Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LordBug

This is truly a momentous day!

Forget about this silly politics tripe, that's pretty uninteresting.

No, this is about me!

Today is the very first day in the past two, possibly even three, whole great big fat prolonged years upon which I have finally, for the house, bought toilet paper.

At long last, the final roll was put on the holder, and with a weight in my heart, I resigned myself to having to purchase more.

It's become a foreign concept to me, to have to buy toilet paper. It was just, y'know, always there.

I held back this day, I did indeed. A strict budget of only $50, and I have in the car 80 rolls of Sorbent extra thick. Kinda disappointed, there aren't any good specials on bog fodder. I'll just get more when one does pop up I suppose :)

And now that I've reacquainted myself with what it feels like to be a regular purchase of the paper of bottomly delight, I can once again start to dream of retiling the resting room and build my throne out of the rolls. Oh grand plans, please cometh forth and give me great joy!

Oh look, here's a memory of the heady days, the old inverted pyramid which had in total (Including the rolls behind it on the window sill) 101 rolls :D

Posted Image

Hmm... if someone did a really, really bad shit, wouldn't all those rolls kinda soak up the stench and release it slowly, like an air-(un)freshener?

Just keep the window shut - only thing worse than "has been wet" bog paper is "still wet" bog paper ~ your finger goes right through that.

(living in barracks one of the jokes was to throw a bucket of water into the stall of someone taking a bog, if your unlucky it soaked the bog paper so I know)

80 rolls for 50 bucks... fark, they saw you comin'

Kimmo - That's a man's version of a scented candle ;D

But I did plenty of smelly poos, and they never appeared to soak into the paper back then thankfully :)

zzrhardy - As a camping man, I've experienced damp dunny paper too often. Not fun, I agree.

That photo was taken in the old place, the new place doesn't have a window like that, so there won't be the inverted pyramid ever again, instead it'll be the throne, from the floor up ^_^

nuke - Strewth man, now you've doomed me to dash to Kmart after rock climbing tonight! Wheeee! :D

Rybags - Pack of 16 rolls for $9, cheapest I could bother to look for, down from $13 for the 16. I haven't seen decent quality bum paper for less than 50c a roll for a long long time, why, over two years funnily enough... :)~

I've noticed the decent quality stuff is often on special.

I usually got the generic 2-ply stuff at $3 per 6, but for at least this year, there's usually been 9-packs of Sorbent or Wondersoft going for about $4-$4.50

Before someone says "Real Men Don't Need Aloe" please also consider that Real Men drink lots of beer, eat lots of thai takeaway and mexican.

Aloe is the lesser of two evils, the other being a chaffed ringpeice that makes you mince around worse that a Oxford Street regular.

We'll know who it is if someone is found buried under pile of toilet rolls in their toilet in the news.

When I first saw that pic... I thought it was a giant stack of toilet paper made to look like a big hand pulling the finger at the neighbours.

I prefer to look at it in this way.

Now that sir, is a throne worthy for our queen..

If you were/are in Sydney, I buy my poo papers from cincotta chemist. 14.95 for 48 rolls of 2ply, and the good thing is, it doesn't feel like sandpaper!

rob

zzrhardy, yeah, I used to love rough toilet paper, but I eventually got over the whole blood on the paper from such rough wiping thing pretty quick, because it hurts the next time you go poo.

twinair, old enough to be younger than you :D

Foods, it doesn't funnily enough. As it is, I either do ones that the smell vanishes the moment you open the door, and then others which you can almost see hanging in the air, biding its time before wandering on, only flame has the ability to kill it.

motiv, if only I could take such an amount of toilet paper with me back on the plane when I come over in August. Alas!

Funny thing hey.

I went to Kmart, just like I said.

I wandered around, and remembered that I was looking for bog fodder.

Went hunting for where it was, but got distracted.

Walked out of the place with a coffee plunger and four AAA rechargeables.

Only when I got home and saw the small tower of packaged toilet paper did I realise that I'd forgotten to track it down at the Gaymart >_<

You can actually get it half-priced from Hardware stores if you're in the know.

Just go out the back and ask for some Anti-Splash.

Hmmm the bog roll economic index. It's rarely used but I believe an important indicator, probably moreso than the banana index :)

Quilton or death!

Or the poorly named moist toilet wipes.

My bum has to put up with all kinds of shit, so it deserves the best.