Sign in to follow this  
nesquick

DELL U2711 only $799 and 3008WFP only $1600 for 4 days only though

^^ TBH one of the reasons I like it is that with this I can make the (inevitable it seems) jump to 16:9, whilst actually gaining 240 pixels. Softens the blow and TBH, we do see things more easily horizontally than vertically and it's presumably nice to utilise the screen to the full with media?

well look at it this way $679 for this 2560x1440 screen or $1500 for one with 160 more pixels, I think I chose well.

Correction: 409,600 more pixels.

160 more vertical pixels

Hey so noticed this thread just now... a few days before the end of financial year, the U2410s were reduced to a sticker price of $699, then they were 20% off ($559) and there was a 15% coupon that worked... $475 each. Damn.

I bought two. IPS ftw. Now my E248 looks lame. Vertical viewing angles (portrait config Eyefinity) blow. Damn.

But Eyefinity rocks at 3600x1920. Oh yeah.

Come to Brisbane bro you can buy my 2709 :P

Would it be possible to post that? If so, how much you after?

Iv posted screens before using like a layer of bubble wrap with a stiff piece of carboard over the panel then more bubble wrap and get some large sheets of carboard and make them into an outer shel, works quiet well and is cheap to post cause low cubic meter volume.

Iv posted screens before using like a layer of bubble wrap with a stiff piece of carboard over the panel then more bubble wrap and get some large sheets of carboard and make them into an outer shel, works quiet well and is cheap to post cause low cubic meter volume.

it would probably fit the u2711 box fairly well to

SOLD to some girl at work.

Yeah already talked to mudg3 about this on steam and decided I'd rather go for an eyefinity setup when i get up some cashola!

well i found it at the door courier must have arrived after 5:40pm silly thing is i was home but was expecting the dam dogs to make a racket... slackers

anyway the monitor is beautiful and i have been spending the last several hours tweaking the color i think i have made some progress towards getting the color more balanced but its still a little too strong in color however i think i have managed tweak the old monitor to look much better than it did today :\

tried taking some photos but they were a bit dark so will try again tomorrow with a bit longer exposure

my settings are Brightness 26 Contrast 50 SRGB mode but also like custom 86/ 84/ 87

Edited by nesquick

both photos look stronger in color than they do on the monitors

Posted Image

the camera has made the 2405 look much bluer in this photo than it dose

in real life it looks pale in comparison to the 2711

Posted Image

thanks nesquick

currently using

10 brightness 50 contrast

r100 g 87 b99

might try lowering them a bit more

The screen on the right looks to have the brightness up to high or the contrast, while the screen on the left needs a tad more bightness and a tad less color saturation IMO.

The screen on the right looks to have the brightness up to high or the contrast, while the screen on the left needs a tad more bightness and a tad less color saturation IMO.

yer like i said the pictures look rather different to real life

the camera has really saturated the color in the 2405 which looks a little pale to the naked eye

the left screen is the 2405 it has a bit of a reddish tinge to its whites and blacks but the actual red is lacking a bit its a little to strong in yellow

the 2711 looks to strong in color in some photos but then in a game like arma 2 which normally looks pale it actually looks fairly good

they were $1400 fri-monday.

I just saw this thread. Shit dick.

I've been eyeing one of them off for a fair while now, but i can't justify $2K. $1.4K is bearable but.

Actually the 27" would be more in my price range. Still...

Bollocks.

Edited by Electr0

they were $1400 fri-monday.

I just saw this thread. Shit dick.

I've been eyeing one of them off for a fair while now, but i can't justify $2K. $1.4K is bearable but.

Actually the 27" would be more in my price range. Still...

Bollocks.

give it another week or 2 the prices on the 3008's will go down to $1500 with a racq voucher :)