neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Sorry I meant the sample rate the starcraft 2 sound files are recorded at, I already know how to change the sample rate in my pc control panel I just wanted to match it up with starcraft 2's sound files.

I bought my copy from Harvey Norman, just picked up a catalogue from the local DSE and took it in there and they price matched it. Good game so far, loving the variation in the missions.

Outbreak has been my fav mission so far, I very nearly got wiped out on the 5th night, another 10 seconds of night and i would have been screwed, luckily i managed to scrape together a few Hellions and finish off the rest of the infected buildings.

Wait till you get to the last mission of the Protoss, fucking epic defend mission. I played it a few and loved it.

Excellent revamp of the original but one thing pisses me off - only 1 account per game key!

If my brother/sister/wife/friend wants to try the game out in multiplayer they have to use my account and everything they do impacts on my ranking.

From what I can see you need multiple copies to be able to have more than one player/profile.

I know it's for the ranking and matchmaking system functions but it will sure reduce the number of people able to have a casual try at multiplayer.

Or is there some method that this can be done that I am missing?

Excellent revamp of the original but one thing pisses me off - only 1 account per game key!

If my brother/sister/wife/friend wants to try the game out in multiplayer they have to use my account and everything they do impacts on my ranking.

From what I can see you need multiple copies to be able to have more than one player/profile.

I know it's for the ranking and matchmaking system functions but it will sure reduce the number of people able to have a casual try at multiplayer.

Why don't you use the guest pass keys that came in the box? If they like the game they can buy their own copy.

bahah ive played a bit, and i've read the thread about the stand off, lol poor protoss

im up for party games btw guy so holla at me :) lol superstar.547 !

Why don't you use the guest pass keys that came in the box? If they like the game they can buy their own copy.

But what if, as with the original SC, we pooled our meagre savings so we could at least buy the game? We used the software as most were designed - on one PC only. Why should there be the requirement to buy 2,3 or more copies just so family members can use something they contributed to?

I know they can still play it but that would really be a bummer when it comes to rankings.

BTW - what family with 5 kids who all want to play the game is going to

1. buy 5 copies or

2. referee 5 kids fights over who stuffed up the other ones ranking?

I've had quite a few friends play on my acocunt that have come to visit and it doesnt impact my ranking, why?

Custom Games: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. Custom games do not impact your ranking and play exactly the same as a ranked game. Just click on Multiplayer and click Custom Game and your friends can play til their hearts content!

As for a family with 5 kids thats easy. All the kids play the game the ranking goes up and down and thats just the way it is. I'm sure each of those kids don't have their own computer, so the biggest problem would be that Jeff got to play for 2 hours and James only got 45 minutes and Jill didn't get to play today. Unfortunatly when you can't buy stuff yourself you have to share and it's been that way for hundreds of years! Thats why when kids turn 16 they go and become a delivery boy at the local chemist so they can buy their own stuff.

The single player can still be run through by multiple people, they can start again, replay missions that someone has already completed and all the while accumulating achievements. Sharing Starcraft 2 is not problematic at all.

When my kids get older they will all have their own PC and their own copy of games if gaming interests them as much as it interests me, but sharing the TV will be somethnig they have to deal with!

I've had quite a few friends play on my acocunt that have come to visit and it doesnt impact my ranking, why?

Custom Games: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. Custom games do not impact your ranking and play exactly the same as a ranked game. Just click on Multiplayer and click Custom Game and your friends can play til their hearts content!

As for a family with 5 kids thats easy. All the kids play the game the ranking goes up and down and thats just the way it is. I'm sure each of those kids don't have their own computer, so the biggest problem would be that Jeff got to play for 2 hours and James only got 45 minutes and Jill didn't get to play today. Unfortunatly when you can't buy stuff yourself you have to share and it's been that way for hundreds of years! Thats why when kids turn 16 they go and become a delivery boy at the local chemist so they can buy their own stuff.

The single player can still be run through by multiple people, they can start again, replay missions that someone has already completed and all the while accumulating achievements. Sharing Starcraft 2 is not problematic at all.

When my kids get older they will all have their own PC and their own copy of games if gaming interests them as much as it interests me, but sharing the TV will be somethnig they have to deal with!

Why is it that people assume that their standards of parenting are the norm and that everyone should see them as the way to go?

If you want to address the issues of the method used by Blizzard to increase it's income stream feel free but I really have no interest in your parenting methods or opinions.

