neX

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

left it on the menu screen

how is anyone getting overheating ill never know ;p

I was getting it, others have been too. The initial opening screen where you log in doesn't have a frame rate cap or at least didn't which has caused peoples computers to overheat. May have changed recently, don't really know :s

left it on the menu screen

how is anyone getting overheating ill never know ;p

I was getting it, others have been too. The initial opening screen where you log in doesn't have a frame rate cap or at least didn't which has caused peoples computers to overheat. May have changed recently, don't really know :s

I'm pretty sure that it was a problem in Beta and was fixed in the final version. At least Blizzard made a big announcement about it during the Beta so it would have been foolish of them to leave that problem in the retail version.

LOL well i must clearly suck at this game, iam about 7 mission in the SP campaign and ive amassed a a massive 30 points... LOL!

btw come on all you guys that play, add your details to the player list..

Edited by Vanne

Added anndy and King_Of_The_Mountain to the list in the op.

Still need the identifier number for the following (you can see it in your profile in the game):

GhostWhoWalks | GWW.???

King_Of_The_Mountain | Thyron.???

LOL well i must clearly suck at this game, iam about 7 mission in the SP campaign and ive amassed a a massive 30 points... LOL!

btw come on all you guys that play, add your details to the player list..

Make sure you are online when you play, otherwise you don't get any achievements. I got robbed of a few that way. :(

ahaha nex i think i added you, but i'm not sure if you accepted or not

lol i'm so terrible at 2v2 :(

Add me too!

Joey: 788

Btw the overheating issue is mainly with nvidia cards, my 5850 rig didnt have any probs but my gtx 460 build did, even after applying the fix blizz recommended I still get weird graphical artifacting every 2nd or 3rd run of the game

Might just be the game though since I can run furmark all day with no probs and it stay under 70ºc.

Wish I had just stuck with ATI though.

wow, just spent some time killing some Zerg, the day break mission is fun :)

iam really liking the redneck aspect of the game, makes it seem like its a space western:) love it :)

Iam going to the shop tomorrow to grab SC1 and expansion. I hope playing them backwards isnt gonna kill it :)

cheers

Just finished my ranking matches for 3v3. Got into Gold league. 3v3 has been the most fun so far, I'm really enjoying it!

I'll have to dig up my player number thingy or whatever from Bnet, but I don't see myself doing much MP til i finish SP.

You can get it from the Battle.net website too, not just in game.

Ashlar 103

-A-

Edited by Ashlar

It's probably a better idea to try MP before you finish SP, Ash. Unit health/damage/abilities in SP are way out from their MP values.

True, all that extra jazz in hyperion armory are crazy modifiers for the original units i hear -- i haven't played much SP though.

I'm enjoying the game, but HSC around the corner :( ughh

Such a noob. Couldn't figure out how to chat back to Vanne when I was in game. And then I got my arse handed to me again.

I have, however, developed a pretty good viking spam attack that works pretty well against protoss players...

-X

Protoss, really? Ahaha were they massing VRs ?

** are you still on? I could go for a game right now ahah

Edited by anndy

Protoss, really? Ahaha were they massing VRs ?

** are you still on? I could go for a game right now ahah

No, I can usually get about 20 vikings and fly them around the back of thier base, kill all thier probes and wipe out thier base in one move before they can make any kind of decicive assault on me. Note to self: always build missile towers at the back of my base ;)

It's looking to be a pretty versatile tactic at the moment.

I still get destroyed by anyone playing zerg, however. I've still got to develop a decent tactic to deal with them...

-X

nobodyishere i think next time u decide to ruin the game for everyone pls use spoiler tags

Indeed... thanks for the heads-up so I could skip over his post.

Hint: [ spoiler ] <text> [ /spoiler ]

....without the spaces, obviously.

Its just good netiquette, nobodyishere.

Pretty simple: if you can't do the right thing by other forum members, don't post and ruin game/movie stories for others.

Thanks in advance for Doing The Right Thing™.

:)

-A-

I hate FUCKING SPOILERS!

meh took me a day to finish the campaign.

it would have been nice for them not to give away then ending to the series in the last cut scene.

but you get that.

I downloaded SC2 for a free trial, but the stupid thing wont patch. i get the error "there were multiple problems saving data"

Did some googling, some recommended download them through torrents included with the install. but the torrents have no seeds.

i'm on MAC btw

It's probably a better idea to try MP before you finish SP, Ash. Unit health/damage/abilities in SP are way out from their MP values.

Fair cop, Nichers.

Probably add you guys this week or something... And get some games on.

Only problem is that I'm staying at the g/f's fairly often, and her "Unwired" net suuucks. >_<

Cheers.

-A-