Sign in to follow this  
jonno4130

GT5 Release date

Gran Turismo gets Release Date

After half a decade of development, a release date has been announced for the long-awaited Gran Turismo 5. The game is now due out in North America and Latin America on Tuesday November 2.

Tuesday is the normal day for video game launches in North America, with Japan and European regions often receiving new titles on Thursdays of the same week.

Though worldwide release dates were not announced, the hope is that GT5 will also see its way to retail in Europe and Japan during the same week.

The driving simulator incorporates legions of licensed cars, accurately recreated race tracks, and developers at Polyphony Digital are understood to have taken great lengths to precisely reflect real-world driving physics.

Gran Turismo 5 will also be compatible with 3D televisions, another home technology that Sony is keen to see wide adoption along with its PlayStation Move motion controllers.

Finally! Might have to build a Racing Simulator rig for this one!

im not going to stop inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide until i see it on the shelves

Hahahaha... I'll believe it when I see it.

+1

It's far enough in the future that they could still casually announce yet another delay.

I'm so overly excited by E3 that I willingly believe it and I have started holding my...

Posted Image

...BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRea

th

So the glass is half full round here hey?

Haha, I started off writing a serious answer (I do honestly believe I'll be gting it up by Xmas this year), but I got carried away writing a silly answer instead :D.

Edited by elfinke

So the glass is half full round here hey?

I think the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." applies here. How many release dates has GT5 had at this point? I have zero faith in any release date announced for this game and won't believe it's released until I see it on store shelves with my own eyes. I felt exactly the same way about Alan Wake.

Edited by Aki54

Posting from iphone so can't link image, but http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5232.html: US$99 day fucking 1!!

edit:

Posted Image

The 300 page bound book gives me a hardon. A 1:43 scale model of a custom GTR (the pinup car of the GT franchise, love it or hate it) and the DLC and other stuff is pure fluffy bonus.

Edited by elfinke

I was really looking forward to this, but now I'm concerned.

" a voucher for five (5) DLC cars"

Seems like November 2nd is definitely the goods this time around... now that they've actually got special editions and everything worked out, and they seem to be pimping it hard for November release.

To delay it further would be the equivalent to begin digging Polyphony's grave.

Totally buying the signature edition as soon as I can, assuming it doesn't sell out beforehand.

Edited by Reb1rth.

But $300 doesn't have any kind of WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) whatsoever

lol, waf really really angers me. unless there is a genuine reason for money to be tight in a relationship that you cannot afford to spend on stuff for yourself, then i really really dont see any reason as to why any woman can dictate what you spend your hard earned money on or what to buy based on how it looks in the lounge room. hell i look at it as domestic abuse.

but back on topic, my jb guy (who is exceptionally reliable i might add) told me that release is the 18th, but double check on the computer and it said 11/11/10. hrmmmmmmmmm........

November 2 is for America

I still haven't heard a definite date for Australia (Rumour of November 11, but that is not confirmed)

Edited by morris

I may actually go out and buy a PS3 just for this

Newest console I have is a PS2, and that's just for playing Gran Turismo 4

But yes, I agree, I'm not holding my breath for it. I've lost count the amount of times it was meant to come out. It'd be good if it at least comes out before Christmas, if there are no delays...

Edited by nobody813

It's just a poor-man's Forza 3. Shame, really. If they simply ported Forza 3 over to the PS3 they could probably get it to run okay, if they lowered the graphics settings a bit.

It's just a poor-man's Forza 3. Shame, really. If they simply ported Forza 3 over to the PS3 they could probably get it to run okay, if they lowered the graphics settings a bit.

Didn't ask you to troll.

Posted Image

With the pent up expectation, I'm guessing I will be let down.

Let's hope I'm surprised.

Me too. Often games do that. You wait for them, buy the stupidly overpriced Limited Edition, then send it back the next day

I can't fault any of the pre PS3 GT's (e.g all including bar GT 5 Prologue, which I haven't tried), except vehicle damage

Any way, another thing, how long has it been since GT 5 Prologue came out? A long time compared to what GT 4 Prologue was before GT 4 came out?