Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
LogicprObe

Kevin Rudd

Well, for three years we've watched KR promise this and that but essentialy, deliver nothing.

Mind you, the schemes he has got up by bypassing the caucus and maybe subjecting them to a bit of common sense have been dismal failures.

Kevin, when you have 'reform', the idea is to make things better, not worse.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/brea...i-1225881829753

PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd's top mental health adviser has quit, accusing the Government of a lack of vision and commitment to a problem that affects millions of Australians.

National Advisory Council on Mental Health chairman John Mendoza tendered his resignation yesterday in a letter to Health Minister Nicola Roxon and council members.

In the letter, obtained by Fairfax newspapers, he said he had regarded his appointment as the "most important public service responsibility of my life" and felt a "deep sense of disappointment" in quitting.

"It is now abundantly clear that there is no vision or commitment from the Rudd Government to mental health," he wrote. "The Rudd Government is publicly claiming credit for the increased investment in mental health when almost all of this is a consequence of the work of the Howard Government."

Professor Mendoza's resignation came as leaked figures revealed the expansion of the Better Access program, which provides rebates under Medicare for services such as general practitioner mental health plans and visits to psychologists.

Most experts on the advisory council believe the program is sucking money from where it is needed - on services for growing numbers of mentally unwell young people - and that it is shutting out men, the poor and rural Australians.

Professor Mendoza described the program as "a mess" that should be overhauled into taxpayer-funded teams of psychologists and other professionals, such as mental health nurses and social workers.

he's become a real sad excuse for a PM.

he started to lose me with the internet censorship fiasco....

trouble is, how can anyone in their right mind vote for Abbott?

might as well not vote at all, the Greens are a joke as well.

I have to agree with the man

Don't worry, vote for Rudd. That way you'll end up with Gillard. She's gonna be our next PM.

Hopefully this is as close to living in a Dictatorship as we will ever come to.

When one or two people can decide on implementing policy without cause to debate within a party or take it through cabinet or caucus or even the Gang of Four. It is this one item that should force unions, much as I disagree with forced unionism, to back another horse and realise the problem they have at the top of the Labor party.

Whilst I see the problem with other parties are you willing to let one person decide where to take this country? I thought we were living in a Westminster style Democracy.

Whilst I see the problem with other parties are you willing to let one person decide where to take this country?

It's worked alright for the last century and a bit, why change it now?

I thought we were living in a Westminster style Democracy.

We are.

Whilst I see the problem with other parties are you willing to let one person decide where to take this country?

but that's the problem it has changed, in a Westminster system one person doesn't decide, a party has one leader but all policies are discussed at either party or cabinet level before a decision is made for something to be introduced. Introducing the Gang of 4 bypasses the normal authority of cabinet and the checks and balances involved and taking it to the point of having only one or two deciding on what 'policy' should be is the first step towards a Dictatorship.

but that's the problem it has changed

No, it hasn't.

Was I supposed to vote in something this weekend...

*Edit*

Nope not Pen thank god I am always afraid I miss the vote.

Edited by Pantsmonkey

Hopefully this is as close to living in a Dictatorship as we will ever come to.

When one or two people can decide on implementing policy without cause to debate within a party or take it through cabinet or caucus or even the Gang of Four. It is this one item that should force unions, much as I disagree with forced unionism, to back another horse and realise the problem they have at the top of the Labor party.

Whilst I see the problem with other parties are you willing to let one person decide where to take this country? I thought we were living in a Westminster style Democracy.

g0t ETS?

No wait you don't because even with the support of the governement and the sucessful negotiations with the opposition, Abbot rolled his own leader and was able to prevent it!

And the "gang of 4" is an additional layer of consultation not a replacement. I.E. the full cabinet needs to approve cabinet decisions, the power has not been delegated to the 4.

But dont let the facts get in the way of a good beat-up.

BEAT AWAY

g0t ETS?

No wait you don't because even with the support of the governement and the sucessful negotiations with the opposition, Abbot rolled his own leader and was able to prevent it!

