Sign in to follow this  
jonno4130

GT5 Release date

Hey Wingnut, are you the same wingnut from GTP forums?

Nice post...I'm getting pumped for release. That 2nd video looks awesome. The music is interesting too.

Yes and no.

my tag is wingnut0021 also on those forums but i rarely post.

Hehe...np, I've seen you around there. Vuduegg here...the one who did the hotlap around the 'ring in an M3 up on youtube...

So I have a chance to play what I believe I'd the BestBuy demo of GT5 in 3d tomorrow. After I finish demanding they change it into 2d/60fps/1080p, is there any thing you guys would like me to try out? Damage modeling, replays, track editor? I don't know what content there is, I believe all the fuss is over the 3d, but I'll try what I can (in between copious amounts of F1!)

Hey man, how did the test drive go?

So I have a chance to play what I believe I'd the BestBuy demo of GT5 in 3d tomorrow. After I finish demanding they change it into 2d/60fps/1080p, is there any thing you guys would like me to try out? Damage modeling, replays, track editor? I don't know what content there is, I believe all the fuss is over the 3d, but I'll try what I can (in between copious amounts of F1!)

Hey buddy, apologies for the tardiness in reply. It turned out to be only the E3 demo, which I (and no doubt yourself) knows everything about. So I had a quick lap in a Lamborghini around whatever the track was, and went back to the Killzone 3 demo booth. Sorry :(

Hey buddy, apologies for the tardiness in reply. It turned out to be only the E3 demo, which I (and no doubt yourself) knows everything about. So I had a quick lap in a Lamborghini around whatever the track was, and went back to the Killzone 3 demo booth. Sorry :(

/o\ shattered...

Leaked words on the street are that all the cars in the game are speed-limited to 100km/h to promote road safety.

Leaked words on the street are that all the cars in the game are speed-limited to 100km/h to promote road safety.

Not so good troll is not so good :(

be better

By the time it hits Melbourne, GT5 will have been out for a couple weeks. :(

Well, a place in Melb I know, anyway (Chadstone). :P

Edited by Reb1rth.

lol...damn

2 weeks before release here in Bris is pretty slack too....at least I have the Signature Edition coming my way, so I have something worth the wait *-)

Hmm, I might head over to Chatswood on this Sunday and give a the demo a look. :P

Well surely a fair few of us will be grabbing this.

As we know that the Top Gear test track is included do we want to have an Atomican Star-in-a-reasonably-priced-car competition? Maybe we could use the same hunk of junk TG do so we can compare ourselves to the likes of Steve Coogan, Justin Hawkins, Eric Bana and that Cameron Diaz chick.

As we know that the Top Gear test track is included do we want to have an Atomican Star-in-a-reasonably-priced-car competition? Maybe we could use the same hunk of junk TG do so we can compare ourselves to the likes of Steve Coogan, Justin Hawkins, Eric Bana and that Cameron Diaz chick.

I was going to suggest this very thing. I want to make a bit of a GAF-styled OT for GT5 a week or two before it lands, and throw down some challenges in there too.

Did anyone get a chance to play the demo yet? Was it newer than the E3 demo I played (please say yes)?

I was going to suggest this very thing. I want to make a bit of a GAF-styled OT for GT5 a week or two before it lands, and throw down some challenges in there too.

Did anyone get a chance to play the demo yet? Was it newer than the E3 demo I played (please say yes)?

Absolutely when I went. The physics was pretty much polished and ready to go. Heck, it was absolutely funny to smack a Ferrari 458 Italia into a wall and seeing the reactions from everyone when that happened. It's definitely a lot better than GT5 Prologue and even though I didn't get more time, it was brilliant.

I'm up for this. I second the using of the same car TG uses so we can compare ourselves with the Stig. I think this will be one of the most tried out aspects of the game....comparing times with the Stig.

I'm up for this. I second the using of the same car TG uses so we can compare ourselves with the Stig. I think this will be one of the most tried out aspects of the game....comparing times with the Stig.

Fuck the Stig, I just want to compare myself to Rupert Grint.

Fuck the Stig, I just want to compare myself to Rupert Grint.

/stabs wooden effigy of Tom Cruise....

Who knows? The problem is that all these delays are pretty much eroding the respect I have for Polyphony Digital. At this rate, I'm jumping to Hot Pursuit for the time being before GT is released.