harpy queen

$200 2.0 or 2.1 speakers

I'm looking for some new speakers around the $200 mark. The vast majority of the use is for music, but some games and movies. I definitely want 2.0 or 2.1, probably 2.1 but if someone comes up with nice 2.0s I'll be happy with them. I'm thinking around $200 as how much I pay, not the RRP, and considering I'm intending to look at places like MSY and CPL, I should be able to go below retail.

I'm looking for some new speakers around the $200 mark. The vast majority of the use is for music, but some games and movies. I definitely want 2.0 or 2.1, probably 2.1 but if someone comes up with nice 2.0s I'll be happy with them. I'm thinking around $200 as how much I pay, not the RRP, and considering I'm intending to look at places like MSY and CPL, I should be able to go below retail.

I am happy with these: Edifier S330B

I got them a while back and they suit my needs perfectly.

If you're willing to stretch your budget by 50 bux, check out the Audioengine A2's. I've had mine for about a year, and barring a PSU failure (that was my fault anyway), they've been perfect. Plenty of good reviews for them out there.

I don't mind fucking huge, I have so much space free on this desk that I have a CRT sitting on here, obviously unused. I'll check that one out more in depth once no one else is bandwidth hogging. I did see that it has a wireless remote, which is very appealing. The size shouldn't bother me, I can just take my current ones lanning anyway. I probably don't want really nice speakers lanning, since they tend to have rushed cable set ups and lots of people walking around.

Not at the ones I go to. We usually use our speakers. Funny story relating to that. I was tired, and decided to lie down and play my psp since I'd fall asleep when I needed to. So, my mates got to a quiet bit in their games at the same time, and hear disgaea music. They look over to see me clinging to my PSP, asleep. They manage to get my PSP out of my hands (I was holding on hard). I then started grasping for it in my sleep. They turned it off and handed it back. Apparently I hugged it when I got it back XP.

i own these and fucking love them (though mine are the black ones with optical audio, that i dont use because it reverses the channels, a common problem with these speakers)

I mostly just use them for music, as they arent great for gaming (plus i prefer using headphones for gaming anyway), and havent looked back. shipping was a bit of a killer due to the weight, but well worth it imo