragments of cut scenes and use CGI to have The Joker appear one last time,” Stuff quotes an unnamed source as saying. “Chris wants some continuity between movies and for the franchise to pay tribute to Heath and his portrayal of the Joker.”

Moviehole contends the original plan, before The Dark Knight script changed and certainly before Ledger’s death, was to have The Joker play a minor role in the sequel: He would’ve been the Hannibal Lecter to Batman’s Clarice Starling, assisting the Caped Crusader from behind bars in his pursuit of Two-Face.

Well, there you go.

Moviehole contends the original plan, before The Dark Knight script changed and certainly before Ledger’s death, was to have The Joker play a minor role in the sequel: He would’ve been the Hannibal Lecter to Batman’s Clarice Starling, assisting the Caped Crusader from behind bars in his pursuit of Two-Face.

Well, there you go.

So its Two-Face then?

'

Well, there you go.

So its Two-Face then?

'

I don't think so, Tim.

Well, there you go.

So its Two-Face then?

'

My "Well, there you go" was more in relation to The Joker being definitely out of "Dark Knight Rises".

I'm pretty sure that Moviehole's suggestion that B3 was to be a reprise of Two-face/Joker was just that; a suggestion.

EDIT: Beaten by Tak. Those welts will take a while to go down, too.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

Looks like Jimmy had it from the get go with Bane...and was poopooed. How wrong we all were.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30413

Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle In "Dark Knight Rises"

by Kiel Phegley, News Editor

Posted: 3 hours ago

Ending what seems to have been a wide-ranging search for his next female lead, director Christopher Nolan today announced that Anne Hathaway would play Selina Kyle in the upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises." Hathaway will join returning star Christian Bale and a host of other cast members from Nolan's previous DC Comics adaptations for Warner Bros. along with newcomer to the franchise Tom Hardy who was revealed to be on tap as the villain Bane.

Hathaway won out the coveted role of the future Catwoman over a list of actresses rumored to include Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley. Her most recent feature was last year's "Love And Other Drugs," and at present the news does not confirm whether she'll appear in the iconic leather outfit of Batman's feline foe or simply represent an earlier version of the comic anti-heroine.

Long known to be part of the "Rises" cast, Hardy became one of Nolan's more favored collaborators after appearing the director's smash hit "Inception" though this is the first time it's been known that he'll play super-powered steroid villain Bane. That character has been portrayed on film before in Joel Schumacher's "Batman & Robin" as a cartoonish thug, but considering the tone of Nolan's previous superhero efforts, it may be safe to assume that this Bane will more closely resemble the mastermind of comic stories like "Knightfall" where Bruce Wayne's spirit and spine were broken by the villain.

"The Dark Knight Rises" will be the third and final entry in Nolan's Batman saga and is promising a number of returning faces to the fray outside the lead hero.

For more on this news, keep your eyes peeled to CBR and Spinoff Online, and see the official release below.

Official Press Release.

BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Anne Hathaway = Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Tom Hardy = Bane

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

/me subtlety and quietly does a victory dance

now to avoid trailers and wait for a year for the damn thing to come out :P

Ha ha!

I can't do the whole "media blackout" thing.

I'm one of those people that *needs* to know NOW!

If there's spoiler tags around something, I HAVE to read it.

Ha ha!

I can't do the whole "media blackout" thing.

I'm one of those people that *needs* to know NOW!

If there's spoiler tags around something, I HAVE to read it.

Brothers from another mother... totally the same. If spoilers really upset me I probably wouldn't do it, but I can't not read them either.

Anne Hathaway as Selina = me quivering. She makes me tingly...