neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

haha you guys must be 10x better then me, last season i was hovering between 99-103 spot in the bronze 1v1 league, around 60-65 spot for 2v2 and 3v3 silver (im the

weakest link in my group as you can tell :( ) hehe :D.

havent bothered playing any games this season, been to busy with tafe and work

I've been playing only terran.

Such a walk in the park, noone can rush you, noone can kill your tier 1 units if you have medivacs, drops are awesome, wtf scan, planetary fortress roflwaffle. also stim is so op.

Yep so easy, fuck knows why I broke my fingers trying to macro zerg when you can do half the work to get twice the firepower as terran.

sweet!

Lava flow is a excellant map to vs insane A.I. opponents (and the easiest way to get the insane FFA ach while your at it),

play terran, on start, take either the top left or bottom right islands, then take the other island asap,

turtle up some defenses, like 4 rows of missle turrets, keep a small army on each island, just keep repairing/rebuilding turrests as they are destroyed, once

the insane AI has mined all the minerals up, it stops producings units, then its just a matter of wiping out all his mini bases and buildings around the map

while dodgying his armry, then you can slowly wear him down till nothings left and you win.

painfully long strat, but it works 6/10 times vs insane terran/zerg, vs protoss is more 50/50 chance of winning/losing

thats exactly how i did it, mass battle cruiser army ftw

Chronoboosted zealots training faster then a marine in early game really does make me shudder.

I dont think the chronoboost would be a very wise action to be used on a zealot rather than on warp gate research when a marine can easily out micro a zealot. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Lava flow is a excellant map to vs insane A.I. opponents (and the easiest way to get the insane FFA ach while your at it),

play terran, on start, take either the top left or bottom right islands, then take the other island asap,

turtle up some defenses, like 4 rows of missle turrets, keep a small army on each island, just keep repairing/rebuilding turrests as they are destroyed, once

the insane AI has mined all the minerals up, it stops producings units, then its just a matter of wiping out all his mini bases and buildings around the map

while dodgying his armry, then you can slowly wear him down till nothings left and you win.

painfully long strat, but it works 6/10 times vs insane terran/zerg, vs protoss is more 50/50 chance of winning/losing

thats exactly how i did it, mass battle cruiser army ftw

Hey i finished that, got no achievement but i did get a missing menu in the star2 main menu after the game was over. just a frame with nothing in it showing that battle cruiser flying off to wonderland. Any idea why? Does saving in game make you not get achievement i don't know.. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I'm glad the pylon range got the nerf bat with that change.

Yeah whats up with that?

Toss could have a pylon within warp distance of high ground but outside range of Marines/Marauders etc. So this means they have to risk it a bit more.

I'm not sure about the changes to 4gate...should make PvP more interesting but for PvZ and PvT it'll create some interesting challenges. I do like that they're trying to force players to adapt their strategies, rather than just getting stuck in the same ol' 4gate rut.

Crota gives a fantastic analysis of the new patch and some predictions for what it'll mean, worth listening to:

Using proxygate, or non-gate rush is more risky/allin than a warp-rush, I like it.

Protoss have been a bit too safe with early game lately. (not 6 pool early, but you know what I mean)

Using proxygate, or non-gate rush is more risky/allin than a warp-rush, I like it.

Protoss have been a bit too safe with early game lately. (not 6 pool early, but you know what I mean)

Yeah it makes Protoss more simple than the rest and that's why so many people play toss these days.

Actually i wouldn't mind letting Four gates continue being a bitch. For the record.

They're a good thing to train on. Especially for us zerg brothers.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Patch 1.3.3 has been released on the SEA network with some notable omissions from the patch seen on the NA PTR server.

The gateway unit build times remain the same except for the sentry, but the warp gate research time increase remains.

The bunker salvage cost of 75% is also part of the live patch as is the Thor energy.

Infestors speed has been decreased and the root time for spore crawlers has also been dropped to 6 seconds.

Check out the patch notes here: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.3

Hitler wanting to try zerg... maybe that's why he lost the war. :D

Queens will wank before any zerg bretheren would let Hitler in their ranks.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Haha, I love those hitler vids.

Really sad to see the buff to gateway units removed...though I guess chrono'd Zealots in the same time as a Marine is pretty scary in terms of balance. Be really interesting to see how the delayed warpgate plays out, I imagine we're gonna see a bit more passivity from Protoss early game...

Was 1.3.3 supposed to affect the build time of the non sentry gateway units? I think I may have heard this perhaps from Crota's release notes video, but can't see anywhere in the release notes that this actually happened...?

The Crota vid was for the test realm where they try out the balance changes, the latest patch notes are for the live patch that everyone's now on. So the build time of gateway units is unchanged (except the sentry that comes a bit quicker).

The only gateway unit affected was the sentry - all other units build times remained the same.