neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

oh my lol only four copies? hmm and i called up another .. store place, with big w and DSE, both out of stock ughh :(

Well, truth be told, the cooling on my twin gigabyte 4850 is an epic display of poor design in airflow. ALthough I only cleaned it last month, it could be due another compressed air blast.

If anyone is curious why BigW doesn't have many copies of SC2, I heard from a reasonably reliable source that ActiBlizz only gave them 4 copies per store country wide because they broke street release date on Wrath of the Lich King.

Don't mess with the Blizz.

ouch.

I put it down to the fact most stores pc games selection is very small (at least in SA)

and that you normally wouldnt go hunting for pc games at BigW.

Gogo ActiBlizz show those naughty retailers your iron fist! haha

I visited a DSE yesterday and found them out of stock. I was a little concerned with the disclaimer on EB's price-matching policy, but they didn't bat an eye lid and matched DSE's price.

So i've found out that im really bad at MP in this game.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.

having ALOT of fun playing, 4-5 or so campaign missions in & 4/4 in multiplayer :D! lets hope i keep the winning streak

only wish there was a list of which units countered which so i could pick better units for each job. did the best counter move on some guy before, killed his entire 70supply army with a few units placed well when he was winning.

good game despite 9001 problems with the install, gameplay makes it worthwhile 11yo formula ftw.

i just played on a trial pass, 3/6 on MP oh man i totally wana buy it now ! T_T arghhhhhh lol if anyone finds any stock in the sydney metro south west then let me know !

i just played on a trial pass, 3/6 on MP oh man i totally wana buy it now ! T_T arghhhhhh lol if anyone finds any stock in the sydney metro south west then let me know !

Digital purchase perhaps?

Old but Patch 1.0.1 was released with the following fixes:

Bug Fixes

Campaign saves have been optimized.

Fixed an issue with sound not playing on some 7.1 systems.

I'm impressed. Had a lot of people tell me "It's just StarCraft" - Yeah, it is, and it's fucking awesome :D Waypoints, building queues, etc - Hells yeah

Running on my T7200 lappy with a x1700 and 2gig ram - Sure, mostly on low, but still looks good and runs a treat. Inspired me to finally upgrade though - New system in 2 weeks

A game that inspired you to upgrade? :O it MUST be good!

ahaha i won in bronze league tonight, 2v1 for half of it, with me being the 1 ^_____^ *proud story for tonight*

and it looks like ill just buy a copy at EB :( $100 bye bye

I visited a DSE yesterday and found them out of stock. I was a little concerned with the disclaimer on EB's price-matching policy, but they didn't bat an eye lid and matched DSE's price.

A game that inspired you to upgrade? :O it MUST be good!

ahaha i won in bronze league tonight, 2v1 for half of it, with me being the 1 ^_____^ *proud story for tonight*

and it looks like ill just buy a copy at EB :( $100 bye bye

Well done on the win, but regarding buying it at EB, didn't you read Nich's post above?

-A-

oh wow ! no i didn't i mustve skimmed over it :$ ahah shucks, i'll have to give the price matching policy a go too. So do i just say "hey, DSE are selling it at $70, could guys possibly match that?"

I hope it works !

make sure you tell em there sellin it for 69 bucks, not 70.

Iam upgrading my box aswell, Zerg... sooo many goddamm zerg.....

Edited by Vanne

Found out last night that my brother in law bought a 5970 for his new PC so he could run Starcraft 2 on full settings. I said that my little 5770 did it just fine and it hardly gets hot. lol

Found out last night that my brother in law bought a 5970 for his new PC so he could run Starcraft 2 on full settings. I said that my little 5770 did it just fine and it hardly gets hot. lol

LoL!

My 4870 does it fine. :P

-A-

My 4890 (Cyclonus - see below) runs it sweet on all high settings. Alas my Dell Inspiron 9400 (GeForce GO 7900 GS) runs it all on low - sucks being overseas at the moment - but it still runs the game fantastically well.

Played a few games with my brother (he is in AU and I am in HK) last night - no drop outs and lag free in all games - Versus/Co-op etc.

We did get ass handed back to us twice against Medium AI Zerg/Zerg and Zerg/Protoss - they absolutely slaughtered us - need to check the replays to see what they did. Their build schedule was insane.

Woohoo, got my retail version of SC2 ! anyone want to teach a noob how to play? :P ahaha

I bought my copy from Harvey Norman, just picked up a catalogue from the local DSE and took it in there and they price matched it. Good game so far, loving the variation in the missions.

Outbreak has been my fav mission so far, I very nearly got wiped out on the 5th night, another 10 seconds of night and i would have been screwed, luckily i managed to scrape together a few Hellions and finish off the rest of the infected buildings.

Well, I beat the game on 3 brutal, mostly hard except 3 or 4 levels annoyed me so much trying to get the hard achievement I ended up just doing them on normal, then went back and got the Tychus Portait by completing all the artifact mission achievements.. =P

Doing challenges inbetween some league and custom games atm and not bored yet :D

Pretty epic SP, and slowly getting used to the new custom game setup that everyone seems to complain about on other forums, I prefer the old WC3 layout with custom naming options but oh well.

Add me anyone?

Joey: 788

Btw the whole menu overheating thing only seems to happen with "hot" cards, my 5850 rig runs sc2 all ultra perfectly fine but my new GTX 460 1gb rig runs the game perfectly smooth at all ultra aswell but was getting graphical glitches and artifacting//system hang during SP cutscenes and sometimes ingame, although I havent overclocked the gpu and my case is a TT Element V with all fans installed and on max.

They say it's insufficient cooling yet most games have a FPS cap on the menu that blizz didnt apply, regardless they posted a fix here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13501356

Gotta remember that a bug like that can have your card working as hard as running crysis maxed out on a stupid ingame menu or cutscene.. So lucky my card didnt get fried, SC2 froze a few times after glitching up and hanging on a blackscreen or hardlock but it's all sweet now.

BTW does anyone happen to know what sample rate SC2 runs at? I get a weird sound loop every couple hours that fixes itself after a few seconds and it went away when I reduced the sound settings from 128 channel back to the default "high" setting, trying to figure out whats causing it since my soundcard seems capable(xtremegamer fatality)

Edited by darkforcemage

BTW does anyone happen to know what sample rate SC2 runs at? I get a weird sound loop every couple hours that fixes itself after a few seconds and it went away when I reduced the sound settings from 128 channel back to the default "high" setting, trying to figure out whats causing it since my soundcard seems capable(xtremegamer fatality)

You can change the sample rate in the options menu under Sound.