Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
xzibit0007

Laptop Internet continuous drop off

Hello there, I am currently running ADLS2 wireless internet through the standard network card of Dell Latitude D610, however it continuously drops off regularly forcing me to reboot the system all the time, does anyone know what this issue could be and is there anything i can do to reduce the constant drop off of the internet on this laptop?

How is the signal strength from your router ? Updated your drivers ? Try changing the channel on your router to 1 or 11.

How is the signal strength from your router ? Updated your drivers ? Try changing the channel on your router to 1 or 11.

Hello there, The strength signal when I use the internet reads maximum, Drivers are up to date as far as I can see, and how do you change the Chanel on the router?

Might be the power settings.

I had a USB modem that used to disconnect. I realised it was probably the power saver settings for USB devices. After I changed the setting it worked fine.

Hello there, The strength signal when I use the internet reads maximum, Drivers are up to date as far as I can see, and how do you change the Chanel on the router?

Grab the book that came with your wireless router, and to configure your router it will give you a series of numbers (like this http://192.168.1.66) type the number you find in your set up guide in your web browser of choice, a box will pop up asking for a user name and password, it is usually "admin" and "password" by default (I suggest you change that as well once you are in).

Then under the options available you will find a selection of channels. Pick channel 11 and see if that solves the problem as sometimes interference on channel 6 (which it is most likely set to) can cause drop outs. And also while you are in there, don't forget to set up your security for your wireless router, WPA 2 with a good password.

Edited by bowiee