Sign in to follow this  
Dapper_Dan

MGS4 on 360...maybe

Yah PR guy certainly needs one maybe you could lend him yours but if you lend him yours make another one or the MGS4 on 360 voices will get through...oh wait ???

Personally i think the rumour is being spread and perpetuated to get folks to hang onto their 360's and to not buy a PS3 to play MGS 4.

Given that the latest 'rebirth' of the rumour was because of something a Konami PR guy said, I think that's a bit too 'tinfoil hat' brigadish.

Only problem is that it was apparently a mistranslation, which Konami immediately made disappear. The original article the quote was sourced from was modified without any notification or explanation, and numerous people have offered clarification as to what was originally meant by it.

Games have been multidisc for decades.

Lost Odyssey - 4 discs and a magnificent game

Final fantasy VII, VIII and IX were multidisc (albeit on CD, still technically outstanding for their time)

Blue Dragon - 3

Infininte Undiscovery - 2

Metal Gear Solid - 2

Oblivion GOTY - 2

Parasite Eve??

Not only do I not mind changing discs (I've been changing discs for over a decade on PC installs), some 360 games that are multidisc grant you some sort of achievement for reaching the end of a disc. And to be fair, to play a game like MGS4 on my 360, I'd happily change discs 5 or 6 times, but I think it's feasable to say that a game like MGS4 shouldn't require more than 2 or 3 discs.

index: I think you'll find that it's the audio that takes up the most amount of space.

There are 2 reasons any developer would want 2+ discs and they are, 1) have a lot of pre rendered cutscenes and 2) use alot of uncompressed sounds (notibly ones that are used in cutscene or only used once).

Now i honestly think that in the whole scheme of things audio is most underrated when people rate games, obviously gameplay then graphics are above that.

Oh and kunzie, i think "decades" is a stretch, multidisc games have only really been around for merly 12~ years, Sega CD didnt have any multi disc games.

Oh and kunzie, i think "decades" is a stretch, multidisc games have only really been around for merly 12~ years, Sega CD didnt have any multi disc games.

Try thinking back before compact disks, and not just consoles.

Games have been multidisc for decades.

Lost Odyssey - 4 discs and a magnificent game

Final fantasy VII, VIII and IX were multidisc (albeit on CD, still technically outstanding for their time)

Blue Dragon - 3

Infininte Undiscovery - 2

Metal Gear Solid - 2

Oblivion GOTY - 2

Parasite Eve??

Not only do I not mind changing discs (I've been changing discs for over a decade on PC installs), some 360 games that are multidisc grant you some sort of achievement for reaching the end of a disc. And to be fair, to play a game like MGS4 on my 360, I'd happily change discs 5 or 6 times, but I think it's feasable to say that a game like MGS4 shouldn't require more than 2 or 3 discs.

index: I think you'll find that it's the audio that takes up the most amount of space.

There are 2 reasons any developer would want 2+ discs and they are, 1) have a lot of pre rendered cutscenes and 2) use alot of uncompressed sounds (notibly ones that are used in cutscene or only used once).

Now i honestly think that in the whole scheme of things audio is most underrated when people rate games, obviously gameplay then graphics are above that.

The majority of floppy disk based games were multiple-disk installs. I've been gaming on PC since around 1987.

But aside from that, I said "over a decade", not "decades". I won Under a Killing Moon along with a 2x CD Rom drive and a few other games on a Brisbane Extra competition.

I think we should read it as capitulation. Of course, he's too much the internet hero to admit fault.

It's a common rookie mistake; you never bluff if you're holding nothing at all. Especially if your opponent has a good hand.

He's logged on numerous times today. I'm such a loser, been checking his profile every couple of hours to see if he's posted the wall of text :P

Perhaps he's not coming back?

Rob.

Console gaming, the most reliable place on Atomic for awesome.

I personally love this place. Even though people stir each other up, it's a good feeling of mateship in here I think.

And index will deliver! I trust him!

Deliver? Yes

With information? Nope, he'll just deliver the laughs :)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/robzy/index.jpg

I'm sure he's just writing up a good post :P

[edit]: Guess who I see in the next thread I go to read? :P http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...ost&p=71897

Rob.

Avoiding us is he?

Now, now. It took him five days to link me to info regarding his comment :--> "Thats why Ninja Theory as been awarded for best game script ever made, well not won yet but we hope so"

The links were this and this which leads to here

Writers’ Guild Awards 2008 Shortlists Announced

The Writers’ Guild of Great Britain is delighted to announce the shortlist for the Writers’ Guild Awards 2008, to be held at BAFTA on Sunday 23rd November:

*waffle waffle waffle...*

Best Videogame Script

* Rhianna Pratchett - Overlord

* Tom Jubert - Penumbra Black Plague

* Rhianna Pratchett, Tameem Antoniades and Andy Serkis - Heavenly Sword

* Steve Ince - So Blonde

Not a lot of competition there really.

[edit]: Guess who I see in the next thread I go to read? :P http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...ost&p=71897

Rob.

Avoiding us is he?

Now, now. It took him five days to link me to info regarding his comment.

And you got what you requested yes?

Same thing will happen here, there is a lot more to the word, wall of text then you think. I am making sure it has no mistakes such as, spelling and general errors.

Things take time to process and as far as I am concerned, it will drive this thread so far off course that my wall of text will require a new thread :)

my wall of text will require a new thread :)

It really wont.

That's called "spam" and it gets you a ban hammer.

Now make good with the wall of text, or stop trolling.

Rob.

Avoiding us is he?

Now, now. It took him five days to link me to info regarding his comment.

And you got what you requested yes?

Same thing will happen here, there is a lot more to the word, wall of text then you think. I am making sure it has no mistakes such as, spelling and general errors.

Things take time to process and as far as I am concerned, it will drive this thread so far off course that my wall of text will require a new thread :)

Hilarity

my wall of text will require a new thread :)

It really wont.

That's called "spam" and it gets you a ban hammer.

Now make good with the wall of text, or stop trolling.

Actually, I am not trolling but I do see what you mean, just take a good look at everyone else's posts and tell me if they are not trolling :) You tell me, its spam? I am providing information and spam is someone who repeats and repeats and repeats. Providing information as one whole document is not spam unless its get repeated a number of times.

Ban Hammer, but you just said make good with the wall of text.

lmao.

I don't even no why I should bother wasting my time. Sometimes I don't know...

spam is someone who repeats and repeats and repeats

So, you with Heavenly Sword?

Well, that's simple. If don't know, then don't waste your time here.

spam is someone who repeats and repeats and repeats

So, you with Heavenly Sword?

Well, that's simple. If don't know, then don't waste your time here.

Answer #1: Have I made threads and threads and threads about Heavenly Sword? No, I have been using its name for examples or demonstrations :) Its not spam.

Answer #2: Well it is simple, becuase there are people in this post that are just going to not care and the fact that The End is a complete twat, I don't see why I should even waste my time, if no one is interested in what I have to say.

I am going to stop here after this post anyhow seems though no one cares, why should I continue?

PS:

MGS4 is highly unlikely to come to 360, its impossible and even if it did, why the hell would you or I want to change discs over during gameplay? I got a simple reason why, does the word obsolete hardware have anything to do with it? I think it does :)

Enjoy having to change over to disc 3 in the first 30 minutes of the game. I will just enjoy it on the PS3 as is, yup! don't have to worry about disc changing on that system. MGS4 on PS3 = win :) MGS4 on 360 = Fail. Enjoy the game on the 360.