SavageD

Auzen Prelude 7.1 Driver Thread

Turns out there's been a Prelude driver update. Have at it.

http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php

Driver release Information:

* Driver name: RC7

* Download Size: 160 mb

* Release Date: 09/03/2008

Changes in this Driver:

* DDL audio operational after system wakes from sleep mode.

Known Bugs:

Windows Vista (32bit)

* Default value mutes the MIC in all modes.

Windows XP

* The 'Bass Settings' and 'Advanced' in Entertainment mode to be added in next driver.

* No other specific issues in Windows XP.

Notes:

* DTS is not included in this driver.

* Installation of this driver will require removal of any previous X-Fi Prelude drivers.

* The ALchemy application is included in this installation. Any previous installations of ALchemy from this site should be uninstalled first.

Instructions:

1. Download and unzip the driver.

2. Uninstall the current driver(s)

* Go to ‘Start > Programs > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs

* Uninstall the ‘Alchemy Driver’

* Uninstall the ‘Dolby Digital Live Pack’

* Uninstall the ‘Auzen X-Fi Prelude’

3. Reboot the PC

4. Browse to the new driver folder > Audio > Setup, then use ‘setup.exe’ to install

5. For messages that appear during installation, click ‘Continue’, ‘Yes’ or ‘OK’

6. Reboot your PC after completing the installation.

I had a nightmare of a time during my last Prelude driver update, so I think i'll wait until DTS is included (for XP?).

RC6 is very similar to RC7, and is what i'm currently using. I think i'll wait to update until they release a driver with DTS is included as i don't let my computer sleep :P

:)

With any luck the next full release will have both DDL and DTS with no activation for either one. Here's hoping.

With any luck the next full release will have both DDL and DTS with no activation for either one. Here's hoping.

Lol, activation won't just go away. They have to implement it as part of their contract with Dolby (or whoever distributes it).

Yeah, I realise that. My understanding is that the license is between the end user and Dolby, hence the reason each of us has our own activation code for full release drivers. It's still an embuggerance though.

Ok, RC8 drivers are have been released and I hope they haven't been posted yet.

I'll probably download them today and get back to you :)

http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php

Driver release Information:

* Driver name: RC8

* Download Size: 232 mb

* Release Date: 09/24/2008

Changes in this Driver

* DTS encoding available in Vista.

* Driver enhancements in XP and Vista

* Default value mutes the MIC in all modes.

* The "Bass Settings" in Entertainment mode is available in XP.

* Additional software

- Creative Media Toolbox 6

- Sound Font Bank Manager

- Creative MediaSource 5 Organizer

- Creative MediaSource 5 Player

- Creative MediaSource 5 Audio Converter

Known Bugs

* Incorrect characters display in the X-Fi Prelude control panel after Korean-language installation.

* DTS Neo does not up-mix when rendering stereo audio.

Notes:

* DTS Encoding available in Vista only. However, the DTS driver provides additional features even in Windows XP.

* Installation of this driver will require removal of any previous X-Fi Prelude drivers.

* The ALchemy application is included in this installation. Any previous installations of ALchemy from this site should be uninstalled first.

Maccdaddy,

You running XP or Vista?

Looks as if XP owners miss out on DTS, which doesn't bother me I guess, since I don't need it for gaming.

What's with all the additional software though? Do you have to install it?

& have they taken out the need to sign up to Creative or whatever it was from the last few driver releases?

I'm running XP and I don't need the DTS at the moment either.

AFAIK they got rid of the registration BS in the RC6, but don't quote me on that, I don't know about the other programs yet because my net is slow and it only just finished downloading lol.

I'll post back in a while.

Alright, I haven't found any bugs so far so I'm happy. The new bass options are a nice addition, they give you the option to use a high pass filter between 0 and 200hz variable at 10hz intervals and a bass boost from 0 to 12dB in 1dB intervals, I'm not really sure why you would want a bass boost if you don't have a sub... I do have one so it suits me fine, but other people can enjoy their distortion lol.

The Creative Media Toolbox is a scam, it's only a trial version, but choosing the custom install you can cancel most of the other installations, unfortunately you are still forced to download them.

You also don't have to sign up to anything either so don't worry about that.

Other than that, download or don't, it won't affect you too much.

Thanks, Mac. If i'm feeling game, I might give them a go.

I just noticed that if you register your card on the Auzen site, you get an extra years warranty on top of the existing year...fyi.

These aren't just drivers though, the download always includes the whole Auzen control program thingo which blows out the size when they have only changed the tiniest thing... An automatic update service would go down well.