neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Why on earth do people with such woefully small quotas buy digital versions? I honestly can't recall the last digital download I bought that was under 8-10gigs.

grrr hey guys does anyone know of any stores in sydney where starcraft is in stock? went to local DSE, EB and big W, all sold out.

The chick at DSE told me there was a "national shortage" and there wont be any stock in any stores until 20th-ish next month :(

any news?

sweet, i added aza, but no joy on Nex.. says no such playa.

Did you add me as rezyn 772?

grrr hey guys does anyone know of any stores in sydney where starcraft is in stock? went to local DSE, EB and big W, all sold out.

The chick at DSE told me there was a "national shortage" and there wont be any stock in any stores until 20th-ish next month :(

any news?

I call bullshit on the chick at DSE - there are two JB Hifis, an EB, a Kmart, a Target, a GAME, a DSE as well as DJs and Myer across the road from my place. All of which have stock, and plenty of it - I hunted around before I bought, so I could be uber tightassed.

Mate, SA adelaide has stacks and freaking stacks of copies all over the joint...

good luck tracking a copy down :) hope you get some and join in :)

Ive just been playing through the first 3 missions (SP) and i like it, not greatest game ever, so far, but good, solid game. Having not sat through SC1, iam now actually wondering if i should quit and play through SC1 and its expansion first...

had a couple of issues trying to get offline play going, but ive only been able to do so, by starting with net plugged in, then pullin the pin once its going.

any ideas on the SC1 idea?

Also, just thought id add my opinion on the hardware req side of things.. I by no means have a slouch of a box, and have everything turned up to the max, but iam getting some slowdown when for example the Zerg are all over the screen. I think the game engine looks like the WC3 engine needs work as iam close to double the recommended specs and it aint running as smooth as it could id recon.

also, i love the redneck aspect of the game, love the bar :) <-- you know what i mean :)

Edited by Vanne

FUCK! this games online is impossible. I have won 1 game out of like 10. Everyone just seems way too good. I'm beginning to hate it.

FUCK! this games online is impossible. I have won 1 game out of like 10. Everyone just seems way too good. I'm beginning to hate it.

Play some 3v3's. It's a bit easier as you will most likely get 2 players that are better than you and you can watch what they do. I'm pretty good at multiplayer, but i still made sure i was put down in bronze league! I have a win ratio of 50% there which suits me just fine. Bronze league is more than hard enoguh for me lol

I also finished the campaign today, but the ending left a lot to be desired. I was actually fucking disappointed as to how crap the end video was! Still a great campaign though really immersive!

hmm, just did a little research into some techniques. I just one 3 games in a row so I think they are working.

yeah best thing i can reccommend is watching afew replays of games with the race you want to play as and watch the order they build in and when they do certin tech advancements.

this guys vids are worth watching as well if you want to learn abit more.

Anyone fried their GPU yet? ;P

I don't see how you could considering how dated it looks and runs. Runs on a bloody net book.

I don't see how you could considering how dated it looks and runs. Runs on a bloody net book.

I think he was talking about this article on FUD

http://www.fudzilla.com/games/games/blizza...ware-ate-my-gpu

Blizzard has admitted that its latest Starcraft II game has a bug which can cause a GPU to go into meltdown.

The game's menu screens aren't framerate-limited which means that if the computer has nothing else to do the graphics hardware gets bored and starts to render the screens. This sounds like a good thing but actually causes overheating problems for the card.

The good news is that it is a doodle to fix. If you go into "Documents\StarCraft II Beta\variables.txt" "Documents\StarCraft II\variables.txt" file and add in the lines frameratecapglue=30 and frameratecap=60 everything goes much better.

It is strange that while Blizzard have admitted that there is a problem, it has not really notified people about it. Still it is nice to have a fix and if your GPU has not melted down to China you can probably give it a go.

The comments below the article pretty much explain it all.

Runs on a netbook only if it is ION based, at the bare minimum FPS, on the lowest settings, and still chugs like a bitch. I think it looks pretty decent for what it is - an RTS.

whats with everyone putting down the graphics i was quite satisfied with the visual quality. i mean lets face it, its not crisis but everything seems smooth didn't get any fuzz on the outline of models.

but then again i have everything turned to ultra.

I've had the gpu thing.

After about 5-6 maps the gpu shits itself form overheating and my PC shuts down.

Might have to play with the settings.

My XFX 5770 has no problems with the graphics and everything is on Ultra. The hottest I've seen it is 56C and the fan makes a bit of noise but thats all, mind you the HAF 932 blows a shit load of air through the case which probably helps.

I was quite impressed with the graphics, but I really wonder what people were expecting from an RTS?? It's a genre that really doesn't push graphics seeing as there is only so much detail you can put into units from a bird eyes view. I do wonder though if it will still be decent in 3 years time when the last expansion is released.

Gpu overheating on SC2 menu screens is funny as.

there is something wrong with either your graphics card, or its cooling, or even your case cooling.

Did anyone have fraps fps meter turned on for the game FEAR years back?

it hit 2500-3300 FPS on the menu screen..... and temps never got hotter then playing normally in-game.

Also never heard of GPUs overheating back then either (specific to running FEAR's menu screens)....

ill be getting SC2 on Wednesday or Thursday, will be interesting to see if affects me, my bet is that it wont,

if i can run crysis @ 1650x1050 @ max settings and 4xAA with my 4890 OC'd to 980mhz core @ 1.4v without

coming close to overheating, SC2 shouldnt be any dramas.

Well, truth be told, the cooling on my twin gigabyte 4850 is an epic display of poor design in airflow. ALthough I only cleaned it last month, it could be due another compressed air blast.

If anyone is curious why BigW doesn't have many copies of SC2, I heard from a reasonably reliable source that ActiBlizz only gave them 4 copies per store country wide because they broke street release date on Wrath of the Lich King.

Don't mess with the Blizz.