Sign in to follow this  
Dapper_Dan

MGS4 on 360...maybe

Look at the dates, compare against the latest news.

Rookie mistake.

PROTIP:

August is BEFORE October.

Look at the dates, compare against the latest news.

Rookie mistake.

PROTIP:

August is BEFORE October.

I hadn't noticed that.

I'm more inclined to believe the earlier ones however, as they directly quote Hideo, rather than paraphrasing a marketing person for Konami.

Hideo also keeps saying that he's not going to make another Metal Gear every time he releases a new one.

GUYS, do you honestly think Metal Gear Solid 4 will go to the Xbox 360? Think about it, take some time off to think about it. I don't think Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to even make it to the Xbox360, I really doubt that they will port it over. They complained about disc space and the 360 itself and they complained about capacity on Blu-Ray as the game was 55GB. SO I don't see it happening sorry to break the news to you 360 owners (Including myself =P) But its a stupid thing to happen becuase it is inveatably going to be impossible to fit it on to 1 DVD. If they had like 3 DVD's to play MGS4 I still don't think people would, I mean, why the fuck would you want to change dics over 24/7. i would just rather play the game on the PS3 without a disc change.

(My Opinion) So... Yea :)

Do you ever bother to actually try to understand what others are saying? Until you understand the importance of access times and compression vs storage, you're not really keeping up with the discussion.

And for the record, MGS1 was two discs, so it has been done before. Swapping discs is not some massive achilles heel. It's certainly no less ridiculous than having to sit through 4 separate installations.

Do you ever bother to actually try to understand what others are saying?

And for the record, MGS1 was two discs, so it has been done before. Swapping discs is not some massive achilles heel. It's certainly no less ridiculous than having to sit through 4 separate installations.

But still though, I would rather not change discs then have to change over 3 or 4.

Ill give you my other side to the opinion.

When they bring up Metal Gear & Xbox, people get thier hopes up, just like Haze but a matter of a fact, Haze turned out to be shit, just like MGS4 going to 360 will be shit. 360 fans are now getting their hopes up, now that they see MGS4 going to 360, which I highly doubt will happen. If it does, then expect to change disc 1 in the first 5 minutes of the game.

And why do you make this claim?

You lack the actual technical knowledge to make any of the claims you do.

I've played MGS4, and I saw nothing in the first hour or so that could not be done without swapping discs and without loading from a DVD. Cutscenes can be compressed, sound can be compressed and the in-game textures are nothing special whatsoever.

And why do you make this claim?

You lack the actual technical knowledge to make any of the claims you do. < I don't have to have technical Knowledge, its fact :)

In-game textures are nothing special whatsoever.

Um, textures take a big part in space consuming :)

*Edit.

There is always more than one texture been used in a video game, lets try hundereds to thousands of textures for example.

And the texturing in MGS4 is nothing special. The characters are well textured, with quite a lot of multitexturing and normal mapping, but the enviroments are generally flat textured and low resolution. And environment textures are what chews up storage. If the textures aren't great, they're obviously not consuming a lot of space.

And the texturing in MGS4 is nothing special. The characters are well textured, with quite a lot of multitexturing and normal mapping, but the enviroments are generally flat textured and low resolution. And environment textures are what chews up storage. If the textures aren't great, they're obviously not consuming a lot of space.

While yes, but you also have multisampling :) When you zoom up to a texture, its going to take several multisample textures to create an effect and that chews a lot of space. Even when moving in the game, a different sample texture will be used, even when zooming into the charatcer that you play in the game. You also have to have effects texturing, sparks, smoke, guns, enviroments, charatcer and or the entire game.

Multisampling is a major space consumer also :)

While yes, but you also have multisampling :) When you zoom up to a texture, its going to take several multisample textures to create an effect and that chews a lot of space. Even when moving in the game, a different sample texture will be used, even when zooming into the charatcer that you play in the game. You also have to have effects texturing, sparks, smoke, guns, enviroments, charatcer and or the entire game.

Multisampling is a hardware Anti-aliasing technique. It used GPU time, not storage.

Multitexturing is combining different textures and maps to create an effect, and I already discussed why MGS is not a big deal in that respect.

Sparks and smoke are particle effects and are procedurally generated, requiring no storage space.

As for geometry, again, there is nothing I've seen in MGS4 that outstrips most next gen games.

Can you please stop trying to sound like you know what you're on about? You're just pulling stuff out of your arse.

Can you please stop trying to sound like you know what you're on about? You're just pulling stuff out of your arse.

