stuub27

Xbox 360 price crash!

This new development puts me in a difficult position, because if I go ahead with it I'll have paid actual money for an Xbox 360 controller.

Sell it, or use it on your PC.

This new development puts me in a difficult position, because if I go ahead with it I'll have paid actual money for an Xbox 360 controller.

Sell it, or use it on your PC.

My PC feels the same way about 360 controllers as I do.

Jesus, I couldn't plug a 360 controller into Mighty Rockbox. It'd be like rape.

--edit-- I'm kinda looking forward to forcing myself to use one though, as I'll definitely be hammering some UFC. Using something crappy to play something awesome will be the true test, and I'll happily accept the irony if I come to get used to it :p

Edited by Takoma

I'm a much bigger fan of the X360 controller than the PS3 one.

Just feels so much nicer. And what's with PS3 game developers mapping "Fire" to shoulder buttons? Cause I make shooty shooty with a TRIGGER. Although it might be because the PS3 controller has retarded backwards angled triggers.

Bah. Dumb controller.

Anyway, I feel for my mate who bought a new X360 4 days before the price drop. Sucks to be him!

I'm a much bigger fan of the X360 controller than the PS3 one.

Just feels so much nicer. And what's with PS3 game developers mapping "Fire" to shoulder buttons? Cause I make shooty shooty with a TRIGGER. Although it might be because the PS3 controller has retarded backwards angled triggers.

Bah. Dumb controller.

Anyway, I feel for my mate who bought a new X360 4 days before the price drop. Sucks to be him!

<3

You're just like me.

Forgot to add you can still stream media through the media library, just not WMC.

I'm guessing this person doesn't actually have the console in question, otherwise they would have tried it out already?

Edited by rs727

Yay the other half said I can get one for my birthday so stoked.

What games do i need to check out .. Gears of war will be the first ones I will pick up.

What games do i need to check out .. Gears of war will be the first ones I will pick up.

deadspace

Batman Arkham asylum

xbox staple halo's if you want

gears of war 1 & 2

new splinter cell was good

i could keep going

edit - how could I forget mass effect 1 & 2

Edited by Josho

Gears of War 1 & 2

Batman: Arkham Asylum

LEGO Batman

LEGO Indiana Jones

LEGO Star Wars

LEGO Harry Potter (yes, they're all worth getting)

Forza 3

Guitar Hero/Rock Band games

FIFA 10

Dead Space

Fable II

Dead Rising

Scene It

You lot love hammering the 360 controller :( It is a fine input device. I'd rather pluck a sweaty ballsack with my teeth than play a UFC game, but that type of gameplay lends itself to the X. Fighters and Tony Hawk games I much prefer the PSX controller.

A friend of mine just bought a Wireless controller and play and charge for $110 only to realise play and charge didn't make it USB on his Win 7 Box he then dropped another $30 on a wireless receiver. That's almost half a new 360 now thats madness!

I still haven't played Metroid Complex I am considering buying it just for that and maybe some Trials HD. I wish Xbox live games would get ported to PC or even see steam releases FFS.

*EDIT*

I haven't even touched Halo 3 yet or Dead Rising hmmmm.

Edited by Pantsmonkey

deadspace

Batman Arkham asylum

xbox staple halo's if you want

gears of war 1 & 2

new splinter cell was good

i could keep going

edit - how could I forget mass effect 1 & 2

Thanks mate..

I picked up both of the gears games thats a no brainer.

But i think I have something wrong with my second forza 3 disc as it wont install the additional content gets about 20% through it then dies..

I also Got Bioshock and obilvion as it was only $18 for the 2 at games.

I have deadspace and Batman Arkham Asylum on PC.

Have also finsihed both mass effects on pc.

Whats the go with no optical out on this thing I get the offical hdmi cable to get the optical breakout box..lame.

Edited by Dan_2

Ah. Yeah. I know what the problem is.

The bundled cable has a big fat grey plastic shell around it (as you can see in nukey's pic) which blocks off the HDMI slot, making it a case of either/or.

If you want to use HDMI video and Optical audio, you need to do some surgery if you don't want to shill out for the official MS HDMI cable.

Check the link: http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

The bundled cable has a big fat grey plastic shell around it (as you can see in nukey's pic) which blocks off the HDMI slot, making it a case of either/or.

If you want to use HDMI video and Optical audio, you need to do some surgery if you don't want to shill out for the official MS HDMI cable.

Its cool man I got one anyway as I had to have it now.. its in my office as the ps3 has now been consumed my the lounge room since play tv.

The 24 inch monitor I have it on has HDMI but the audio is done via a tiny yamaha 5.1 system so thats why I need the optical..

But wish I had seen the link earlier all the same.

Cheers.

Its cool man I got one anyway as I had to have it now.. its in my office as the ps3 has now been consumed my the lounge room since play tv.

The 24 inch monitor I have it on has HDMI but the audio is done via a tiny yamaha 5.1 system so thats why I need the optical..

Cheers.

Its a pain in the ass in all honesty, especially if you've got it on your desk - too many cords!

Cheers.

Its a pain in the ass in all honesty, especially if you've got it on your desk - too many cords!

Sure is mate as my xbox is living in the office out the back with me.

For those who have both a ps3 and an xbox 360 what is ur platform of choice to buy cross platform games on... I am thinking the PS3 but I guess it doesnt matter either way.

Xbox 360 usually, unless of course it's a PS3 exclusive.

I've got more friends on X360 and I'm more comfortable with the controller.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

Xbox 360 usually, unless of course it's a PS3 exclusive.

Any reason mate ??

I have read some articles where people say that some xplatform games look better on the 360 as opposed to the PS3.

Just playing a few games last night on the Xbox i didnt really see anything that backs that up.

I would probably have to get the same game on both platforms to check that.

^^

See edit.

As to graphics quality between the systems there's a metric arse-load of side-by-side video comparisons around between various games and you'll find X360 wins in most cases (PS3 tends to be murkier/blurier than it's X360 counterpart).

Yeah, 360 over PS3 any day of the week. The PS3 is harder to code for and tends to get the ports, so you end up with a compromised game ie. they have to drop details down compensate. Go look at RDR, looks way better on 360.

Also I much prefer the 360 controller and the friends system.

I think it may shortly be time to retire my old launch day 360, which has served me faithfully, every day, for what.. 4 and a bit years? Not too bad.

But the new one, quieter, and better sized, more storage, and native HDMI, is likely to win out.

Thanks guys I will keep that info in mind..

I was tossing up what to get the new transformers game on but I went with PS3 as I have a mate who I will be playing it with and he has a ps3.

I have picked up some more xbox stuff today from the game sale..

Dead Rising $12

X-Man Origins $12

50c Blood on the sand $12

I know some of these games wont impress everyone but i thought for $12 each its worth a look.