d3c4y

So, this Gillard lady...

As far as I'm concerned, the only pertinent question for US to ask is;

What's Gillard's stance on the Mandatory Net Filtering?

Eh? We have plenty of pertinent questions.

But they'll be answered soon enough; she'll be PM tomorrow

As far as I'm concerned, the only pertinent question for US to ask is;

What's Gillard's stance on the Mandatory Net Filtering?

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about those ads she's planning to run at 10:30 each night to tell the kiddies it's way past their bedtimes.

Eh? We have plenty of pertinent questions.

I guess I meant from a IT perspective.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about those ads she's planning to run at 10:30 each night to tell the kiddies it's way past their bedtimes.

I was hoping she'd be less conservative than the last guy. I really should follow politics more closely.

Is she gonna push ahead with the 40% mining tax?

Is she gonna leave the ETS on the shelf?

What does it mean that she's from the left of the party? What's her position on nuclear power, for example?

How many weeks you give it before she's had a makeover?

I think she probably piles on the makeup as it is.

Luckily for us, she doesn't really need to rely on her looks to perform in her job.

I think she probably piles on the makeup as it is.

Luckily for us, she doesn't really need to rely on her looks to perform in her job.

You've got your head in the clouds if you reckon they're not a factor in winning the next election.

It'd prolly help prolong her honeymoon a bit

I've got a question for her:

"Why should I even bother going to the polls?"

Because politicians bank on our apathy.

Rob.

Rob.

They can bank all they want. I think I just crossed the Give A Fuck Event Horizon!

Rob.

They can bank all they want. I think I just crossed the Give A Fuck Event Horizon!

You seem to be posting a lot about something you don't give a fuck about.

Rob.

You seem to be posting a lot about something you don't give a fuck about.

I just crossed the horizon. Once my initial dismay settles I imagine my posting will vanish.

I really think this is a bad move for Labor. Rudd still had a good chance of winning the election, and I always think that leadership changes at the 11th hour just makes the whole party smell of desperation. I mean look at NSW Labor? Everyone reckoned that Kenneally would give them a better chance of winning than Rees, and yet they have a TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT swing against them in a traditional Labor seat.

When she turned up on Australian Story this week...........I knew it was on.

For the 2nd time too!

Personally I think she'll do whatever the party tells her to do seeing as she's being elected by the factional leaders.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, since I have no idea what Labor thinks, only what Rudd thinks.

Personally, I think she'll continue to take the easy way out, and have Conroy be the fall guy for supporting the Net filter so she can continue to pander to the Christian right, while keeping the whole issue at arms distance from herself.

Just saw footage of her leaving the PM's office earlier this evening. She doesn't look happy.

Nor does she look confident. She looked Most Unimpressed, imo.

Just saw footage of her leaving the PM's office earlier this evening. She doesn't look happy.

Yeah, she's been a staunch supporter of Rudd and his leadership and seems like she's never wanted to take over on the back of a leadership contest.

Apparently earlier today when fronted with the proposition to contest the leadership she laughed it off and told people to go away, but when they pretty muched forced the numbers on her she finally agreed. I don't know how they managed to get her to agree.

She seems like a very loyal person overall.

Abbott, i think, will have issues in going into a traditional slinging match against Gillard...

Definitely a better look under the circumstances than seeming pleased with herself...

Just been perusing her Wiki page. I like this bit...

Gillard is notable both at home and in overseas nations such as the United States for her heavy use of strine when delivering political addresses.

Edited by Kimmo

Abbott, i think, will have issues in going into a traditional slinging match against Gillard...

How come?

I know that they've both said they like each other.

How come?

I think Abbott would be trying to reduce his chances as being seen as sexist, or beating down on a woman - regardless of what her actual (dis)abilities are, as a person, not as a result of her sex.

I just think he'd tread more carefully with gillard as his opponent, compared to Rudd.

How come?

I just had a vision of Kath & Kim, with Glen Robbins walking on set wearing budgie-smugglers.

Yeah, she's been a staunch supporter of Rudd and his leadership and seems like she's never wanted to take over on the back of a leadership contest.

Apparently earlier today when fronted with the proposition to contest the leadership she laughed it off and told people to go away, but when they pretty muched forced the numbers on her she finally agreed. I don't know how they managed to get her to agree.

She seems like a very loyal person overall.

Isn't that what they all say to the cameras? The slightest hint will send the media into a frenzy for weeks, like it used to with Costello. And recall Turnbull. He reckons he even saw Bishop vote against him, while at the same time she was telling everyone he had her support.

Rather, what I mean is it's no indication of what she really wanted. She's the one who asked for the ballot afterall.

Edited by sponger