Director

Anyone having probs with firefox?

I've noticed this over the last couple of weeks, FF will be slow to scroll, open tabs etc, IE and Chrome seem fine. I did see some posts about deleting the session.js files that can build up but that's not it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Running the same version. Also a lot of the time if I click on a tab or menu button it'll take 2-3 second to open up.....

Might try disabling add ons and see what happens?

Edited by Director

Have you thought about uninstall firefox. Deleting the program and data directories (after saving bookmarks & cookies, perhaps) and then reinstalling?

Rob.

Yeah I'll do that as a last resort..tons of addons etc.... ;)

Ok did a reinstall, manually removed the FF folder, ran ccleaner, restarted PC, redownloaded and installed FF but it doesn't seem much better. It also pauses when I'm scrolling through a page, not consistently though, all of these problems are intermittent, as it they happen most, but all the time.

Google says I'm not the only one but nobody has a solution either..so far.

Edited by Director

I made the switch to Chrome from FireFox not only because of lagging performance, but because Chrome is more secure.

If only Chrome was as well set out, and had a DM manager.

I had some issues - turned out to be some old RSS feeds I had going - with them culled everything went fine...

Okies I've been running 3.5.8 for a couple of days now with no probs...I might keep it like that until 3.7 comes out.

(I'm also running W7 64bit if that makes a difference?)

Ive noticed my browser locks up for a second every 10-20secs then what ever actions you attempted during the lockup, they all cascade quickly when the lockup finishes. It only happens on occasion, and I have discovered how to reproduce it. If you have an Atomic thread open when closing the browser, and you open the browser again with session manager reloading all your tabs, sometimes the browser tries to load one of the doubleclick.net scripts

and gets stuck in a sort of recursive loop...in the bottom left of the browser status bar at the bottom you get a message text showing which url is loading, and its progress...when the lock ups are occurring, the message text is rapidly flashing "transferring data from doubleclick.net" nonstop.

Closing the tab and reopening one with the Atomic mainpage, then click on your links to the forums fixes it.

Edited by Antraman

but because Chrome is more secure.

Please enlighten me.