neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

I love StarCraft 2 and I still can't forget the excitement this game has brought. It was one of the PC games I was dying to play with before and I still got my CD installer with me.

We've all been there :p

Must play SC2 when not playing D3!

Grats that's a good effort!

I also wouldn't say you're the king of the bads. The skill in the SC2 commnity is actually quite good. Most of the players who were terrible have most likely stopped playing multiplayer due to it being so difficult to learn. So we're left with decent players in all leagues. The biggest difference between say, you in Bronze league, and a Gold league player would most likely be your ability to macro and transition during a game. Then the difference between Gold and Diamond is most likely reading in game signes and builds (Like does he have 1 or 2 gasses?, did he scout me?, did i see a reactor or tech lab?)

Then you have gold to GrandMaster where the GM will combine all of the above with very good multitasking and a high APM.

haha ive actually been playing for a while, if ya look at the career for my 1v1 is goes platinum in season 1 to gold, to silver and now to bronze haha. I am in top 8 silver now tho atm but you are right about there not being many bads playing anymore. I had lots of my success in older seasons from people not knowing how to defend against the zerg rush, its comon knowledge now tho haha.

The ladder is strange now, I have screenshots of when i was in bronze and beat a plat player and only got points for "equal match"

There's a hidden skill rating independent of what league remember.

Which server do you play?

I found gold on our server was harder than gold on USA server, easily

SEA = South East Asia, Australia & New Zealand

NA = North America South America & SEA (SEA has access to both the NA & SEA servers)

KR = Korea & Taiwan

EU = Europe

I am Silver on SEA but Platinum on NA. NA has a much larger pool and therefore makes it easier to have a higher rank. SEA is more concentrated and flooded with Zerg so it makes it quite difficult. Korea are just too Gosu.

This game from QuanticIllusion vs ComplexityGanZi at the Red Bull LAN.... so good. Not very often do I enjoy TvT but this game was great!

Pretty awesome game plan for TvT - really hurts the early expand (command center first).

Will be playing more SC2 now that the 7th Season lock is in place - must use my 303 bonus pool!

Hadn't played SC2 in about four months decided to do my placements in both US & SEA just before the season lock...

SEA - placed Gold, yep about what i expected... when I was playing a lot i was generally high-silver/low gold.

US - placed in Diamond...

wat

the

:S

Yeah it's how it goes, my room mate was gold in sea and diamond in us,

Masses more noobs over there

Well i decided to stop playing SC2 for this season. I rounded 100 wins for the season and feel that that's good enough. Top 25 gold in a fast movnig division isn't to bad at all. The guy in No.1 place has like 950 points, so i can't be bothered to try to catch him lol.

Going to bump this thread as I just started playing SC2 online about a week ago. Starcraft/BW was one of my favourite games of all time, I never played 1v1 much but I played a lot of UMS and games with friends. I wouldn't say I was good, or even decent.. but I enjoyed it. The campaign was great too. I played a bit of SC2 beta when it came out, not much, then when it was finally released I played about 5 games or so and for some reason lost interest, can't remember what it was now that took my focus.

Anyway just over a week ago I decided to get back into it. I started off playing a few computers, managed to beat medium, the hard, then very hard, then insane, then I finished getting gold on all the challenges (which I started about 2 years ago when it came out). After that, I thought it was time to jump online and get into some 1v1's which is where my focus is going to be.

I've played about 25 games over the last week and surprisingly I've moved from Bronze where I qualified up to the top 8 of gold, now I am a bit nervous about playing against gold/platinum players as they are usually the ones who beat me. I have decided to play as Zerg as I think they are the most fun, and I have no idea how to play Terran or Protoss.

If anyone is still playing let me know maybe we can have a few practise games :) I still consider myself pretty noob but somehow I am able to win games lol.

Edit: Pretty sure this is me.. Exan#891

Edited by p0is0n

I still play... alot! Add me in game: FaDerezyn#391

Also, check out sc2sea.com for all StarCraft happenings in the SEA community (tournaments, events, news, etc). And if you are in Melbourne- check out my site siliconsports.net for details about BarCraft and the tournaments we run.

I still play... alot! Add me in game: FaDerezyn#391

Also, check out sc2sea.com for all StarCraft happenings in the SEA community (tournaments, events, news, etc). And if you are in Melbourne- check out my site siliconsports.net for details about BarCraft and the tournaments we run.

Cool I will add you tonight, I also saw they run tourneys on sc2sea so I am keen for that. Might sign up for a few when I have some confidence.

Looks like a really informative site.

I'm in Perth not Melb, but will have a look at your site anyway. Thanks.

i wish i could keep playing, i swear sc2 is the most stressful multiplayer game ever invented, i cant just relax and play a 1v1 or whatever

I just used the recently available name change - new id is rezyn#258 if you haven't added me yet.

For those of you who still play - I am running a tournament next Wednesday (Jan 30) from 7pm which is open to all leagues. Full details and registration can be found at http://siliconsports.net/cup. Hope you can make it!

Posted Image

I actually tried to relax while playing 1v1 but I lost way too often. Simple mistakes can cost you the game. So you really have to be switched on.

I usually lay 10 to 20 games a week stil, most of which are played on a Saturday night.