Sign in to follow this  
unr3strict3d

Unr3strict3d's First Build :)

Hows that 450w Thermaltake going with powering your rig? Might consider getting that case and psu.

You know what, Im amazed with the case. It was bought as a starter case to just house the computer untill i could buy a new one.

But im extremely happy with it! Although some aspects of the case reflect the price tag, it keeps it cool. And does what its meant to do.

And for around 80$ WITH the PSU i was pretty happy. But with every case there is some bad things.

First: There is literally NO cable management at all.

Second: The case is a little flimsy and the side panels over time will not screw in anymore as the screws have made the hole to big. But that might just be me

But its great looking and it does the job. I'm very happy with it.

But at the end of the day it's up to what you like and how much money you have.

Hows that 450w Thermaltake going with powering your rig? Might consider getting that case and psu.

You know what, Im amazed with the case. It was bought as a starter case to just house the computer untill i could buy a new one.

But im extremely happy with it! Although some aspects of the case reflect the price tag, it keeps it cool. And does what its meant to do.

And for around 80$ WITH the PSU i was pretty happy. But with every case there is some bad things.

Second: The case is a little flimsy and the side panels over time will not screw in anymore as the screws have made the hole to big. But that might just be me

Cant be anymore flimsier than my generic case that i was going to use. Im not one for cable management so im not really too fussed with that. Does look really nice aswell so i will probably pick one up off PCCG with the rest of my gear when i order. Thanks for the info mate!

Cant be anymore flimsier than my generic case that i was going to use. Im not one for cable management so im not really too fussed with that. Does look really nice aswell so i will probably pick one up off PCCG with the rest of my gear when i order. Thanks for the info mate!

Yeah :P

When do you think you'll pick up the parts? I hate waiting :P

And no problems, always happy to help. If you need to ask just give me a call :P

Yeah :P

When do you think you'll pick up the parts? I hate waiting :P

And no problems, always happy to help. If you need to ask just give me a call :P

Been wanting to build since November last year and probably wont be able to until early August. Only get $10 a week off my parents and cant even get a job yet (Only 14) so its been a long wait but imsure ill enjoy my new PC when i get it :) Edited by brissmas

How far you got to go Brissmas?

What do you need? I'm sure I have something laying around to give you a hand.

Just wanted to say nice first build - also compliments on the cable management, seemed pretty dam fine to me!

Very much glad you didn't follow in my footsteps -- My first build from scratch was an old 1GHz Athlon Thunderbird. That thing was so dodgy...The fan wires were connected to the Molex connectors with masking tape, and Blu-Tac, masking tape and paperclips held the fans in place on the perspex window due to botching up the screw holes! The cabling inside looked like spaghetti that had popped in the microwave. I'm surprised the thing ever turned on. About a year later it went out with a bang when the CPU fan died. I got home to a burning electrical smell, rebooted into the bios and checked the CPU temp after noticing the fan was dead -- BIOS reported CPU temp of 113 degrees which I doubt to this day. After cold booting and reattaching the fan wires, it never did POST again :( (took my 30GB harddrive with it too!). RIP mighty thunderbird!

Anyway glad to see the youth of today have learnt from our recklessness!

Just wanted to say nice first build - also compliments on the cable management, seemed pretty dam fine to me!

Very much glad you didn't follow in my footsteps -- My first build from scratch was an old 1GHz Athlon Thunderbird. That thing was so dodgy...The fan wires were connected to the Molex connectors with masking tape, and Blu-Tac, masking tape and paperclips held the fans in place on the perspex window due to botching up the screw holes! The cabling inside looked like spaghetti that had popped in the microwave. I'm surprised the thing ever turned on. About a year later it went out with a bang when the CPU fan died. I got home to a burning electrical smell, rebooted into the bios and checked the CPU temp after noticing the fan was dead -- BIOS reported CPU temp of 113 degrees which I doubt to this day. After cold booting and reattaching the fan wires, it never did POST again :( (took my 30GB harddrive with it too!). RIP mighty thunderbird!

Anyway glad to see the youth of today have learnt from our recklessness!

Thanks mate,

Yeah i did exactly the same thing :P

That's one of the reason i built my rig was to replace and old AMD. I didn't plug the CPU fan back in after giving the heatsink a clean.

Came back in to that horrible burnt electrical smell. Poor girl, bet she still had years left in her.