Like I said - a number of individuals put in for this game and would like to get the same level of play from it (as they did with the original).

Btw did they miss something on the box that says only one person will get the full benefit of playing? All I can see is that Battlenet registration is required.

Why is it that people assume that their standards of parenting are the norm and that everyone should see them as the way to go?

If you want to address the issues of the method used by Blizzard to increase it's income stream feel free but I really have no interest in your parenting methods or opinions.

Like I said - a number of individuals put in for this game and would like to get the same level of play from it (as they did with the original).

Btw did they miss something on the box that says only one person will get the full benefit of playing? All I can see is that Battlenet registration is required.

1st: It was said that friends can't play without affecting your rank. They can play custom games problem solved.

2nd: A family with 5 kids can't fully enjoy the game. Sure they can, they just have to save the game and they can continue playing later on. They could start a new campaign 5 times and still go back to old saves games. The only thing they can't do is have their own personal rank on B-net.

3rd: If a family can't afford 5 PC's and 5 copies of Starcraft 2 then it's not Blizzards fault, it's theirs!

The only thing Blizzard didn't put into the game was the ability to make more game profiles, but that was hardly done to penalise families with more than 1 kid who are going to go and NeRd RaGe if they drop down a league. Bottom line, each kid could enjoy the single player campaign to the fullest, but be unable to have their own personal ranking on b-net. Cry more man!

Edited by smakme7757

1st: It was said that friends can't play without affecting your rank. They can play custom games problem solved.

2nd: A family with 5 kids can't fully enjoy the game. Sure they can, they just have to save the game and they can continue playing later on. They could start a new campaign 5 times and still go back to old saves games. The only thing they can't do is have their own personal rank on B-net.

3rd: If a family can't afford 5 PC's and 5 copies of Starcraft 2 then it's not Blizzards fault, it's theirs!

The only thing Blizzard didn't put into the game was the ability to make more game profiles, but that was hardly done to penalise families with more than 1 kid who are going to go and NeRd RaGe if they drop down a league. Bottom line, each kid could enjoy the single player campaign to the fullest, but be unable to have their own personal ranking on b-net. Cry more man!

1. Ok

2. You seem to have a different definition of the word 'full'.

3. Where on the box does it say only 1 player can play all of the game?

4. How do you know exactly why Blizzard did it this way?

Nice demonstration of the attitude of a typical childless Blizzard fanboi.

Ciao.

1. Ok

Ciao.

Childless....hmmm right on matey (might want to look at my 'about me' page). Maybe a parent that understands a working business model more than...well...you.

As a small footnote, when you said that i considered my parenting methods the Norm, they are. Seeing as nearly 95% of all children have to share. If it wasn't the norm you wouldn't be complaining about having to buy more than one copy of the video game, would you?

Edited by smakme7757

1. Ok

Ciao.

Childless....hmmm right on matey (might want to look at my 'about me' page). Maybe a parent that understands a working business model more than...well...you.

As a small footnote, when you said that i considered my parenting methods the Norm, they are. Seeing as nearly 95% of all children have to share. If it wasn't the norm you wouldn't be complaining about having to buy more than one copy of the video game, would you?

also maybe i'm pointing out the obvious but wouldn't the EULA stipulate that it is a Single liscence game?

You paid for one game you get one game, if your sharing that one game between many people then you share it, tieing profiles with keys also makes sence DRM wise although I should think as a compromise people should be able to buy extra profiles if they want them for less than another copy of the game

I know they can still play it but that would really be a bummer when it comes to rankings.

Never know mate. Your misses might be a better SC2 ranker then you and it might affect HER ranking to let you play online :P

also maybe i'm pointing out the obvious but wouldn't the EULA stipulate that it is a Single liscence game?

You paid for one game you get one game, if your sharing that one game between many people then you share it, tieing profiles with keys also makes sence DRM wise although I should think as a compromise people should be able to buy extra profiles if they want them for less than another copy of the game

I think what Harvey is forgetting; back when he was playing Starcraft 1 buying one copy of the game and then installing it on 5 computers with a No-Cd crack was against the EULA. Most PC games that come out now aren't really geared towards allowing multiple people buy one copy of a game and then allowing them to play the game to the 'Fullest'.

