Sign in to follow this  
nesquick

DELL U2711 only $799 and 3008WFP only $1600 for 4 days only though

Installing a new monitor is usually the only time my desk gets a proper wipe-down.

Yeah agreed cept for the area around keyboard and mouse. rest of it has comp stuff on it.

just got a email to say mine is ready to be shipped took them a week to get that far but at least it happened this week now there is a chance i will see it next even though they say it could be over a month till it arrives

im guessing you guys are rather happy with yours so far how do they compare to your old monitors?

im guessing you guys are rather happy with yours so far how do they compare to your old monitors?

what comparison? :P I owned a TN 1080P screen...

what comparison? :P I owned a TN 1080P screen...

I owned a LG 24" Which is ok but the Dell 3008WFP is the king. Not going back to the TN if i can help it.

My second 3008WFP arrived yesterday. It was quite a surprise, considering it wasn't even in the online tracking system by that stage.

It's a perfect match to the 3008WFP I bought a few weeks ago. After running the colour calibration (Spyder3Elite), both screens now show identical colours. Very impressed.

Now I can give the 3007WFP to the kids for their playroom PC (their PC has a GTX285 card that will run the 30" screen without too much trouble, although the most it has to do is run Grade 2 maths and spelling games).

Well I got my 2711 today, Im pretty amazed its nicer compared to my 2709 but I sure do miss 16:10 res.

Posted Image

Turn the lights on and take a proper picture.

That's with the lights on and my phone camera.

nice

dell updated mine to with local courier on friday so with any luck its getting close

nice

dell updated mine to with local courier on friday so with any luck its getting close

Yeah man hopefully tomorrow.

Trust me its worth it!

yer it will be nice to get away from the ~100ms delay and 12ms gtg of the old monitor and the extra size\res\color accuracy should just be beautiful

will give me a excuse to play a bunch of games all over again

At the risk of being moderated: fuck you Australia, I want one I want one I wantone IwantoneohmygodohmygodohmygodIWANTONESOBADLY!

Just got a bonus and need something to spend it on. But right now they're the price of a small car here - differential pricing is fun.

At the risk of being moderated: fuck you Australia, I want one I want one I wantone IwantoneohmygodohmygodohmygodIWANTONESOBADLY!

Just got a bonus and need something to spend it on. But right now they're the price of a small car here - differential pricing is fun.

they were $1199 in au just a few months back with a bit of luck maybe your price drop is still coming and with a bit more luck it will be on special soon after

unfortunately it could be a while :(

Come to Brisbane bro you can buy my 2709 :P

I kinda want the 2560 x 1440 res TBH. Such pixel density...

they were $1199 in au just a few months back with a bit of luck maybe your price drop is still coming and with a bit more luck it will be on special soon after

unfortunately it could be a while :(

Yeah it'll probably be a while eh - they're not 'officially' available in NZ, you have to hunt it down in the Dell site to find it, so as you say, I'm guessing price drops and specials will take a while (hell we never got the 3007 WFP).

Only problem i have with the U2711 is that it is just an enlarged 16:9 ratio screen with higher resolution. l like my screens to be 16:10.

Only problem i have with the U2711 is that it is just an enlarged 16:9 ratio screen with higher resolution. l like my screens to be 16:10.

Yeah thats the only thing I miss.

16:10 was nice

^^ TBH one of the reasons I like it is that with this I can make the (inevitable it seems) jump to 16:9, whilst actually gaining 240 pixels. Softens the blow and TBH, we do see things more easily horizontally than vertically and it's presumably nice to utilise the screen to the full with media?

^^ TBH one of the reasons I like it is that with this I can make the (inevitable it seems) jump to 16:9, whilst actually gaining 240 pixels. Softens the blow and TBH, we do see things more easily horizontally than vertically and it's presumably nice to utilise the screen to the full with media?

Yeah while I do miss it.

It looks so much better then 16:10 at this res

well look at it this way $679 for this 2560x1440 screen or $1500 for one with 160 more pixels, I think I chose well.

well look at it this way $679 for this 2560x1440 screen or $1500 for one with 160 more pixels, I think I chose well.

Correction: 409,600 more pixels. Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.