neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

I think it's awesome both Multiplayer and Single player, but you will also find people who think the opposite. See if you can get your hands on a trial code and give it a go.

Put it this way; if you really enjoyed Starcraft then you will love Starcraft 2.

I never played Starcraft. I am enjoying the campaign at the moment. I'm playing each level on easy, normal, then hard before I move on.

I kind like its simplicity in that there's no complicated things to think about like recent RTS games. You just build shit, and send it off into battle ;) Sort of reminds me of Dark Reign, I loved that game.

Now, does anyone know how to force this game to open on my secondary monitor? I've tried dragging it across in windowed mode, then going back to fullscreen, but it flicks back to my primary monitor.

game is single monitor only.

Well I got through the first 3 levels on casual (the easiest) and the game crashed out when I was near to the end of level 4. Seems to dislike the alt+tab which is a shame oh well.

Really enjoying the game after watching high level online play for ages its nice to finally move some marines around and shoot some stuff. I have had a bit of trouble with getting my units and SCV's all mixed up and having to pick bits out and movie the screen around drives me a bit mad but its fun. Lots of fun!

Now, does anyone know how to force this game to open on my secondary monitor? I've tried dragging it across in windowed mode, then going back to fullscreen, but it flicks back to my primary monitor.

As is almost every other game out there. But usually there's a way to force it to open on a particular screen. I don't want it open on both screens, just not on my primary.

As is almost every other game out there. But usually there's a way to force it to open on a particular screen. I don't want it open on both screens, just not on my primary.

You are running the game in Fullscreen, it will goto the primary monitor, that is what all games do when in fullscreen.

If you run in windowed you can run it on what ever monitor you want.

I haven't tried windowed (fullscreen) on another monitor than primary.

You could try editing the config file for the game, i recall there being some X and Y info in there, no idea if this'll allow it to be moved to another monitor when in fullscreen.

You could try editing the config file for the game, i recall there being some X and Y info in there, no idea if this'll allow it to be moved to another monitor when in fullscreen.

That's probably the res

attempting to put SC2 onto my eeepc :P

Tried copying the files off the dvd onto a memory stick and installing it via that, but it didn't work.

Making a dvd iso now....

Tried copying the files off the dvd onto a memory stick and installing it via that, but it didn't work.

Making a dvd iso now....

Firstly, it probably won't run on your eeepc (it barely runs on my N10JC which has a GF9300m). Secondly, you could just download the install client from blizzard's website.

I must have been struck with the silly stick

but where can i get the information needed to give you guys my details?

goto Add a friend, there should be a number in there you will need to give others.

Making a dvd iso now....

Firstly, it probably won't run on your eeepc (it barely runs on my N10JC which has a GF9300m). Secondly, you could just download the install client from blizzard's website.

Yeah, I still wanna see it go :P

Installing from an iso gave me an error (not enough disk space or something).

Downloading the game client now.

Making a dvd iso now....

Yeah, I still wanna see it go :P

Installing from an iso gave me an error (not enough disk space or something).

Downloading the game client now.

Might want to check the drive you've saving/installing to is NTFS not Fat32. The client download (indeed the ISO) will fuck out due to file size restrictions of fat32.

I am thinking of going to the shop today and buying this game, ive played SC1 a bit for about 3 minutes, but never got into it. I am more interested in the single player campaign, is it any good and how many hours can i expect to get out of the single player campaign?

The trailer looks great :) but whats the game like?

also since i am on metered broadband, how large are the patches it installs before you can play?

cheers

I ordered the game a few months ago and finally picked it up on Thursday. Loaded it into the PC, did all the registering crap (yawn) and then it started. FUCK YEAH!!!! I was so happy that I finally had it going and then started the missions. Playing with all the setting on full is fantastic and the eye candy is amazing. Sure the first few missions are easy but shit man I just enjoyed it for the graffix as I know that when the missions get harder there wont be any time for eye candy. The only bad part of the game is the country music as I hate country but I can look past it because the game is so good.

Cheers

Well the SP is great - plenty of replayability - great immersive story - great interaction between missions.

Its a definite winner in my book - I had my fill of MP but it doesn't interest me at this stage as the SP and Challenges are fantastic!

Bought it from EB games today (last copy), got them to price match Dick Smith (who had sold out) although i get home and i can't install it >:(

Similar errors all the time after 20 odd attempts about how it can't find a file or how it cant extract a file to install. I click the support button in the installed and get a 404 webpage & looking elsewhere on official SC2 Forums there doesn't seem to be a fix aside from downloading it.

contemplating returning it although they might not because of the battle.net link with the CD key =[......this same sort of shit happened with the last game i bought too, L4D. I'm so fucking sick of paying good money for it not to work, then the tech supports solution is "download it via our servers" I'm capped at the moment and when i'm not a 12gig download won't go down well unfortunately.

cool, just bought it, (price matched for 69 smacka-roos) so any idea on how much it downloads before your allowed to play??

fruck!!! a 12GB download... thats my cap gone for 2 months....

Edited by Vanne