It states on the box that Battle.net registration is required and a Battle.net account can only be owned by 1 person so i would have presume that this game would be centered around a one person owner, as it should. I really think multiple profiles should have been put into the game, but i can understand why they did it the way they did and just because people FEEL they are forced to buy more than one copy doen't mean they have too. Like i said earlier 5 people could still get a decent amount of enjoyment out of Starcraft 2 by splitting $69 between themselves. So for $13.80 i think your get your moneys worth.

Clearly it's just plain greedy for Blizzard to host servers, track your statistics and provide match making for you for the life of the game for the tiny, one time payment of the game. They should be providing that sort of thing for free to everyone who is too cheapskate to buy their own copy of the game.

Clearly it's just plain greedy for Blizzard to host servers, track your statistics and provide match making for you for the life of the game for the tiny, one time payment of the game. They should be providing that sort of thing for free to everyone who is too cheapskate to buy their own copy of the game.

Yep, I think my $69 was well spent =D

I think what Harvey is forgetting; back when he was playing Starcraft 1 buying one copy of the game and then installing it on 5 computers with a No-Cd crack was against the EULA. Most PC games that come out now aren't really geared towards allowing multiple people buy one copy of a game and then allowing them to play the game to the 'Fullest'.

It states on the box that Battle.net registration is required and a Battle.net account can only be owned by 1 person so i would have presume that this game would be centered around a one person owner, as it should. I really think multiple profiles should have been put into the game, but i can understand why they did it the way they did and just because people FEEL they are forced to buy more than one copy doen't mean they have too. Like i said earlier 5 people could still get a decent amount of enjoyment out of Starcraft 2 by splitting $69 between themselves. So for $13.80 i think your get your moneys worth.

WTF are you talking about?

Exactly where did I say anything at all about installing it on 5 computers or any mention of no-cd cracks? And if you care to check Blizzard removed the need for no-cd cracks to be used on the original a while back.

Like I said I wasn't talking about 'a decent amount of enjoyment' I used the word 'full'.

Original SC permitted multiple profiles and if required everyone in the household could play as long as they used the same legitimate cd key.

The EULA actually permitted the game to be installed on multiple computers but stated concurrent use was not allowed. (as does SC2 if you read it).

BTW how do you feel about not being able to sell or pass on the game you thought you owned? Read the SC2 EULA for that and while you are at it try the bit about them being able to prevent you playing even offline single player if they decide to shut off their servers.

Bored now so cya guys and thanks for the as usual constructive opinion presented as fact.

I do love the way that whenever there is thread on Steam or some digital verification method that someone always comes in and cries about not being able to sell the game off to someone else. There's clearly nothing wrong with multiple people using Blizzard's intellectual property and Blizzard only getting paid once instead of twice (or more).

I could draw a long bow here and draw a parallel with piracy and the second hand games market, but that's perhaps a little too off topic and we all know the shit fight that would end in...

Tell your kids to save up their birthday money if playing in ranked games means so much to them. Otherwise, there's plenty of nonranked games.

WTF are you talking about?

Exactly where did I say anything at all about installing it on 5 computers or any mention of no-cd cracks? And if you care to check Blizzard removed the need for no-cd cracks to be used on the original a while back.

Like I said I wasn't talking about 'a decent amount of enjoyment' I used the word 'full'.

Original SC permitted multiple profiles and if required everyone in the household could play as long as they used the same legitimate cd key.

The EULA actually permitted the game to be installed on multiple computers but stated concurrent use was not allowed. (as does SC2 if you read it).

BTW how do you feel about not being able to sell or pass on the game you thought you owned? Read the SC2 EULA for that and while you are at it try the bit about them being able to prevent you playing even offline single player if they decide to shut off their servers.

Bored now so cya guys and thanks for the as usual constructive opinion presented as fact.

Even if i could sell it onwards how much would i get for it? New it costs $70 or less so i guess a resale value of $15/20 might be reasonable. Why bother?

Just to make it clear, we never OWN the software we buy in a store/online we only pay for the right to use it!

Edited by smakme7757

Got SC2 today.

installed it, left it on the menu screen for a 2hours while i went down to the shops, came back, msi afterburner was reporting GPU temp of 53 degrees,

and im using a 4890 in a thermaltake spedo case and running on ultra settings @ 1650x1050...

how is anyone getting overheating ill never know ;p

edit: and my 4890 is overclocked to 975mhz core @ 1.4v

Edited by nobodyishere