And the "gang of 4" is an additional layer of consultation not a replacement. I.E. the full cabinet needs to approve cabinet decisions, the power has not been delegated to the 4.

BEAT AWAY

possibly cross purposes, I'm talking Super Tax not ETS. The former was a decision made, apparently, by 2 people, Rudd and Swan, without consultation of either the gang of 4 or cabinet (otherwise Ferguson, as Minister for Resources, would have known). In this case the Gang of 4 wasn't an additional layer of consultation and I'm not sure that the Gang of 4 is an additional layer of consultation as it seems to be the creator of ideas rather than the discussor of ideas.

g0t ETS?

BEAT AWAY

Don't mind if I do...

Got ETS...No...and that's a good thing! It was just a poorly hidden tax which wouldn't have saved a single cubic centimeter of CO2 despite being lauded as the solution to global warming, world hunger and erectile disfunction. When that tax was blocked they immediately found another one, desperate to find money to dig themselves out of the appaulingly mismanaged GFC "solutions" they pulled out of their arses.

Kev has been a massive let down. Every time I hear that "working families" diatribe trotted out now I freaking cringe. He's backed down on every good initiative and moral code he promised to follow, he spent almost more time out of Australia than in it in his globetrotting first term and has started bribing the commercial networks with advertising. He's already doing all the things he criticised Howard about when in opposition.

I'm freaking embarrased to admit voting for the arseclown but I still wonder what the Libs would have done if they had to face the GFC and suspect they are relieved to have been in opposition for all that. I don't like Abbott either but I guess we have to just switch parties every election with a massive swing in the lower house and keep them knobbled by the senate until they realise we aren't going to take this shit anymore.

Don't mind if I do...

Got ETS...No...and that's a good thing! It was just a poorly hidden tax which wouldn't have saved a single cubic centimeter of CO2 despite being lauded as the solution to global warming, world hunger and erectile disfunction. When that tax was blocked they immediately found another one, desperate to find money to dig themselves out of the appaulingly mismanaged GFC "solutions" they pulled out of their arses.

Kev has been a massive let down. Every time I hear that "working families" diatribe trotted out now I freaking cringe. He's backed down on every good initiative and moral code he promised to follow, he spent almost more time out of Australia than in it in his globetrotting first term and has started bribing the commercial networks with advertising. He's already doing all the things he criticised Howard about when in opposition.

I'm freaking embarrased to admit voting for the arseclown but I still wonder what the Libs would have done if they had to face the GFC and suspect they are relieved to have been in opposition for all that. I don't like Abbott either but I guess we have to just switch parties every election with a massive swing in the lower house and keep them knobbled by the senate until they realise we aren't going to take this shit anymore.

here, here...

maybe it's just coincidence, but isn't it 'funny' that Barack Osama (oopsies!) is one of the very few open supporters of Rudd, and he wants to be able to turn the intranets off completely

a conspiracy, anyone?

just who are the real terrorists here? I haven't felt threatened by Osama, or the rest of the lads.....but I've certainly felt threatened by Rudd, and Obama.......

:|

maybe it's just coincidence, but isn't it 'funny' that Barack Osama (oopsies!) is one of the very few open supporters of Rudd, and he wants to be able to turn the intranets off completely

a conspiracy, anyone?

just who are the real terrorists here? I haven't felt threatened by Osama, or the rest of the lads.....but I've certainly felt threatened by Rudd, and Obama.......

:|

See you at the mosque on Friday.

Allah akbar!

It is not longer a case of who I want to see in power, but of who I don't want to see in power. Abbott fits that bill.

Kevin Rudd

He really is a dud

All he does is chew his cud

And play in the mud

*giggles*

So which is he ?...A cow or a pig ?

Or a whole new species, ie; both of the above .

Yeah, well this is what the public gets for voting a relatively unknown politician into power.

Should have kept Howard and then Costello. Would have been a much better government.

Yeah, well this is what the public gets for voting a relatively unknown politician into power.

It's not really fair to say that the public voted a relatively unknown politician into power. Out of all the people in Australia, only 43,957 people voted for him.