I'm now so extra cautious with my build :P

How far you got to go Brissmas?

What do you need? I'm sure I have something laying around to give you a hand.

Basically all i need is a Socket 775 mobo that supports Core 2 Duos (Ive got an E7200), a powersupply the can handle a 4870 and the E7200, some ram to go along with the motherboard (around 1-2gb to start off with) and a cpu cooler (got my cpu off ebay so it didnt come with one. Stock will be fine if youve got one.). Nearly finished basically. Would be great if youve got some of this stuff laying around that i can buy off ya.

Edited by brissmas

I'll see if I can find some ddr2 for you.

edit: I have a 1gb stick of ddr2 800mhz that you can have.

I'll try and find a Socket 775 cooler for you at work.

I'll see if I can find some ddr2 for you.

edit: I have a 1gb stick of ddr2 800mhz that you can have.

I'll try and find a Socket 775 cooler for you at work.

Awesome! Will help heaps. Thanks for helping me out mudg3

PM your address Brissmas

Looks like I've found a socket 775 cooler too.

As you guys asked me to keeps this updates :P

I got Windows 7 Pro 64-bit todays :D

Although like always i had issues :P But it pulls through at the end of the day with flying colours.

Had an issue with sound drivers and windows not detecting my 5.1 speakers. But all is well.

No i have to try and get 3DMark vantage to work, Just sits at the initializing GUI.

But other than that i love it. Better than xp home edition. :P

My next update will be when im getting my new hardrive.

So i will have to reinstall everything :P

But all is well

I would quite like to but it seems that steam is not working. Ill try again :P

Edit: Its gona take a while so ill juts pm you :D

Edited by unr3strict3d

OK another update :D

My mum managed to get a screen of her boss. Its a BENQ FP91G+.

Pretty sure its 19inch so its heaven compared to my old screen. Im pretty sure it was a 13 or 14inch screen.

So its sitting on my desk nice and comfortably :D

And my internet resets tommorow, yay, so im not capped anymore :D

No i have to try and get 3DMark vantage to work, Just sits at the initializing GUI.

have you got the latest version? I know with 3DM06 it used to just sit there doing the same thing with HD4800 series cards untill you deleted a certain file.

good to see people giving thing out for free, I remember though I gave a guy on here a fairly substantial box of parts and games for free as long as he paid for postage, month later they were all on trademart so I'll never give anything out for free again unfortunately after that.

Edited by nesquick

have you got the latest version? I know with 3DM06 it used to just sit there doing the same thing with HD4800 series cards untill you deleted a certain file.

good to see people giving thing out for free, I remember though I gave a guy on here a fairly substantial box of parts and games for free as long as he paid for postage, month later they were all on trademart so I'll never give anything out for free again unfortunately after that.

Ok i fixed Vantage, just installed the update over itself. As it already had the latest version. So i'll give that a whir soon.

Yeah its a shame when people go and do that, Its just not right.

Yeah i dont blame you

And cheaper, i've heard good stuff about it thats why i looked at it.

Before i get this i just want to clarify, if windows comes up saying i should back my stuff up as the hardrive is faulty,

I should get rid of it? Ive run disk check and all that with no errors but windows keeps comming up saying that i should back up.

The drive is not new and probably has just kicked the can in. Anyway, the F3 will be a big upgrade :D

The Samsung F3s are good drives. Gratz on getting the 19 inch monitor, should be much nicer than your old one.

Before i get this i just want to clarify, if windows comes up saying i should back my stuff up as the hardrive is faulty,

I should get rid of it? Ive run disk check and all that with no errors but windows keeps comming up saying that i should back up.

The drive is not new and probably has just kicked the can in. Anyway, the F3 will be a big upgrade :D

Try a third party utility like TuneUp Utilities 2010 to check your hard drive for errors. 15-day free trial is available online. There are others available too if you Google.

The Samsung F3s are good drives. Gratz on getting the 19 inch monitor, should be much nicer than your old one.

Yeah cheers mate :D

Try a third party utility like TuneUp Utilities 2010 to check your hard drive for errors. 15-day free trial is available online. There are others available too if you Google.

To be honest its an old 500g hadrive that was pulled out of an old computer. And anyway its an excuse to get a new one :P

But thanks for the idea :D

Edited by unr3strict3d