Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

well, following on from my comments above, i've picked starcraft2 up again. after about maybe 10 games in the last couple of days after picking it up again i won maybe 2 games. Got demoted to bronze and feeling much better about that. Still don't know why bnet decided to push me to silver in the first place but anyways... looks like things have settled down in 1v1 a bit. not so many people cheesing it. that said, there still seems alot of people who play protoss. i reckon maybe 7 of the 10 games were against protoss. I always go zerg though so i don't blame people for choosing a team and sticking with it.

I wonder what happens if you six pool.

Play custom 1v1 if you want a less stressing experience. Although whenever i go there i meet diamonds ALOT. But i actually owned one before....somehow.

Edited by mr.twinkie

i really hate the cheesy builds like the 6 pool. i mean yeah i've done it before but it feels like a pretty hollow victory. I hate how the zerg have a reputation for the 6 pool now, like its the only thing that zerg players do.

sadly (and this could be that i'm really not very good at the pvp) the protoss seem alot stronger from about the 6 minute mark onward. terran and zerg seem more balanced to me. The protoss overpowerness promotes the 6 pool attitude when playing against protoss (not that i do it anyway).

I haven't played league since the first month of release, way too repeptitive, in the end it's just who can hotkey the same unit builds faster.

The games I play with mates are much more interesting because we have a rule about using unconvential means to get victory.

Edited by King_Of_The_Mountain

The games I play with mates are much more interesting because we have a rule about using unconvential means to get victory.

that sounds hard :( do tell

i gotta admit that i haven't played a normal game in ages because my butt gets owned by micromanagement and so I resort to the brainless "marine arena" custom game as a means of fun. it is pretty addictive.

i gotta admit that i haven't played a normal game in ages because my butt gets owned by micromanagement and so I resort to the brainless "marine arena" custom game as a means of fun. it is pretty addictive.

Im the same, I dont play the game against ppl much just the join games and play marine arena, nexus wars, special forces and so on. I find that no matter how hard I try I just cant micro fast enough or I get rushed/medical ship marine marauder owned so the ladder bizo means nothing to me.

Im the same, I dont play the game against ppl much just the join games and play marine arena, nexus wars, special forces and so on. I find that no matter how hard I try I just cant micro fast enough or I get rushed/medical ship marine marauder owned so the ladder bizo means nothing to me.

Yeah Starcraft 2 is tough. Even a pro will suck quite a bit if he hasn't played for a month. Dedication is a virtue. Its like a constant HSC with ZERGLINGS.

Terran is still pretty obscene:/

I decided to play as Terran online, won more games than I lost and I've never really used them, also I was working half as hard as I do with zerg, and wiped everyone out off 1 base :/

early into a game I had 2 seige tanks, 10 marines and 2 medivacs, I wiped out a whole zerg offensive :/

So easy, no fucking wonder people use terran, also step micro is uber

Terran is still pretty obscene:/

I decided to play as Terran online, won more games than I lost and I've never really used them, also I was working half as hard as I do with zerg, and wiped everyone out off 1 base :/

early into a game I had 2 seige tanks, 10 marines and 2 medivacs, I wiped out a whole zerg offensive :/

So easy, no fucking wonder people use terran, also step micro is uber

I reckon protoss is pretty easy as well. They just don't require that much labor out of ya to get a decent force and get it working. Folks at Team Liquid say you can fourgate your way to Diamond bloody hell.... Pretty darn easy. My beloved zerg minions bitch about those pesky protoss all day long. Edited by mr.twinkie

Fucking awesome game! I had a few AI 1 on 1 battles last night on very hard and got pwned, HARD. lol. Little scared about what it's going to be like online, I'm going to get raped in the most violent of fashions, I can feel it.

Fucking awesome game! I had a few AI 1 on 1 battles last night on very hard and got pwned, HARD. lol. Little scared about what it's going to be like online, I'm going to get raped in the most violent of fashions, I can feel it.

Bots tend to rush and cheese ya from what i remember 2 patches ago. Exploit their Rambo style and you're good. Very Hard i can beat but Insane is just disturbing. They should just make an AI difficulty called KOREAN. Edited by mr.twinkie

As an example, last game we played I used various groups of archons I had warped over the field with a mothership to cloak them, Archons are too big too ball so an attack on all sides was necassary, mass warp gates help get the HT's uot fast and then it's a short time until they are archons, if you distract them long enough you can get away with it. Rion (one of the opponents) used marines only, quite effective so I left some HT's as HT's to bolt them.