Ok, so tell me how Multisampling has nothing to do with texturing please :)

There are other ways to do texturing let alone the different stages of texturing which involes Multisampling :) They both work together :)

Do your own learning.

Multisampling is applied to the finished image. After textures, shaders, lighting and post-processing effects have been applied

You do understand what 'anti-aliasing' is, right?

I'm guessing you don't, because if you're trying to say that it's both:

a. Uses additional disc storage

b. better handled by the PS3

then you're even more clueless than first imagined.

Do your own learning.

Multisampling is applied to the finished image. After textures, shaders, lighting and post-processing effects have been applied

You do understand what 'anti-aliasing' is, right?

I'm guessing you don't, because if you're trying to say that it's both:

a. Uses additional disc storage

b. better handled by the PS3

then you're even more clueless than first imagined.

I know what 'anti-aliasing' is.

a. It does Use storage

b. I can't beleave you used Wikipedia

So, you're even more clueless than I first imagined.

*Edit.

Either way, good luck if it comes to 360 but, it won't look as good and it won't be as decent, as the PlayStation 3 version so have fun :)

Didnt one of the Final Fantasy games have more than one disc? and I mean Baldurs Gate (sorry for computer reference) Had 8 CDs that you were constantly changing between maps and battles.

I know what 'anti-aliasing' is. <- Emphasis added

a. It does Use storage

*Edit.

Either way, good luck if it comes to 360 but, it won't look as good and it won't be as decent, as the PlayStation 3 version so have fun :)

Oh

My

God.

You're a moron.

A complete and total one.

How the fuck does a post-processing effect use read only storage space?

Didnt one of the Final Fantasy games have more than one disc? and I mean Baldurs Gate (sorry for computer reference) Had 8 CDs that you were constantly changing between maps and battles.

Yup. Shit tonnes of games on PS1 used multi disc. Lost Odyssey on 360 is multidisc.

It's not the end of the world.

I know what 'anti-aliasing' is. <- Emphasis added

a. It does Use storage

*Edit.

Oh

My

God.

You're a moron.

A complete and total one.

You seriously can't handle the heat. TEXTURES take up SPACE and TEXTURES being displayed at HIGH RESOLUTIONS requires vast amounts of SPACE, so you need BLU-RAY to store it on and even then they needed to COMPRESS 5GB of data, so it could FIT!.

Gee, I do make movies, I do compress files, A LOT, so I know a little about textures and compression. You don't need wikipedia to figure that out.

What was it you said.

OH.

MY

GOD.

:)

Good luck, enjoy changing discs over every 5 seconds, ill just enjoy the PS3 version.

TEXTURES take up SPACE

Storage space then RAM. You're doing okay here.

and TEXTURES being displayed at HIGH RESOLUTIONS requires vast amounts of SPACE,

Video RAM then screen buffer. Okay, you're still there.

so you need BLU-RAY to store it on

After you've displayed the rendered scene? Are you high?

and even then they needed to COMPRESS 5GB of data, so it could FIT!.

Well if they're trying to jam the already rendered displays back on the HDD, you might have a case.

Except that would be completely unnecessary and slightly insane.

Gee, I do make movies, I do compress files, A LOT, so I know a little about textures and compression. You don't need wikipedia to figure that out.

I think at some point someone compressed your skull. Very hard.

And how is that anything to do with Multisampling AA, A post render effect that occurs in video RAM and the screen buffer, you muppet?

TEXTURES take up SPACE

Storage space then RAM. You're doing okay here.

and TEXTURES being displayed at HIGH RESOLUTIONS requires vast amounts of SPACE,

Video RAM then screen buffer. Okay, you're still there.

so you need BLU-RAY to store it on

After you've displayed the rendered scene? Are you high?

and even then they needed to COMPRESS 5GB of data, so it could FIT!.

Well if they're trying to jam the already rendered displays back on the HDD, you might have a case.

Except that would be completely unnecessary and slightly insane.

I think at some point someone compressed your skull. Very hard.

And how is that anything to do with Multisampling AA? A post render effect that occurs in video RAM and the screen buffer, you muppet?

Ok, you want to get technical? Expect a big wall of text :)

PS: There is a lot more to the word Multisampling and what it does :) Muppet? HA at least I did not use Wikipedia as my way to show you in fact, I don't think anyone should use it as a way to get a point across, becuase all the information is not creditable. Just go ask the Sunshine Coast UNI or any UNI :) Enjoy the wall of text I am about to bring :)