neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

I think Protoss are often chosen, because if you are a mediocre player and they don't harass hard enough, you have the edge.

People don't like feeding the protoss meat-grinder, but at the same time, small losses and harassment to a protoss player cost them dearly in teching.

If they go pure-tech early, and they are stupid, you can end it pretty quickly.

If they wall in with proton cannons, then you just expand.

Shit yeah, terran nerf! =D

Now I have internet at the new house, I might actually be able to play

I allowed a guy last night to tech to carriers and a mothership... My marauders were virtually useless and the marines got creamed. MUST SCOUT MORE!!!

But I have broken into the top 25 of my bronze league :p

I allowed a guy last night to tech to carriers and a mothership... My marauders were virtually useless and the marines got creamed. MUST SCOUT MORE!!!

Don't bother leaving bronze league, once you get to platinum and diamond it's all 4 gate pushes, rushes and most games finish in the first 10 minutes. Boring as hell!

Macro games for the win!

Don't bother leaving bronze league, once you get to platinum and diamond it's all 4 gate pushes, rushes and most games finish in the first 10 minutes. Boring as hell!

Macro games for the win!

Before I took a break from SC2, I was in I think #1 in 2on2 division of bronze and #3 in 1on1 division in bronze, it was just right for my skill there, playing mostly against high silvers and golds, then occasionally get stomped by a 2000 plat or diamond matched to me :/

Macro games for the win!

Before I took a break from SC2, I was in I think #1 in 2on2 division of bronze and #3 in 1on1 division in bronze, it was just right for my skill there, playing mostly against high silvers and golds, then occasionally get stomped by a 2000 plat or diamond matched to me :/

Yea it's strange like that.

Me and my mate are in Gold 2v2 and, no joke, we only play against Platinum and Diamond people. I can't remember the last time we played against a gold opponent. Considering they are always Favoured or Slightly Favoured it works out well as we keep a decent 50% win ratio; so when we loose we get maybe -2 or -3 points and when we win we get +30 to 40 points.

Yay top 20 in Bronze (20th :p) - another 900 points before the ladder resets to get top 8 - not likely as the ladder resets tomorrow morning!

Yay top 20 in Bronze (20th :p) - another 900 points before the ladder resets to get top 8 - not likely as the ladder resets tomorrow morning!

Grats mate well done! Top bronze is actually quite good. I've played some people in bronze who have really given me a run for my money!

I think i'm sitting at 44th in Gold league 1v1, but i've only played 40ish games.

We had a great night in 3v3 actually. We got drafted into silver league and Bnet has been throwing high end platinum and diamond players at us for some reason. 5 wins in a row worth +40ish points each =D. We got drafted against a team who are 2nd in their Diamond league and we owned them lol. I'm pretty sure we would have been promoted had promotions been open now.

Edited by smakme7757

Hehe, I was #1 in 2on2 and 1on1 bronze divisions I think, I stopped playing for roughly 6 weeks, now I suck hardcore haha.

So funny yet so frustrating .

I finish my build then just fall apart late game with rubbish unit composition and no map control and im zerg :/

Moar practice!

I laddered some more last night beating rank 1 or 2 bronze players and the last match was against a silver which I won.

Also had my first stalemate (tie) last night.

Finished the season in 17th - needed an extra 755 points for top eight :/

Good thing is, I am winning more matches than I am losing, so I might be getting a promotion some time soon hopefully if I can keep it going.

i havent played for ages but the wierdest thing happened when i did...i was in bronze league and couldnt string together 5 wins in a row, got onto a string of losses cause bnet kept putting me up against silver or gold even. I kept losing then i got promoted to silver??????? lol. strangest thing.

Was that today? It may have been due to the ladder reset today.

na, thats going back a month or 2, feels like ages. I've tried to go back a couple of times since but am rubbish now (not that i was any good to start with, ha ha).

used to really like the zerg, running around with a swarm of zerglings harrassing the expansions - nothing better :)

I stopped playing MP about a month after release, I got sick of defending against the same old tactics, there was no variation.

Admittedly, this was in the learning stage for most players, so I should go back to it.

Horror run last night, went 0-5 initially and lost all my points and top 8 ranking :s

I know where I went wrong a couple of times.

- I scanned a Void Ray rush and decided to expand! Stupid!

- My macro was really off in a couple of games early

- late expos coupled with late push into meat grinder defence

Finished off with 3 wins in a row before bed to end up 4-6 for the night

- Defeated 6 pool on Xel'Naga and crushed him with Battle Cruisers for laughs

- 3 Rax rush against Protoss on one of the newer maps

- Marine/Marauder drop on main on Shak

Currently 10-13 record so far for the new season sitting in the top 25.

Also, I highly recommend SC2Gears for stat tracking as well - lots of useful on your match ups and build orders.

Edited by neX

I would like to say that I have been playing SC2 and I have but only the NA server. There is just sooooooo many people to play against so that's why I haven't been on the SEA server

Just had my first Starcraft experience ever. Saying that it is a polished game would be a massive understatement. I love RTS almost above every other genra ans SC2 has just blown me away, and I'm only 5 or 6 missions in. Everything just feels right and works the way I'd want it to. I do something with a unit and while I'm thinking "I wonder if I need to ....." the game just does it for me. I can kinda see where all the time went with this one. If Diablo 3 is anywhere near the level of quality of SC2 then we are going to be in for a treat. Can't wait to get online once I have some serious practice under my belt.

I would suggest playing Brutal for the campaign - it will help with multiplayer. And also play the AI on Very Hard and and Insane (for cheese builds).

I would suggest playing Brutal for the campaign - it will help with multiplayer. And also play the AI on Very Hard and and Insane (for cheese builds).

Yeah that should get you on the right track.

Just had my first Starcraft experience ever. Saying that it is a polished game would be a massive understatement. If Diablo 3 is anywhere near the level of quality of SC2 then we are going to be in for a treat. Can't wait to get online once I have some serious practice under my belt.

Gotta love Blizzard when it comes to game making integrity. They're an unique and wonderful company for it. I'm pretty sure I'll get Diablo 3 as i had very fond memories of Diablo 2.

They changed the game interface a fair bit. Now there's seasons for league.

Edited by mr.twinkie

well, following on from my comments above, i've picked starcraft2 up again. after about maybe 10 games in the last couple of days after picking it up again i won maybe 2 games. Got demoted to bronze and feeling much better about that. Still don't know why bnet decided to push me to silver in the first place but anyways... looks like things have settled down in 1v1 a bit. not so many people cheesing it. that said, there still seems alot of people who play protoss. i reckon maybe 7 of the 10 games were against protoss. I always go zerg though so i don't blame people for choosing a team and sticking with it.