Sign in to follow this  
Harro2

Harros' Recommended Build. Critique welcome!

nah bitching would be the sound of somebody rage quitting after getting owned. =P

Play a game on a dell 2709 and then play a game on some $200 24" panel and you will cry.

is that a challenge? talk is cheap mate.

i've been there and done that and i ain't cryin.

Edited by d-code

then you need to get your eyes checked Edited by 180degrees

Im not directing anything at you, As this forums is about opinions I'm just adding mine.

then you need to get your eyes checked

and you need to get a life, my eyes are perfectly fine thanks for your concern. troll much?

Im not directing anything at you, As this forums is about opinions I'm just adding mine.

well your opinions stinks so "just adding my opinion"

while this is fun and all can we please stick to the topic?

Edited by d-code

well your opinions stinks so "just adding my opinion"

I think your taking it the wrong way.

and you need to get a life, my eyes are perfectly fine thanks for your concern. troll much?

well I could say the same for you...

you remind me of this

Posted Image

anyway I have a life to go live and not fritter away over such a stupid argument.

PCCG prices dont include GST in there pricing.

This is not correct.

Yeah, rechecked my reciept and your right. Will edit OP.

thanks for correction

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!! Owaitmudgewonalready.

Kgo.

You need a mic so I can hear you rage in bc2.

A) That's the last time I back you in a fight buddy :p

B) Nah I have one, we just need VOIP that works.

A) That's the last time I back you in a fight buddy :p

B) Nah I have one, we just need VOIP that works.

Lol :)

@harro2 pitty you've changed your mind about the asrock board, was hoping to see it in action but nevermind though.

@harro2 pitty you've changed your mind about the asrock board, was hoping to see it in action but nevermind though.

I would have gone with the Asrock in a LGA 1366 CPU socket set up.

I upgraded my computer this weekend

Kept Core 2 Duo E6850 With TRUE Heat sink/120mm Noctura fan, ASUS P5K deluxe Mobo, Thermaltake Toughpower 850w, 120GB WD HDD and pioneer DVD-RW (overkill on the PSU I know :P when I bought it about 3 years ago I thought I might need it for future build)

Swapped out my GTS8800 with a HD5850

Threw in a G.Skill Falcon II 64GB SSD and installed Windows 7 Home premium 64bit

I bought the Windows X4 keyboard and the CM Sentinal Mouse.

Added 2 stix of 1GB RAM filling all 4 slots so now I have 4GB of RAM

And finally rebuilt it all in a Fractal Design Define R2 Case.

Quite happy, really like the case. Windows 7 with SSD is just awsome. From the time I press the powerbutton im online in windows explorer in about 25 seconds.

On my old XP pro installed on WD HDD would take about 1 and a half minutes lol.

As for the keyboard I think it would have been better to spend around $80 on the logitech Illuminated Keyboard than $50 on the X4.

The Sentinal mouse is nice, taken a few days to get used to. Dont really like spending 70 bucks on a mouse though. Probably should have just got a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 for around $35.

Been tosing up on what monitor to buy now, narrowed down to these, the LG W2753V-PF 27"1080p, Samsung P2770H 27"1080p or Asus VW266H 25.5"1920x1200. Probably will go for the LG as its cheap but I heard they dont come with HDMI or DVDI-D cable so will have to factor that into the cost.

Edited by Harro2

I got the LG W2753V-PF today, its so awsome, absolutly love it. Great monitor. Definatly recommend for $462 :D

Blows my ASUS VW222 away. The LG did come with a DVI-D cable so no worries there either.

I now have the 27" and 22" inch monitors both running, works flawlessly with Windows 7...loving the upgrade :D

I got the LG W2753V-PF today, its so awsome, absolutly love it. Great monitor. Definatly recommend for $462 :D

Blows my ASUS VW222 away. The LG did come with a DVI-D cable so no worries there either.

I now have the 27" and 22" inch monitors both running, works flawlessly with Windows 7...loving the upgrade :D

Good stuff I was going to get that screen you got or the Dell 2709 I have here got a good deal on this baby but im sure you'll have a good time on that monitor.

thats a bloody good gaming screen there matey, especially when i looked at the price compared to other simliar specced monitors i almost cried =P