Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mark84

Altitude

Downloaded this during the free trial this weekend on steam, and couldn't stop playing it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41300/

US$10. Weekend sale price is US$5 (still on at time of writing)

Have AvP and Assassins Creed II waiting to be played but instead I played this all weekend. It's so simple its brilliant.

Sort of like a multiplayer real time version of worms but instead with aeroplanes. 5 different plane classes, ranging from bombers to fighters, bi planes and alien looking ones.

My favourite mode would be "ball" maps, basically like a game of soccer (or CTF), base destruction is also fun where competing teams have to bomb the others base with special bombs, plus there's death match and team death match, last standing team death match etc.

Loving the bi plane atm, doing acrobatics, flying backwards vertically shooting down with a cannon is epic fun.

There's a few aussie servers up and running, about 20 or so with good pings.

Best US$5 I've ever spent.

Its about the game, not about it being on special, deserves its own thread imo.

Also, just bought it.

Love this game, been playing for a while, I believe I bought it back in the Steam Christmas sale.

Such a steal, five or even ten dollars is a ridiculous price for the amount of game time that I have put that I have logged in it.

Had a bash last night, was getting my ass handed to me in MP, I didn't even have guns...

Guess you have to do all the tutorials/SP missions before attempting MP? :(

Edited by nukejockey

Sort of. I just did the SP missions before jumping into MP just to learn what you had to do. But I guess that was while every one else was still learning too. I got to lvl 50 in 2 days, was smashing every one :) Now MP is a lot harder as most have learnt how to play well too.

You unlock more planes and abilities as you lvl up. Be sure to play in beginners only servers to start with (like with lvl 20 or less restrictions).