Sign in to follow this  
Athiril

Losing emails and bookmarks

"The only things I lost were all my bookmarks, my emails and the contacts I hadn't already transferred to a document I keep, and a heap of music."

"In his defence he just didn't know if there were any important emails/contatcs/bookmarks I needed and was a bit impatient. "

I've had the problem of losing emails before, sometimes you just forget about the Thunderbird profile folder, or outlook.pst etc etc, as it's obscure until you realise...

What I do now is I configured my gmail account to log into my pop email account (the kind of account youd use with outlook or thunderbird etc) and download all my messages and check frequently, without removing them from the server, so all I have to do if I lose the emails is log into gmail and go the folder I specified to send them all into on gmail.

Foxmarks (now xmarks apparently) or other online bookmark service is fantastic, you syncrhonise your bookmarks with an online copy, so if you lose them, just get the plugin again and get your bookmarks.

Im sure many of you might have fancier solutions that you want to tell me about as well.

Edited by Athiril

Just backup the entire Store folder once in a while.

All my emails are stored on my My Documents partition. I don't use bookmarks, rather a custom home page with all my regular sites hyperlinked from that. It is also stored on my My Documents partition.

Use Opera, enable Link, never lose your bookmarks again. Also, share an always-current copy of them with ALL your computers.

Problem solved.