Good fun, we had a match where Rion used mass ravens to ground cannon my zergling/corruptor army into submission.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03...world-stage.ars

Interesting article on ARStechnica about the SC pro scene - it's got a few errors highlighted in the article comments, but is still a good read for anyone interested in that side of the game.

Bots tend to rush and cheese ya from what i remember 2 patches ago. Exploit their Rambo style and you're good. Very Hard i can beat but Insane is just disturbing. They should just make an AI difficulty called KOREAN.

IIRC the Insane AI get a resource boost too, they get 7 minerals when they mine 5 (without reducing the crystals by the extra amount) and 6 vespene each trip as well. So basically you need to be 1.5 bases to every 1 of theirs just to keep up economically >.<

IIRC the Insane AI get a resource boost too, they get 7 minerals when they mine 5 (without reducing the crystals by the extra amount) and 6 vespene each trip as well. So basically you need to be 1.5 bases to every 1 of theirs just to keep up economically >.<

I haven't been able to beat insane AI without some form of cheese / rush.

Yep the Insane AI has mining boosts and map hacks - essentially it cheats. A macro game with Insane AI is next to impossible. Best to use the Spine Crawler rush in ZvZ or Bunker Rush for Tv* or Cannon Rush for Pv*. Examples on my site siliconsports.net > youtube.

Also, part 3 in my Laddering project is up on my site: http://siliconsports.net/2011/04/snakes-and-ladders/

Hope to see you guys on SEA sometime!

a mod for sc2 that recreates the sc1 missions

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/sc1-episode...age=17#comments

seems good but i miss the cinematics

although a update was supposed to link the maps so you can continue from one to the next its not working for me so i just have to manually load the next map

bigpond has it http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/

there is 3 files two lots of maps for terran\zerg and a mod file

no protos yet

Starcraft: Episode I - Rebel Yell

Features

all 10 original missions + the tutorial

original SC1 units and structures with original stats, including custom models

original SC1 Terran soundtrack

all the dialogue, voice acting & other miscellaneous text from the original campaign

custom classic decals, such as Alpha Squadron, Sons of Korhal etc.

Starcraft: Episode II - Overmind

Features

all 10 original missions

original SC1 units and structures with original stats, including custom models

original SC1 Zerg soundtrack

all the dialogue, voice acting & other miscellaneous text from the original campaign

Lava flow is a excellant map to vs insane A.I. opponents (and the easiest way to get the insane FFA ach while your at it),

play terran, on start, take either the top left or bottom right islands, then take the other island asap,

turtle up some defenses, like 4 rows of missle turrets, keep a small army on each island, just keep repairing/rebuilding turrests as they are destroyed, once

the insane AI has mined all the minerals up, it stops producings units, then its just a matter of wiping out all his mini bases and buildings around the map

while dodgying his armry, then you can slowly wear him down till nothings left and you win.

painfully long strat, but it works 6/10 times vs insane terran/zerg, vs protoss is more 50/50 chance of winning/losing

Or you could play Burning tide as a custom game and mine minerals for an easy win in about 12 game minutes - easiest way to get the insane achievements - but fkn BORING! Mix in some cheese, the above and burning tide to break up the monotony!

Or you could play Burning tide as a custom game and mine minerals for an easy win in about 12 game minutes - easiest way to get the insane achievements - but fkn BORING! Mix in some cheese, the above and burning tide to break up the monotony!

you can get this Insane FFA achievement (against 7 FFA insane AI) on a 6player map O_o

Posted Image

and haha finially got it on my account.... 2hr28min battle.. last insane AI standing was protoss, damn they are insane

and haha finially got it on my account.... 2hr28min battle.. last insane AI standing was protoss, damn they are insane

Grats! Think it took about an hour for me. Still have the replay somewhere.

Nice post, I've been playing 2v2 with my roomie and sea must be running out of players, we're roughly winning 50% and almost every opponent is plat or diamond, while we're top bronze :/

I was mid level Silver last season in 2v2 Random Teams. Just concentrating on 1v1 this season. Thanks for reading the post!