Sign in to follow this  
Optimus

HTC EVO

So i have a HD2 and recently the windows OS is starting to shit me big time, now, i like the layout and sense UI and the design of the phone and well, i want to get a EVO, seeing as its a beefed up version of a HD2 with android.

however, the problem lies with the question of will it work here.

does anyone know if it will?

any suggestions on whether to go for it if it does or wait for something else which is coming out?

So i have a HD2 and recently the windows OS is starting to shit me big time, now, i like the layout and sense UI and the design of the phone and well, i want to get a EVO, seeing as its a beefed up version of a HD2 with android.

however, the problem lies with the question of will it work here.

does anyone know if it will?

any suggestions on whether to go for it if it does or wait for something else which is coming out?

if it's the version that SPRINT has the answer is no......it's cdma

look at the HTC Desire, it's basically the same as the Nexus but with Sense UI

Edited by jdee71

I told you: update your OS, and I guarantee you'll have a much better experience.

i know, i just dont think i'd do it right and i dont want to end up with a brick.

there is a considerable difference if you consider the camera and other tweaked features

HTC cameras are shit anyway, that extra 3mp won't change that.

You won't brick your phone *rolls eyes*. If you do, I'll be damned impressed. I've fucked flashes before, and never had a problem (even when my battery fell out once, lol)

Pfft. It's still a HTC camera, backlit sensor or no. It'll just make it a little less shit :P

The only way you can really fuck your 'droid phone is by flashing an incompatible radio+SPL combination.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to flash those things on the Desire anyway, it was just to get Eclair running on Dream/Sapphire/Magic.